(1) Possible 'Black' and 'White' Spoilers - Unconfirmed [6/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry, no job is on the line here ;)
I was permitted to share this information; I just choose a different medium.

From what I understand, the battle field item is an item used by the trainer, not a held-item.

I'm going with the "Large green cobra" as Rayquaza....

I mean, shouldn't the pokemon be gray?

Pokemon Black, White, and... green?

Black, white and gray... It should be a steel/dragon thing... not big green cobra

King Armag said:

Black, white and gray... It should be a steel/dragon thing... not big green cobra

Well, we can't say until we see. But personally I don't think they'll make the 3rd version gray. It just sounds so dull and uninteresting. They'd likely make another variation on the green colour - likely Jade or Perdiot (likely the former as it's better-known) - assuming the 3rd mascot is indeed a green snake-like Pokemon.

[Edit]: Also, Martijn knows what Rayquaza is, he compared this new one to Rayquaza, so I highly doubt he would mistake it for a new Pokemon.

If the next game turns out as grey then although logical it just sounds too boring lol

"Monochrome" might be a good choice.

And if like Martijn says the third Pokemon is green, then maybe Jade.

Thank you so much for this information Martijn.
I would really appreciate if you didn't just disappear, so when the time comes, you can show us how the starters were before the changes, and other developing plans.

Yea, I agree with Luke, and thank you so much for taking the time to send us all this information. Even if things do change before the release, I'm excited for these games more than ever.

rocky505 said:
^ Nice idea. Poison/Dragon most likely which sucks for this will make all three weak to ground type.

I called it, i said that a long time ago lol idc im just happy for info

Martijngamer said:
I was permitted to share this information; I just choose a different medium
Are there any other details you're free to divulge? Specifically, do you have a rough idea of how many of the new Pokémon are evolutions of older ones? Does the main quest still revolve around collecting badges, or does the yin and yang theme play a bigger role? Is there only one region in the games?

I caught Rayquaza in Emerald, so yes, I know the difference ;-)

I'm not sure how clear this is going to work out, but the color of this font is the base sprite-color of the 'cobra/viper/snake'.

The colors in the design I've currently seen are a little too colorful to fit the other two, but with 'graying' them a little bit -WPM might agree with me- they might actually fit very well.

And you're all very welcome!
I'll keep in touch with WPM anyway, so if I have any more news or such, I'll make sure you guys won't miss out on anything.

I'll also keep an eye on this forum (this topic at least) anyway, so if you have any questions, I can (at least try to) answer them.

Rayquaza has way more in common with a Chinese dragon than a cobra...

Anyways, the cobra is actually very, very, very possible and is what makes this information feasible to me (grain of salt still), though I should probably explain my theory, shouldn't I?

Reshiram could represent "good", as in what is pure and perfect. Ex. Garden of Eden, before Adam and Eve screwed up. Also, heaven.

Zekrom could represent what is already corrupted and dark, like death, violence, and other things. As in, the world outside of the sanctuary where you can actually feel pain and die. Also, hell.

The cobra could easily represent the temptation to ruin things, as in the devil or the temptation to screw everything up. The difference between temptation and corruption is that temptation means that it hasn't happened yet but could. In other words, it would represent Earth. You could go to heaven, but there's the temptation that can lead you to hell. Basically, it would represent the temptations and choices you face in life.

To put it simply, there's heaven, earth, and hell, each one represented by a legendary.

At least, if they did indeed chose a snake, that is most likely why. A snake can represent temptation, choice, and Earth. Perfect to complete the trio, I'll say. We'll have to wait and see if this is real, though.

I don't think Pokemon is about to touch anything religious, even with a 10-foot-long smelly pole. If in the Japanese version there is even the slight feel of such a thing, you can be sure it won't make its way to western release intact.

remember all the tweaking and red tape around Arceus?

The thing about Ying and Yang is that its not so much religious, more like a theory of harmony. Hence its passable.

About evolutions,

I'd love for there to be a whole ton of new ones personally, much like what the 4th gen done. However it's worth keeping in mind that the theme of the 4th gen even before all Pokemon were announced was evolution. There has been no such talk for 5th generation though, so there may only be a handful of new evos.
remember 3rd gen had NO NEW EVOS,
although each generation has atleast introduced 2 baby pokemon minimum (not that we really need more of those though IMO)

In regards to evolutions, I think it's dumb to have items like the Reaper Cloth and Magmarizer that are only used to evolve one Pokemon.

These need to be used for others as well.

kriffix said:
I don't think Pokemon is about to touch anything religious, even with a 10-foot-long smelly pole. If in the Japanese version there is even the slight feel of such a thing, you can be sure it won't make its way to western release intact.

remember all the tweaking and red tape around Arceus?

The thing about Ying and Yang is that its not so much religious, more like a theory of harmony. Hence its passable.

It doesn't have to be religious at all, though. I just used biblical lore to explain the overall concept, the actual concept isn't religious and can be applied to Yin and Yang.

Yin + Yang = everything, which is how Earth is. Snakes are often used to represent Earth because they literally crawl on the earth and are way cooler than worms.

That is probably what they were thinking if they went the snake route.

Meanwhile the average faker would go, "let's make a giant gray dragon!"

I just have one question, does the game still revolve around Gyms, League, Champion? Or even if there still in and the plot is different, cuz the game without Gyms... that isn't even Pokemon.

King Armag said:

Rayquaza is not a cobra, He's based of a chinese dragon and a hebrew legend I think. But seriously It doesnt even have a hood.

In Chinese culture, THere is the Yin and the Yang (Reshiram and Zekrom respectively) The third component once discussed before is called Wuji. Wuji means limitless or infinite, at the same time it means nothingness.

Ooh, good research!

Does it by any chance use this (無) character?

OK, nevermind wiki'd it lol.

"無極" `So in Japanese it's read "mukyoku" but is the same concept. I've never come across it before but just by the characters you kind of get the feeling though haha. "An infinite/intangible extremity" nice stuff!

tweety210 said:
In Chinese culture, THere is the Yin and the Yang (Reshiram and Zekrom respectively) The third component once discussed before is called Wuji. Wuji means limitless or infinite, at the same time it means nothingness.

Snakes, in many cultures can symbolize longevity or immortality, i guess this might tie in with Wuji, Cobras in ancient Egyptian mythology were symbols for immortality and longevity, in this context the Cobra Legendary makes sense..
besides i don't mind a cobra legend i think its cool...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back