(1) Rumor: New Pokemon Greninja, Hawlucha, and Binacle Revealed? [9/29]

RE: (1) Rumor: New Pokemon Greninja, Hawklucha, and Binacle Revealed? [9/29]

It's worth noting that the other batch of rumours showcased on PB's front page a week ago made no mention of the Froakie evolution's peculiar tongue.

bacon said:
It's worth noting that the other batch of rumours showcased on PokéBeach's front page a week ago made no mention of the Froakie evolution's peculiar tongue.

Someone with the actual review copy who isn't obnoxiously leaking things (because they can't) said at the very least, that post was fake though.

bacon said:
It's worth noting that the other batch of rumours showcased on PokéBeach's front page a week ago made no mention of the Froakie evolution's peculiar tongue.

I was thinking it didn't mention it, but i was too lazy to check. Thanks for checking. :)

BTW, is your title a reference to a creepypasta?

mc81093 said:
ok not sure if anyone has seen these yet, but i came across this article the other day and i think these guys look pretty legit. the final froakie evolution even matches the description posted a few days ago, and i personally like this ones design alot better than the one thats shown in the screenshot. Froakie and Fennekin Evolutions

The images are from DA.

Maybe I´m just weird but I love the tongue/scarf thing, if this is not the real evolution hopefully the real one will have it too. I don’t understand the hate even if it is kind of disgusting. I think it’s awesome and it totally makes sense because, you know, it’s a frog.

If Greninja is real and Fennekin’s evolution is not as awesome as I think it will be, I’ll definitely choose Froakie as my starter.

I like Hawlucha. It definitely won’t be on my team but I like it, maybe an evolution will make it better.

I’m neutral about Binacle right now because the photo is not very clear, but if its face is just like I think I will hate it.

pDsSGrE.png

Greninja looks more of a Palpitoad family line then the water starters.

Now think about this very carefully. A person who wants to make a fake evo of the water starter most likely would use the bubbles in some manner on the final evo's body. In this case, we see a totaly different thing then what we expected. I'm not saying that it's real, but only gamefreak would **** with us like this. If this is real ... oh dear god, gamefreak you had an amazing pokemon comming up and you just ****ED it over with wtv you want to call it -_-'

The name still sounds COOL!

http://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1380508645549.jpg

It's real. Looks MUCH better at this angle, though.
Still not a fan of spiky head, but I can get used to it.
Tongue is still a pretty wacky idea, but I kinda like it.
I mean, no other frog pokemon really used it's tongue, and it's a very characteristic trait of the species.

It's okay, I guess. Could be much better (softer head design would help), but a closer look really works for me.

Haverok said:
http://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1380508645549.jpg

It's real. Looks MUCH better at this angle, though.
Still not a fan of spiky head, but I can get used to it.
Tongue is still a pretty wacky idea, but I kinda like it.
I mean, no other frog pokemon really used it's tongue, and it's a very characteristic trait of the species.

It's okay, I guess. Could be much better (softer head design would help), but a closer look really works for me.
That's not proof it's real, unfortunately. Fan art exists that looks exactly the same just flipped and minorly edited.

TokenDuelist said:
bacon said:

Someone with the actual review copy who isn't obnoxiously leaking things (because they can't) said at the very least, that post was fake though.

They can leak, it's just not appreciated by GameFreak, and there's strict rules that try to prevent them to leak. It happens every generation, people will leak, no matter how strict the rules are.

Hi, I just joined to point this out and have not seen it done yet, apologies if it has been. Everyone remember the previous leaker right? The one that claimed Trusk and the ghost spider. It also described Froakie's final evo as: having the dark blue overtaking the body, even darker blue spots that are nearly black, bulkier, and having the bubbles become larger and stretch down the back. Greninja however looks like the middle shade of Froakie's blues, there are white spots not black, the only bulky parts are the "knee warts" as I call them, and THE TONGUE oh THE TONGUE. I have heard the argument that it is licking the bubbles but this seems like something that the first leaker would have mentioned (granted this is minor,) the tongue is wrapped around the neck and does not show any signs of going down the back to get those nonexistent bubbles, and does no one think that wrapping the tongue like a scarf to lick the bubbles off is a but complicated and impractical as well as time consuming for an animation considering the length of B2/W2 animation loops? It would be more practical, believable, and true to the evo just to lick down each side. Last the sharp edges of the head looks out of place both on the Pokemon and in the whole line.

Now, I know that I just compared two unconfirmed sources but bear with me, there is a reason. So, obviously one set of rumors must be fake since they both claim one Pokemon looks two different ways. Obviously it is difficult to determine which based on the info WPM gave us, right? Not really, the first leaker gave WPM strong supporting evidence that prompted WPM to share the leak with us, whereas these new rumors were only posted because they were all over the internet. I don't know about everyone else, but I am inclined to believe the ones with strong supporting evidence.

RedGamer3 said:
Hi, I just joined to point this out and have not seen it done yet, apologies if it has been. Everyone remember the previous leaker right? The one that claimed Trusk and the ghost spider. It also described Froakie's final evo as: having the dark blue overtaking the body, even darker blue spots that are nearly black, bulkier, and having the bubbles become larger and stretch down the back. Greninja however looks like the middle shade of Froakie's blues, there are white spots not black, the only bulky parts are the "knee warts" as I call them, and THE TONGUE oh THE TONGUE. I have heard the argument that it is licking the bubbles but this seems like something that the first leaker would have mentioned (granted this is minor,) the tongue is wrapped around the neck and does not show any signs of going down the back to get those nonexistent bubbles, and does no one think that wrapping the tongue like a scarf to lick the bubbles off is a but complicated and impractical as well as time consuming for an animation considering the length of B2/W2 animation loops? It would be more practical, believable, and true to the evo just to lick down each side. Last the sharp edges of the head looks out of place both on the Pokemon and in the whole line.

Now, I know that I just compared two unconfirmed sources but bear with me, there is a reason. So, obviously one set of rumors must be fake since they both claim one Pokemon looks two different ways. Obviously it is difficult to determine which based on the info WPM gave us, right? Not really, the first leaker gave WPM strong supporting evidence that prompted WPM to share it with us, whereas these new rumors were only posted because they were all over the internet. I don't know about everyone else, but I am inclined to believe the ones with strong supporting evidence.

I'd like to know what evidence he gave WPM.

I know this isn't an argument either, but people with a review copy confirmed the leaks from a few days ago to be fake. Supposedly three of the rumors are somewhat true, just a good guess I think, the other were definitely fake.

SavvyJackal said:
Axell Starr said:
You and me both.

*Sits down next to you and joins the rocking*

This fanart makes me wonder...how can it fly!? :D
Pfff, Dragonite flies, and its wings are ridiculously small. XD

What fanart? all the picture is is text that says "4chan.org"

Can people please start saving then posting these pics they find. Im tired of pages of dead links, deleted threads and photos. It makes people have to go to other websites to find info.

garbodorable said:
I think people speculated that it wasn't a tongue or not a permanent fixture because they couldn't handle how bananas a tongue scarf is

That statement is more accurate than it should be.

Zielo said:
garbodorable said:
I think people speculated that it wasn't a tongue or not a permanent fixture because they couldn't handle how bananas a tongue scarf is

That statement is more accurate than it should be.

I couldn't have worded it better either.

I think the absurdity of a tongue scarf alone adds to it being less fake. Only GF could come up with such a twist, every fan created artwork would involve bubbles as if every single Pokemon always kept their trademark appearances through evolving.

godzilla41 said:
Greninja looks more of a Palpitoad family line then the water starters.

Now think about this very carefully. A person who wants to make a fake evo of the water starter most likely would use the bubbles in some manner on the final evo's body. In this case, we see a totaly different thing then what we expected. I'm not saying that it's real, but only gamefreak would **** with us like this. If this is real ... oh dear god, gamefreak you had an amazing pokemon comming up and you just ****ED it over with wtv you want to call it -_-'

The name still sounds COOL!

What if its just Seismatoads Mega Evo?

Pokewiz1999 said:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=171283149730370&set=a.148398262018859.1073741844.148121982046487&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

Could be the porcupine in the rumors despite the colors being off...

I think those rumors were confirmed fake.

Pokewiz1999 said:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=171288476396504&set=a.148398262018859.1073741844.148121982046487&type=1&ref=nf

Bringing more to the table.

It looks bulky and that's what im expecting.

TokenDuelist said:
TheKeaton said:
Honest opinion time:
I love Froakie to death. Maybe even my favorite or second favorite starter in terms of design (first being turtwig). But Greninja? Looks good. I only have one problem. If that think wrapped around him in his tongue and not a ninja-like scarf, there's no way in hell I can pick Froakie. That means I'd probably go for Chespin, but oh well. I'm still really hoping its not a tongue.

Also, what does the "gre" in "greninja" mean?

It comes from the french word for frog.

Just like Frogadier means Frog Grenadier
Greninja means Grenadier Ninja

No Frogidier is a combination of Frog and brigadier. a high ranking position in a millitary.

Squirrels said:
Chrono said:
#LurkersArePeopleToo

Hi im Sarah Mclachlan.. Will you be an angel to this poor Lurkers? Everyday Lurkers go on blog posts watching posts go on and on not know when to comment. They are crying out for help.

~IN OTHER NEWS~

Do people believe Hawlucha will have a pre-evolution/evolution?

What would it look like?

hahahahahahahaha nice. I think it might look more like a fighting bird or something.

Ohman177 said:
scuba steveE said:
Here's a new picture of Greninja in battle:
original.jpg

meh.

Holy shit is this for real? Is this really Froakie's final? All signs point to yes. I can't handle this.

Shampoo Thief said:
scuba steveE said:
Here's a new picture of Greninja in battle:
original.jpg

ugh that looks believable
I can't handle this

Where did you find the image?

edit: jeez this thread moves fast

It's confirmed fake. You can''t handle this? wow.

[private]Took out some spammy "^This"-type replies.
~Frezgle[/private]

Pokequaza said:
RedGamer3 said:

Now, I know that I just compared two unconfirmed sources but bear with me, there is a reason. So, obviously one set of rumors must be fake since they both claim one Pokemon looks two different ways. Obviously it is difficult to determine which based on the info WPM gave us, right? Not really, the first leaker gave WPM strong supporting evidence that prompted WPM to share it with us, whereas these new rumors were only posted because they were all over the internet. I don't know about everyone else, but I am inclined to believe the ones with strong supporting evidence.

I'd like to know what evidence he gave WPM.

I know this isn't an argument either, but people with a review copy confirmed the leaks from a few days ago to be fake. Supposedly three of the rumors are somewhat true, just a good guess I think, the other were definitely fake.

I agree, I would like to know the evidence, but WPM is not going to share it and I respect his decision. In the mean time, I am inclined to believe the previous leaks. If you could share the confirmation that some of the leaks were fake, I would appreciate it.

What I don't like about Gallantoad is that it turns Frogadier, a sleek, fast ninja to something that looks like a bulky, slow hitting fighter. Hate on Greninja all you want, but at least it keeps the ninja theme.
And to those complaining about the bubbles:

Oshawott and Dewott are bipedal otters, with light blue colors.
Samurott is a quadruped sea lion with a giant shell horn and dark blue colors.
The Chikorita line loses the leaf in the final evolution, and the leaf is replaced by stems.
Blaziken's only similarity with Combusken is color.

Need I continue?

Back