(1) Rumor: New Pokemon Greninja, Hawlucha, and Binacle Revealed? [9/29]

Meh I don't really care for any of the leaked Pokemon but I won't be upset either if they turn out to be real. My thinking is if they turn out to be true, there is no use crying over them because it is out of your control. It is GameFreak's game, so if they what these critters there is nothing stopping them from puting these in their game :p

GDK said:
I wouldn't mind if the pictures were real even if binacle seems super flat for a 3D model (seriously AM I the only one who feels like it's a 2D sprite there ?)

No, you're not the only one. Was thinking they looked a little flat but thought it was my imagination. If they are sprites and not models, why are they not models? Also, Binacle's overlapping with the box abouve it seems fishy to me.

Honestly see if these turn out to be real then it seems gamefreak ran out of ideas. The sprits look dead unpokemon and more well fake

Guys, just letting you know that when Greninja is confirmed, I'll be coming back here to say that I was right. :p

WitherSnow said:
Personaly. I don't really like all 3. Greninja as a pokemon is ok but not as a frogidier evo.
The others are meh.
But Spammy has me curious. What are in those pokeballs?

Do you mean all three Pokemon this thread is based upon, or all three Froakie "evolutions"?

Ka$h Money said:
nightkeeper said:
Sorry, but saying "It is real" isn't gonna convince anyone that it is more real :p It isn't real until GameFreak confirms it or until release. So get over it.

I hope it's real just so I can watch the meltdown you would have.

This isn't even an exaggeration, either. I would literally lose my fricking marbles, and would have to switch starters. Not a huge deal since I like Fennekin, but this would be the first generation I wouldn't use all three starters in a different playthrough, just cause I hate Greninja THAT much.

Pokewiz1999 said:
Whitefire said:
Ririka said:
In response to your expectation (and most people expectation), probably this image fits the description? :p

O73LfYF.jpg

Found this earlier, it's a fake though it brings another fresh way to look/compare Froakie's final evo, rather than comparing Greninja to Gallantoad again and again

Still preferring Gallantoad. And lets call this guy Frogue shall we?

Gallantoad, Frogue and Greninja it is. I see Frogue being the actual name of Froakie's final evolution though...

Sharkopath said:
Guys, just letting you know that when Greninja is confirmed, I'll be coming back here to say that I was right. :p

And when the actual starter is released, I won't come back here because this thread will officially be useless. But I'll try to send my "told you so" over to ya via telepathy.

Well, I see it this way:

If it's, confirmed, the people (like I) will be over it and have moved on and you guys will be happy. :)
If it's proven false, ones that think it's fake like I will be happy and you guys will move on.

So it doesn't really matter what happens really. Someone's gonna be happy about it. :D

nightkeeper said:
Sharkopath said:

And when the actual starter is released, I won't come back here because this thread will officially be useless. But I'll try to send my "told you so" over to ya via telepathy.

I like you a lot and I would freak out as well.

I could be wrong, and I usually am with this stuff, but here are some things I saw that don't agree with me:
2i7wsur.jpg

rwv0vr.jpg

qozxtt.jpg

2wfsmxi.jpg
I realize that the green glow could be caused by the greyed out button (presumably that way because it was pressed).

Sharkopath said:
Can people please stop denying Greninja? It is real. Get over it now. The more you guys try to make it look fake, the more convincing it is that it is real.

I hate to quote the same thing twice, but since my original reply is at the bottom of a couple pages back w/e.

Remember after B/W were released, and WPM was sent the cease and desist letter about posting pictures of game footage?

If Greninja is real, then wouldn't GF actually be doing something?
Since people who received review copies of X/Y were expressely told not to reveal anything about the Starter evos, then a picture of one going across the internet is sure to capture their attention, and from the way they acted with the B/W images - pictures of a released game apparently not being something they'd want.
However we haven't received any word from them about Greninja.
Since they specifically mentioned not to reveal anything about the starter evolutions, and since someone who leaked it could get in serious hot water - legal action wouldn't be a surprise at all.

GameFreak/Nintendo surely wouldn't be keeping this quiet about a starter evo being leaked this early, would they?
Just sayin'.

P.DelSlayer said:
GameFreak/Nintendo surely wouldn't be keeping this quiet about a starter evo being leaked this early, would they?
Just sayin'.

By responding at all they would be tipping their hand one way or the other in regards to the legitimacy of the "reveals".

They will keep quiet until the release, or until they do a reveal of their own.

Sharkopath said:
Can people please stop denying Greninja? It is real. Get over it now. The more you guys try to make it look fake, the more convincing it is that it is real.

Right now for us, greninja is a shoedinger's cat. it's real (since it's something) and fake (cause it's not confirmed and there's very little evidence) at the same time. For GF, on the other hand, it's only one of them. So you should get over it.

P.DelSlayer said:
Sharkopath said:

I hate to quote the same thing twice, but since my original reply is at the bottom of a couple pages back w/e.

Remember after B/W were released, and WPM was sent the cease and desist letter about posting pictures of game footage?

Since people who received review copies of X/Y were expressely told not to reveal anything about the Starter evos, then a picture of one going across the internet is sure to capture their attention, and from the way they acted with the B/W images - pictures of a released game apparently not being something they'd want.
Since they specifically mentioned not to reveal anything about the starter evolutions, and since someone who leaked it could get in serious hot water - legal action wouldn't be a surprise at all.

Just sayin'.

Well, they could be, for once, being smart and letting the rumor collapse on itself. A cease-and-desist notice is as good as saying: "yes, this is froakie's evolution"

For the record, this is not an argument about greninja being real, I don't like froakie, and even I had to admit frogadier looked pretty cool, but greninja is... just, no. It gets a super thick and long tongue from out of nowhere, and it just ditches the bubbles. just like that, no transition whatsoever. And it's design is too sharp, at least from what we saw so far.

P.DelSlayer said:
Sharkopath said:

Just sayin'.

GameFreak loves to play things pretty close to the chest. They don't want such a big reveal coming out two weeks pre-release. It is common to see testers and reviewers go back on their contracts which is a big no-no, but what are you going to do. Alongside with this argument and the argument that Hawlucha looks like a Fakemon, I would assume fake until proven real. There will be more information put out tomorrow with the airing of the Pokemon: Origins anime special. I guarantee it won't be starter information, but it may shed some light on pre-released screenshots circulating the internet. If the Greninja picture is real, GameFreak may have begun to demand it be taken down, we don't know.

Spammy said:
I could be wrong, and I usually am with this stuff, but here are some things I saw that don't agree with me:
2i7wsur.jpg

rwv0vr.jpg

qozxtt.jpg

2wfsmxi.jpg
I realize that the green glow could be caused by the greyed out button (presumably that way because it was pressed).

1) I like your comment on the bad model.

2) On the pictures with the different buttons with the blue background. They seem to be the same screen, so why are buttons different and changed? It seems odd to me and appears like it could an editing oversight that's too late to correct. It can be argued there's a scroll bar off to the side, but since you can't tell because the side is cut off, either is a valid statement.

With Binacle...doesn't its faces look like the faces of some of the Angry Birds? Don't know if that was brought up before or if I'm just crazy(completely possible, btw) but that's what the faces look like to me.

edit: Grammar

All of you posting that this is real, where on earth is your proof? Seriously, i really don't see this being real, even though i will never user Froakie (Chespin forever), i still neglect to this design, look at the shape of the head, it looks like an origami frog, its ugly, and i doubt Nintendo would draw such a pathetic design.

Well really I've been reading almost all these posts, but really I don't have a problem with these Pokemon, the concepts are cool and I kinda think Binacle is really cute the more I look at it. The tongue on Greninja is unusual but then again this would be coming from the same company that gave us a bird in a skull nappy, so really It's not that strange it you think about it. But who knows they may or may not be fakes

Spammy said:
2i7wsur.jpg

rwv0vr.jpg

qozxtt.jpg

2wfsmxi.jpg

It's not that the model is bad, its that the animation for wing movement is just wonky due to the design. The feathers are more like tassels on Hawlucha. Unless you expect them to be completely ridged, they are going to have a movement to them during flight.

The second part may have more to do with whether or not the Pokemon is caught. With Hawlucha there is an icon for routes and what looks like size. Something attainable after capture. The Binacle only has cry signifying it hasn't been caught yet.

Rhyz said:
Spammy said:
2i7wsur.jpg

rwv0vr.jpg

qozxtt.jpg

2wfsmxi.jpg

It's not that the model is bad, its that the animation for wing movement is just wonky due to the design. The feathers are more like tassels on Hawlucha. Unless you expect them to be completely ridged, they are going to have a movement to them during flight.

The second part may have more to do with whether or not the Pokemon is caught. With Hawlucha there is an icon for routes and what looks like size. Something attainable after capture. The Binacle only has cry signifying it hasn't been caught yet.

But the cry icon looks different too so that's weird.
Not to mention the fact that it look so 2D and not 3D model.
Also for hawkycha we know the buttons are legit since the pokedex menu has been shown before.

Re: RE: (1) Rumor: New Pokemon Greninja, Hawlucha, and Binacle Revealed? [9/29]

P.DelSlayer said:
Sharkopath said:

Just sayin'.

I actually agree 100% with this! As genuine as I thought it was, this is the biggest thing the picture has against it!

To anyone still arguing about the bubbles:

140px-179Mareep.png

Its fluffy coat swells to double when static electricity builds up. Touching it can be shocking.
Species: Wool Pokémon
135px-180Flaaffy.png

Its fluffy fleece easily stores electricity. Its rubbery hide keeps it from being electrocuted.
Species: Wool Pokémon
200px-181Ampharos.png

The bright light on its tail can be seen far away. It has been treasured since ancient times as a beacon.
Species: Light Pokémon

They focused on the wool for Mareep and Flaaffy, then it evolves into Ampharos, with a focus on light. So it's not entirely unreasonable for Greninja to ditch the bubbles.

An argument why it's real: If Nintendo sent in a cease and desist order, or said something about it, it's pretty much saying: "hey guys this is real, k bye"

Here's something from a guy at Gamespot said:
I am really, really heavily leaning towards real. Not saying that it is definitely real, but I just don't see any reason to believe it's totally fake.

First, Greninja does not resemble Froakie and Frogadier too much, and this is why I'm more convinced it's real. Every other fake evo we've seen had always tried to keep a similar appearance to the previous forms. All of the other fake Froakie evos had one constant: the bubbles. Greninja, however, does not have these. Since nobody can really predict what the final form will look like, previous fakes took the safe route and kept the bubbles. The bubbles were such a prominent feature of Froakie and Frogadier that it didn't cross anyone's mind that the final stage would lack them. If Greninja was fake, then why would the faker decide to drop the one feature that was so prominent in the previous forms?

All of that could have just been a random choice by the faker, I'll give you that. But the other thing that convinces me is Extrasensory. Mostly everyone is expecting for Frogadier to become a Water/Fighting type, and Extrasensory is certainly not a move that anyone would expect from it. Aside from the obvious of Extrasensory being a Psychic type move, what's even weirder is, why Extrasensory? Extrasensory is not a particularly outstanding move. If a faker wanted to give a supposed Water/Fighting type a Psychic move, they probably wouldn't go for Extrasensory of all things. It would make more sense to go with Psychic, as it could easily just passed off as being from a TM. But Extrasensory is a move that has to be learned through level up.

Another thing about Extrasensory is that it was shown with only 20 PP as opposed to 30. I would think that a faker would want to do their research on moves before trying to make a convincing fake. To include a relatively obscure move on a Pokemon that nobody would expect to have it, and to show a visible PP nerf...it just seems too random of a choice to have just been a random decision on the faker's part.

I think it's real.

Back