(1) Rumor: New Pokemon Greninja, Hawlucha, and Binacle Revealed? [9/29]

I kinda hope all those starter evos are fake. For a couple of reasons, (1) I don't want to see my starters final evo before the game is released :( (2) Their color palettes all seem off to me. Greninjas body is covered with a lighter blue than Frogadier, All of a sudden Braixen (who changed its arm color from yellow to white) now has red arms and is wearing a kimono!? And what happened to that stick? Seemed pretty important to Braixen! And last is Chesnaught. It's just too dramatic of a change! It goes from a cute little chubby hedgehog with green armor and all of a sudden when it evolves it looks like Quilladin got its arms and legs mummified and wrapped then it found a transformer suit and BAM you have chesnaught! Seriously though, chespin and quilladin have the same color pallette then it goes green armor to tan armor, brown fur to whitish brown fur, and dark brown patches of fur that all turned white! I feel Chesnaught would actually be good with a correct color scheme.

Has anyone mentioned this?

http://i.imgur.com/Jn4fr97.jpg

Venusaur has the Venusaurite.. So that means no seperate X and Y version for him.. Sorry guys!

Scrooge said:
LolzieCat said:
Ah, okay, it just seems a little weird to me that they would make a jump from military to ninja, but that's just my opinion. Thanks! :3

I am betting they are basing Frogadier off of Grenadier. Grendier is a french word, in would follow the same road as Greninja where they use a french word in his name.
Which would make it go more with the Ninja theme. Bu meaning grenade wielding soldier instead of military rank,

Ooooooohhhh, okay, it makes a lot more sense now :D

TheDunsparceKid said:
I kinda hope all those starter evos are fake. For a couple of reasons, (1) I don't want to see my starters final evo before the game is released :( (2) Their color palettes all seem off to me. Greninjas body is covered with a lighter blue than Frogadier, All of a sudden Braixen (who changed its arm color from yellow to white) now has red arms and is wearing a kimono!? And what happened to that stick? Seemed pretty important to Braixen! And last is Chesnaught. It's just too dramatic of a change! It goes from a cute little chubby hedgehog with green armor and all of a sudden when it evolves it looks like Quilladin got its arms and legs mummified and wrapped then it found a transformer suit and BAM you have chesnaught! Seriously though, chespin and quilladin have the same color pallette then it goes green armor to tan armor, brown fur to whitish brown fur, and dark brown patches of fur that all turned white! I feel Chesnaught would actually be good with a correct color scheme.

Sorry, but they are confirmed real. We have 3DS screenshots from quite a few sources.

TheDunsparceKid said:
You seem to have forgotten that when pokemon evolve they change appearance dramatically.

Fraxureking said:
TheDunsparceKid said:

Sorry, but they are confirmed real. We have 3DS screenshots from quite a few sources.

NOOO! :( is there any way for me to un-see them?

Chilias said:

Venusaur has the Venusaurite.. So that means no seperate X and Y version for him.. Sorry guys!

Not necessarily. Since Charizard X and Charizard Y are version exclusives, it could just be that they require the same item but mega evolve differently depending on the game. I hope this is the case, because I don't only want Charizard to get two mega evolutions. I WANT ANOTHER BLASTOISE.

EDIT: On a side note, here's a nifty image I found containing some of the newly discovered Pokemon:
1380835319325.png

And there's apparently this thing?
1380828679243.jpg

^Actually, the official site specifically says the items are called Charizardite X and Charizardite Y, just like Mewtwonite X and Mewtwonite Y...

Metalizard said:
^Actually, the official site specifically says the items are called Charizardite X and Charizardite Y, just like Mewtwonite X and Mewtwonite Y...

aw, dammit. Why does Charizard get two megas? He's not even that good!
QQ

So since Greninja has been confirmed and Chesnaught is revealed, here's what I think about them. along with what i think about what people are saying about Braixen's evolution. I haven't seen it yet and it's the only thing I don't want to see.

I'll start with Greninja. Personally, I still don't like him, though I don't hate him as much as when he first leaked. If his tongue really is part of just his animation, and he does indeed have bubbles, I hope it's a hood, or like a bubble ninja mask. It (in my opinion) would make his design so much better. One thing for sure is I don't think I'll get used to his robotic head anytime soon.

So...Chesnaught. He's cool, I really do like his design, and his theme as a chestnut stays present. He went from a chestnut seed > a chestnut on the tree > a fallen chestnut cracked open and exposing the thing inside. I also do like how they kept the colors of each stage to the current stage of the chestnut growth they are. Personally, I think it's more creative than many of you guys are giving it. Though...I do sense a bit of Conkeldurr in it.

So on Braixen's evolution, I like what I'm hearing. It sounds like it looks like what I imagine it to look like for the most part. I'm excited to see what it looks like after i get the game. :D Happy to have stayed Team Fenniken since day 1.

Axell Starr said:
So since Greninja has been confirmed and Chesnaught is revealed, here's what I think about them. along with what i think about what people are saying about Braixen's evolution. I haven't seen it yet and it's the only thing I don't want to see.

I'll start with Greninja. Personally, I still don't like him, though I don't hate him as much as when he first leaked. If his tongue really is part of just his animation, and he does indeed have bubbles, I hope it's a hood, or like a bubble ninja mask. It (in my opinion) would make his design so much better. One thing for sure is I don't think I'll get used to his robotic head anytime soon.

So...Chesnaught. He's cool, I really do like his design, and his theme as a chestnut stays present. He went from a chestnut seed > a chestnut on the tree > a fallen chestnut cracked open and exposing the thing inside. I also do like how they kept the colors of each stage to the current stage of the chestnut growth they are. Personally, I think it's more creative than many of you guys are giving it. Though...I do sense a bit of Conkeldurr in it.

So on Braixen's evolution, I like what I'm hearing. It sounds like it looks like what I imagine it to look like for the most part. I'm excited to see what it looks like after i get the game. :D Happy to have stayed Team Fenniken since day 1.

Greninja's tongue isn't just part of his animation, it pretty much just stays on all the time. I still don't understand why people are hung up on this bubble thing.

Edit: Wouldn't this be better in the "Leaked: Final Evolutions of x-y starters" thread?

Chezerony said:
Not necessarily. Since Charizard X and Charizard Y are version exclusives, it could just be that they require the same item but mega evolve differently depending on the game. I hope this is the case, because I don't only want Charizard to get two mega evolutions. I WANT ANOTHER BLASTOISE.

EDIT: On a side note, here's a nifty image I found containing some of the newly discovered Pokemon:
1380835319325.png

1380828679243.jpg

I was being careful not to see Braixen's evolution, so far so good. Anyway, Who is the rock fairy type, Bunnelby's abomination of an evolution (i like it because it's an abomination), the tiny dragon blob that looks like a rookie digimon, and Helioptile's evolution? I would like to know their names if i can.

Also, mega Gangar looks awesome, and I might actually use abamosnow now.

Schezo92 said:
Greninja's tongue isn't just part of his animation, it pretty much just stays on all the time. I still don't understand why people are hung up on this bubble thing.

I can wish, can't I? :p Also, I just think things are better with bubbles. Because bubbles are awesome.

Axell Starr said:
Schezo92 said:

I can wish, can't I? :p Also, I just think things are better with bubbles. Because bubbles are awesome.

You might like this Fan-art then
http://i.imgur.com/gPpVgpQ.png

Schezo92 said:
Axell Starr said:

You might like this Fan-art then
http://i.imgur.com/gPpVgpQ.png

^ AHAHAHHHAHAHAHA. Oh god. It looks better with anything but a tongue.

Chezerony said:
Chilias said:

1380835319325.png

1380828679243.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't Mega Gengar retain its Poison type when it Mega-evolves?

Chezerony said:
Chilias said:

1380835319325.png

1380828679243.jpg

I'm like "da heck is that?" (for the dragon blob)

Bioluxx said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't Mega Gengar retain its Poison type when it Mega-evolves?
Oh, that seems to be a mistake made by the creator of the image. Mega Gengar gets his poison replaced by physic, so ghost physic!

Back