(1) Roserade GL from 'Rising Rivals' [4/24]

You know what I won't like about this set? A lot of the holo rares and rares just suck. Oh well. Flygon makes up for it. ^_^

But anyway, I never noticed what was in the background of that Roserade. Not that it matters, anyway.

Well, at least its a somwhat decent GL, they all seem horoble, save for a few of the better 4's. I have lost all hope for the set, what with 110 of the 119 cards being horoble, odds againsts ever getting the rotoms and the fact that it is mostly filled with SPs that suck, they should really make ones with more synergy, like the platnium ones.

This card has nice art and it looks like a very good card. I hope they include it in the theme decks if they can. Anyway great card for a non-holographic.:)

Go-Pokemon also released Luxray, Mismagius, and Lucario. In total they have seven images up. Interestingly...
Go Pokemon said:
Luxray [GL] LV.X (109/111) stars in the latest batch of card images to be revealed from the upcoming Pokémon TCG: Platinum—Rising Rivals release. Hitting store shelves on May 20th, 2009, this latest installment of the best-selling Pokémon TCG contains more than 110 cards, including new Pokémon SP, new Pokémon LV.X, and many more surprises.

Click here to catch an early glimpse of four upcoming cards!
I wonder if they were originally going to only show 4 cards, but since we posted 3, they had to post them too (for a total of 7).

xxashxx said:
This card has nice art and it looks like a very good card. I hope they include it in the theme decks if they can. Anyway great card for a non-holographic.:)

The images on Go-Pokemon are not actual scans of the cards, but mere computer images of what the card will look like. As WPM stated, the card will be holo upon release. :)

Well I'm disappointed that they haven't shown us the Flygon....
The Roserade will be useful in the prerelease though.

Abomasnow-Man29 said:
Well I'm disappointed that they haven't shown us the Flygon....
I'm not surprised that they haven't. They almost never unveil good cards.

This card could work out. Poison & trap for free (With Energy Gain attached), and 30 with a possibility of hitting a benched Pokemon (especially if playing Skunktank) for 1 energy. Not too shabby.

yeah, it can be good by trapping the foe while poisoned, especially when combined with things like Toxicroak MT and weezing GE.

Nice card. Cherrim, Skymin Lv.X, Skuntank G, Crobat G, Honchkrow G, Palkia Lv.X, Warp Point. The list of techs go on. I love Roserade GL, but it's terrible as a Holo Rare.

dmaster out.

Just looking at the scans, and I'm confused. Is Rotom a Holo Uncommon? Or is it a Secret Rare?

Also, there is a glitch on the scan page. When I click on the Luxray, it won't stop loading, but when I click on the Luxray Lv.X it brings up the Luxray.

ROTOM ROTOM ROTOM! said:
Well, at least its a somwhat decent GL, they all seem horoble, save for a few of the better 4's. I have lost all hope for the set, what with 110 of the 119 cards being horoble, odds againsts ever getting the rotoms and the fact that it is mostly filled with SPs that suck, they should really make ones with more synergy, like the platnium ones.

What do you mean these cards are horrible ( i think thats what you wanted to say). This card is AWESOME. Imagine attaching an energy gain to it. Free attack and a good at that thank you very much. The 5 SP Lv.X cards are also great. I wasn't sold on the Luxray but looking at him now he will combo quite nicely with a lot of cards for quick damage. The SP pokemon do have synergy especially with the already released ones. Look at the Alakazam and imagine a Palkia G or poketurn could do for him. Think about Floatzel and Kingdra, Infernape and Gallade, need I go on. This set is going to flip the metagame around again and the chances of Dialga G Lv.X remaining BDIF are slim. The cards have been way more creative this year compared to the last 2 because now we no longer face GG or Flygon ex decks game after game after game. And I for 1 am greatful of this.

Really can't wait to get my hands on this card in particular. Have been dreaming about it since I first saw the scans on here

picklelicker129 said:
Just looking at the scans, and I'm confused. Is Rotom a Holo Uncommon? Or is it a Secret Rare?

Also, there is a glitch on the scan page. When I click on the Luxray, it won't stop loading, but when I click on the Luxray Lv.X it brings up the Luxray.

Yes, Rotom is a holo uncommon in Japanese.

omahanime said:
picklelicker129 said:

Yes, Rotom is a holo uncommon in Japanese.

That's pretty awesome. So in America one of our uncommons can be holo in a pack? Or two?

Back