(1) Rumor: New Pokemon Greninja, Hawlucha, and Binacle Revealed? [9/29]

RE: (1) Rumor: New Pokemon Greninja, Hawklucha, and Binacle Revealed? [9/29]

ArmyOfOneIX said:
"Greninja looks like this because its animation shows him licking of his bubbles with his tongue. His normal sprite would show him with his tongue retreated.
Case solved"

Thank you, as I didn't know the leaker gave info with the pictures.

Godot said:
Pokewiz1999 said:
Freedom of speech. Deal with it. I'll talk about the others if it makes you happy.

Hawlucha (Still can't remember that name have to look it up) is pretty nice looking. I think I'm the only one that thinks it looks sort of Indian, no offense of course.

I can see Binacle being the next Diglett but I have yet to figure out what his name is save "Barnacles." Help?

more like a luchador (a lucha libre wrestler, originally a mexican fighting tradition) + a hawk (But, American Indians did believe that hawks represent clear sightedness, being observant, our far memory and guardianship. They also bring courage, wisdom, illumination, creativity and truth.)

AdamLambert said:
And it's official. GameFreak has introduced the first Pokemon that I simply CANNOT STAND. Throughout every generation, I have never come across a Pokemon I disliked. That is until I came across the abomination known as Hawlucha. The name is a laugh. But even the name is better than the design. What the hell is that thing? The proportions are preposterous. Those legs are just... weird. I'll probably end up liking it eventually, but never in the history of Pokemon have I disliked a Pokemon this much. I don't understand why everyone is fangirling over it. Yes, you are entitled to an opinion, as am I. But damn that thing is bleh. I'm gonna go cuddle my Stunfisk now, and hope that Hawlucha is fake (Which, let's face it. It isn't)

coming from someone who likes Stunfisk, I cannot take this post seriously haha. Stunfisk is just scary looking.

STUNFISK IS ADERPABLE! :eek:

Hawlucha just looks like the result of the following equation:

1st Grader + crayons = Hawlucha

Oh and Binacle's name is probably derived from Bi/Binocular and Barnacle

Nathan Vrooman said:
So is this the same leaker who said there are only 70 new pokemon and hardly any end game content except capturing mewtwo? Because I care alot more about that then all this petty arguing on who does and doesn't like greninja. If this is legit I'm far more concerned on a lack of pokemon.

That would be extremely disappointing considering that 44 Pokemon (if you count the starters final evo's) are already known to exist.

ArmyOfOneIX said:
"Greninja looks like this because its animation shows him licking of his bubbles with his tongue. His normal sprite would show him with his tongue retreated.
Case solved"

I say if this were true, they should have posted that instead, instead with it's tongue hanging out like that. Also, if they really had the game, they're legally binded not to say anything, or they get in lots of trouble. I suspect losing their job is a consequence that will happen when the leaker is caught my GF, if they haven't been caught already.

AdamLambert said:
SquirtleSquirtle said:
Calm your apple juice, its not official just yet but if it was I'd agree with you

*calms apple juice* Fine. My apple juice is calm. But I'm not happy about it. I highly doubt it's fake, which is why I'm so upset. I'll get over it though.

In other news, I'm indifferent towards Greninja. I'm choosing Fennekin regardless. But honestly, Greninja's design doesn't bug me at all.

Binacle PLEASE BE REAL
Abomination. What do you expect from a flying/fighting type? Its suppose to look humanoid. The coloration blends well together and the point of it being based of a Luchador. Luchadores have extravegent designs and concepts to their costumes. I've actually seen a hawk like Luchador before. He cape was attached to his arms like wings. That being said, this thing would be a bad @$$ in competive play. Especially if it has High speed and Attack. 8 Strengths, 4 Resistances, 5 Weakness (Only 3 of which will be common: Fairy, Psychic, Electric) Ground Immunity, Double Resistance to Bug and Stealth Rock doing normal damage. Sup OU

TartarusIncarnate said:
Frogadier began to have more of a prominent dark blue coloring then it just vanishes. The Yellow eyes are gone. The two white dots on its nose are gone as well.
You mean like how Charmeleon becomes dark red and then reverts back to orange? You mean like how every member of Chikorita's line is a different color?
Even it was going to focus on the tongue, Sugimori would have don't that from the start.
The thing is, Gamefreak and Sugimori normally keeps to trademarks or designs that keep the point unique throught evolution. The tongue was never part of the Froakie line design and putting it in at the end seems out of place, don't you think? The whole about the Froakie was the collection of bubbles along its neck, which it retain through evolution. Most Pokemon don't lose their trademark designs during evolution unless there is some quirk about the latter's designs.
Blastoise suddenly gains cannons. That is the definition of out of place. There was nothing remotely hinting at fudging cannons in Squirtle and Wartortle. A frog with a long tongue incorporated in its design is much more believable than fudging shell cannons. Chikorita is a great example of losing a "trademark". Notice how Chikorita and Bayleef prominently have a leaf on their head, only to have it replaced by antennae when it becomes Meganium.

TartarusIncarnate said:
AdamLambert said:
*calms apple juice* Fine. My apple juice is calm. But I'm not happy about it. I highly doubt it's fake, which is why I'm so upset. I'll get over it though.

In other news, I'm indifferent towards Greninja. I'm choosing Fennekin regardless. But honestly, Greninja's design doesn't bug me at all.

Binacle PLEASE BE REAL
Abomination. What do you expect from a flying/fighting type? Its suppose to look humanoid. The coloration blends well together and the point of it being based of a Luchador. Luchadores have extravegent designs and concepts to their costumes. I've actually seen a hawk like Luchador before. He cape was attached to his arms like wings. That being said, this thing would be a bad @$$ in competive play. Especially if it has High speed and Attack. 8 Strengths, 4 Resistances, 5 Weakness (Only 3 of which will be common: Fairy, Psychic, Electric) Ground Immunity, Double Resistance to Bug and Stealth Rock doing normal damage. Sup OU

What do I expect from a Flying/Fighting? Actually that is a good question. I'd expect Braviary or Staraptor. Not some... Hawlucha... I'd honestly prefer a boxing glove with wings over this thing

All this reminds me of good ol' Wottergate. The Unova final evolutions leaked on 4chan and everyone went insane, calling them out for poor design, lack of flow between all evoltionary stages, blahblahblah. Soon after, they get officially revealed, and no one seemed to mention anything again ;)

AdamLambert said:
TartarusIncarnate said:

What do I expect from a Flying/Fighting? Actually that is a good question. I'd expect Braviary or Staraptor. Not some... Hawlucha... I'd honestly prefer a boxing glove with wings over this thing
Honestly, a Luchador inspired pokemon makes the most sense for a fighting/flying. Yes, Staraptor and Braviary are "fighting birds", but they fight using only aerial techniques. A Luchador brings to mind a Mexican wrestler jumping off the posts of the rings to do a bodyslam from above, then wrestling, which is the perfect combination of using aerial tactics with physical fighting skills. Sorry, but I'll have to agree with TartarusIncarnate here.

Why everybody are so sure that frog is the final evolution of Froakie ?
The user who posted its image named Crafty never said that. In addition he posted 2 other fake Pokemon no one trust they are real.
So that frog might be real but even so why are you so sure its Frokies final evolution ?

Rusty Sticks said:
All this reminds me of good ol' Wottergate. The Unova final evolutions leaked on 4chan and everyone went insane, calling them out for poor design, lack of flow between all evoltionary stages, blahblahblah. Soon after, they get officially revealed, and no one seemed to mention anything again ;)

Personally, the only one that I thought had a bad design was Emboar. Then i learned that the Snivy line had European influences, Oshawott's had a Japanese influence, and self-cooking bacon had a Chinese influence. I liked all 3 after hearing that.

Cinesra said:
TartarusIncarnate said:
The thing is, Gamefreak and Sugimori normally keeps to trademarks or designs that keep the point unique throught evolution. The tongue was never part of the Froakie line design and putting it in at the end seems out of place, don't you think? The whole about the Froakie was the collection of bubbles along its neck, which it retain through evolution. Most Pokemon don't lose their trademark designs during evolution unless there is some quirk about the latter's designs.
Blastoise suddenly gains cannons. That is the definition of out of place. There was nothing remotely hinting at fricking cannons in Squirtle and Wartortle. A frog with a long tongue incorporated in its design is much more believable than fricking shell cannons.

I think the best example of this is still Oshawott. After all, it went Otter Clown > Taller Otter > BAM SEA LION WITH A HAT AND BEARD

In non starters, I'd think the best example would have to be Remoraid becoming Octillery. Because a fish that evolves into an octopus makes perfect sense when connected through the theme of 'gun', right?

Tatertot said:
AdamLambert said:
Honestly, a Luchador inspired pokemon makes the most sense for a fighting/flying. Yes, Staraptor and Braviary are "fighting birds", but they fight using only aerial techniques. A Luchador brings to mind a Mexican wrestler jumping off the posts of the rings to do a bodyslam from above, then wrestling, which is the perfect combination of using aerial tactics with physical fighting skills. Sorry, but I'll have to agree with TartarusIncarnate here.

I honestly have no problem with a luchador inspiration, but this just looks so poorly executed. The design is just so... awkward

scattered mind said:
The user who posted its image named Crafty never said that. In addition he posted 2 other fake Pokemon no one trust they are real.
So that frog might be real but even so why are you so sure its Froakie's final evolution ?
He isn't the original source. Greninja was posted to /vp/ before Crafty found them. This has been circling the internet before he got to him, he was just the first person to post them on pb.

I made an account for the sole purpose of posting on this thread, so hello everybody!

In any case, I dislike Greninja. I hope, like has been said, that this was just an unfortunate screenshot taken at the wrong time in the animation, and normally the tongue is not out like that and Greninja has a bubble scarf, because right now the tongue scarf looks absurd. But even so, I still dislike it a lot. It looks off-balanced to me and bodily unproportionate. Some things like the legs seem so exaggerated to me, like a little kid drew them. (But then, that's what I've thought of about 90% of this generation's designs, so that's nothing new...) I hope this evolution is fake, honestly.

As for Hawlucha or whatever it's called. It's neat. I'm glad we're getting a Fighting/Flying type. Now we just need a Fairy/Flying type, so that Flying gets paired with every type. It annoys me to just have one exception, hehe.
I thought Binarcle was hideous at first, but it's grown on me a little. It's certainly more cartoonish, but also more unique than most Pokemon. The only thing that upsets me now about it is that this probably means Corsola is getting the shaft again this generation, as with another coral Pokemon to compete for attention Corsola will be more prone to obscurity than ever.

I loved the Braixen evolution fake. I hope the real thing turns out just as cool.

I don't think I'll ever like Greninja if it's legitimate. People always say "it'll grow on you" but I don't feel that's always accurate. I thought Chespin was hideous when it first came out. I still feel exactly the same way, and in fact I hate it ten times more than I did back then because of its even more atrocious evolution. (No offense to any Quilladin/Chespin fans, but that's how I feel about it.)

Cinesra said:
TartarusIncarnate said:
Frogadier began to have more of a prominent dark blue coloring then it just vanishes. The Yellow eyes are gone. The two white dots on its nose are gone as well.
You mean like how Charmeleon becomes dark red and then reverts back to orange? You mean like how every member of Chikorita's line is a different color?
Even it was going to focus on the tongue, Sugimori would have don't that from the start.
Blastoise suddenly gains cannons. That is the definition of out of place. There was nothing remotely hinting at fricking cannons in Squirtle and Wartortle. A frog with a long tongue incorporated in its design is much more believable than fricking shell cannons. Chikorita is a great example of losing a "trademark". Notice how Chikorita and Bayleef prominently have a leaf on their head, only to have it replaced by antennae when it becomes Meganium.
Remember I said Most, not all. There are exceptions. However Chikorita had two trademarks about it. Its seed-like necklace that turn into buds, then blossomed into a flower. The Leaf may had withered away. When it was a Chikorita the leaf upon its head looked green and healthy, upon evolution, it lost its healthy sheen and even seems to be broken. Therefore, it couldn't function as properly as before (photosyntheis, light collection, etc). Upon evolution the flower blossomed and was evolutionary beneficial and lost its leaf. That is my speculation.

I have no sepeculation for Blastoise. I never understood the cannons, at all. Which was why I picked Charizard over Blastoise lol

scattered mind said:
So that frog might be real but even so why are you so sure its Frokies final evolution ?

What do you mean 'everybody'? I'm insisting it's fake. :p

TartarusIncarnate said:
Abomination. What do you expect from a flying/fighting type?

That being said, this thing would be a bad @$$ in competive play. Especially if it has High speed and Attack. 8 Strengths, 4 Resistances, 5 Weakness (Only 3 of which will be common: Fairy, Psychic, Electric) Ground Immunity, Double Resistance to Bug and Stealth Rock doing normal damage. Sup OU

I would expect it to look a little less humanoid. not all look humanoid. There's the Musketeer Trio + Keldeo, Tepig's evolutions (they're bipedal, but not humanoid to me), The meinfoo line, and Heracross.

Also, I think before placing a pokemon in a tier, it'd be better to wait to see it's stats. The thing could have low stats and be very frail for all we know.

TartarusIncarnate said:
Cinesra said:
Blastoise suddenly gains cannons. That is the definition of out of place. There was nothing remotely hinting at fricking cannons in Squirtle and Wartortle. A frog with a long tongue incorporated in its design is much more believable than fricking shell cannons. Chikorita is a great example of losing a "trademark". Notice how Chikorita and Bayleef prominently have a leaf on their head, only to have it replaced by antennae when it becomes Meganium.
Remember I said Most, not all. There are exceptions. However Chikorita had two trademarks about it. Its seed-like necklace that turn into buds, then blossomed into a flower. The Leaf may had withered away. When it was a Chikorita the leaf upon its head looked green and healthy, upon evolution, it lost its healthy sheen and even seems to be broken. Therefore, it couldn't function as properly as before (photosyntheis, light collection, etc). Upon evolution the flower blossomed and was evolutionary beneficial and lost its leaf. That is my speculation.

I have no sepeculation for Blastoise. I never understood the cannons, at all. Which was why I picked Charizard over Blastoise lol
That's a really good explanation for Chikorita, I like that a lot. Froakie's bubble scarf only got bigger when he evolved, therefore it would seem weird for it to all of a sudden vanish (this is why the theory of the bubbles being from Froakie's egg and slipping away as it got older doesn't work).

jstar21 said:
ArmyOfOneIX said:
Case solved"

Thank you, as I didn't know the leaker gave info with the pictures.

Sorry to disappoint you but you mistook that. That quote is from someone making a guess about it. It's not from the original poster.

Back