(1) Six More Cards from 'Black and White Boys and Girls Kits' [10/15]

re: Holo Borders
Yes, they are just like that. The image is pretty much spot on accurate as to how the holo looks going on the CM that was posted on Pokemon-Card.com - going on the stock artwork for the Girls kit, Pokabu/Tsutaaja/Mijumaru also will be in the same holo. Possibly only for the girls kit, though. A lot is still unclear with regards to that. Regardless, they're pretty sparkly. It's likely this is just a special holo, though (not talking just the borders, that holo is the background holo as well.) Since we don't get main set cards until December in Japan, we won't know for sure.

re: Evolution Box Art
They're Sugimori artwork, not a 3D render. It's more that the preview images are a bit on the tiny side so it makes them look awkward. Compression has that effect. I'd honestly be surprised if they changed something they've been doing since 1995/6 in design since it's sort of a tradition.

I also highly doubt these will make it to the english side of things. Going on previous track records for specialized sets like this (Intro Pack/Neo Intro Pack etc.) which have your silhouette starters on the card for specific deck symbols within the sub-set. It'll be interesting to see how they'd do it, if they did bring them across.

Metalizard said:
Did anyone noticed they are increasing the HP for Pokémon once again? 150 HP for a normal Stage 2? Pokémon ex look crudpy compared to this...

I agree. I saw this too and noticed that past Starter Stage 2s never had this high of HP...0_o

Anyway, the artwork is alright but I'm disappointed the cards are still pretty much bad. I mean, I guess they could be used in some strange fun deck, but I just can't see these cards sweeping States...

dmaster out.

Yeah... Emby is pretty much equal, if not surpassing Typhlo Prime in terms of raw POWAH. That doesn't seem right.

I think the Fire Pig can be good. 150 damage as well as 150 HP is great.

Being a fire pokemon it can utilize the Ninetales Typhlosion combo. Because your using DCE with it, you would only lose 2 fire energy. Thats simple enough to gain back. Heatran works fine as long as its not power sprayed.

I just noticed next to the HP, it has stripes according to it's stage. I might be wrong but, if it is Basic it has one if it is Stage 1 it has two stripes and if it is Stage two (like Jaroda, Enbuoh and Daikenki) it will have three.

Back