(1) Shiny Entei, Suicune, and Raikou Promos in Fall 2010 Tins [5/21]

Love the tins, love the artowrk but the attacks are horrible. I think i'm going to get all of them just because the tins and artwork.

Suicune could be playable with Ampharos PL, Absol Prime/Skarmory FB, Crobat G and Miasma Valley in a Minefield Power-stopping strategy...
Although I would have enjoyed a Gengar Prime/Absol Prime/Magnezone Prime Tin set. The best promo that we have had was Claydol GE or Uxie League Promo, although the best tin promo would be Garchomp C Lv.X!

For those people who dislike them, be happy that we're not getting those Legendary Bird tins and the wave of tins with the Ho-Oh ex again. At least these are somewhat playable.
Note that I said somewhat.

Pokefan4000 said:
For those people who dislike them, be happy that we're not getting those Legendary Bird tins and the wave of tins with the Ho-Oh ex again. At least these are somewhat playable.
Note that I said somewhat.

I think these are pretty much the epitome of not playable cards. The suicune is the only one that has any chance at all, and that's only because of rain dance's ridiculous awesomeness.

The cards themselves look pretty cool, though they may not be the most playable. Luckily, at least for me, I'm just a collector ;). so I will definently be getting one of each.

Seriously though, I do wonder if we're gonna get the original artwork cards of the shiny beasts, not to mention the shiny versions of Ho-oh and Lugia. Maybe the original five cards are going to be in our August/September release of HS...

amisheskimoninja said:
I think these are pretty much the epitome of not playable cards. The suicune is the only one that has any chance at all, and that's only because of rain dance's ridiculous awesomeness.
These are by no means completely unplayable. Remember that time where we could get Tyranitar ex, Armaldo ex, and Ho-oh ex in tins? At the time, those were unplayable, and they still are.

These aren't the best tin promos we've gotten, but they are by NO MEANS the worst.

I saw Shiny Dogs in the title and thought: OMG! THEY'VE ANNOUCED THE GIVEAWAY IN THE US!

But no... It's just the horrible promo cards... Yuck...

Give me the Legend versions ANY DAY!

As did I. I hope they do give them away but probably not. Who knows. On topic, I hope we get the shiny Lugia and Ho oh cards aswell. I love me some shiny cards!

ogeray said:
these tins shouldve came out with unleashed.
the promos suck like usual. have we ever gotten playable promos?
suicune actually seems like the most playable out of the three. good for spread decks like feraligatr
promocroak

Pokefan4000 said:
These are by no means completely unplayable. Remember that time where we could get Tyranitar ex, Armaldo ex, and Ho-oh ex in tins? At the time, those were unplayable, and they still are.

These aren't the best tin promos we've gotten, but they are by NO MEANS the worst.

I didn't say they were the worst, I said they were unplayable in this format. The energy costs are too high, and the attacks aren't good enough. As far as the worst tin promos, I would have to vote for chimchar, turtwig, and piplup.

strg9 said:
promocroak
Promogon-Z, anyone? It´s my favourite card thought it gets power locked or smashed down by Donphan in the current format.

But it´s true that there isn´t too many good promo-exclusive cards.

Meh, I wanted a Magnezone Prime tin. If I buy a tin it´s because I want good cards (like Feraligatr Prime). I don´t care that much about collecting cards. I just want to make good decks. Suicune would be playable if there wasn´t a certain Nidoqueen from Rising Rivals.

I would get the Entei tin for sure because in my HeartGold game, out of the two roaming legendary dogs, Entei is the one that comes to me most often.

I'd also get Entei due to video-game related reasons. He was the first legendary I ever caught without a Master-Ball. I do agree thought that the cards don't look like they'll play so well. Probably the most potential they have is to be used as a coaster for drinks. I'm sure someone will find a creative way to use them, though.

This is horrible

I thought the tins were always supposed to have Lv Xs or Primes in them. So that collectors with bad luck can still have a hefty collection of such rare cards.

But PROMOS?!

Seriously, PUSA? Go back to putting GOOD cards in tins, you morons! UGH!

I gotta say I liek the card art. I'm probubly getting the tins just for collection reasons.

Back