(1) Stormfront Gengar Revealed! [10/13]

It will fit it a Ghost deck perfectly. If used at the right time it can do a lot of damage to your opponent.:)

Lou Cypher said:
Aw man, they horribly renamed Death Sentence.

Yeah, that was predictable because there's children playing this game and PUSA needs to censure words like "Death". Besides, it censures all great names for attacks, Poke Powers and Poke Bodys.

And no retreat cost..okay :p
Needs a max of one P and one C energy
Has a decent HP
Nasty bugger poke-power
Nasty anti poke-power attack
Nasty gotta play away all my trainers or i'm dead meat attack
Weakness and resistance are casual

man this card is good, and as heavenly spoon said: way better for stalling then jumpluff

Gengar will need to be played around carefully, but his second attack is crud. If you see your opponent runs Gengar, you can play around that. Shadow Room is annoying but workable (Just stop relying on Claydol so much).
His power is funky, but in the end, can be played around by letting near-dead pokes take the final hit, though its not easy to do. That, and if he gets knocked out by Burn/Poison/Damage Counters, he's dead without doing anything.

randomman29 said:
It's not that great since an Absol can kill it with one energy.

and how exactly will absol do that?
40(base damage on the turn it was placed)+30(gengar weakness)+... pluspower or buck well you need 1 buck and 3 pluspowers or 4 pluspowers.

exept you mean with bsol discarding attack, ya know discard gengar from your hand, well in that way, absol kills evrything

Lou Cypher said:
Gengar will need to be played around carefully, but his second attack is crud. If you see your opponent runs Gengar, you can play around that. Shadow Room is annoying but workable (Just stop relying on Claydol so much).
His power is funky, but in the end, can be played around by letting near-dead pokes take the final hit, though its not easy to do. That, and if he gets knocked out by Burn/Poison/Damage Counters, he's dead without doing anything.
Exactly. All in all, gengar looks amazing on paper, but its quite easy to play around. The power is the only threat. However, atm, the power doesn't even work, it it only results in gengar killing itself again....lol.

Seems like another good reason to run Devoluters! If you enough damage to KO Haunter, then play a Devoluter, the Poképower wouldn't actually take effect, would it?

I hate this card -.-

Devolutor is a way to counter this guy, but IMO Glaceon Lv.X will be better now, it's great against Dusknoir/Gengar Decks and it blocks Claydol, too =)

OMG O_O

This card is so broken. Seriously. Gengar would knocked out, and *doink* YOU'RE knocked out? That's just not right. I don't know how this card is going to be played around.

SuicidalPikachu said:
Gengar is sooo sick. first attack +aerodactyl= claydol sodomy. 2nd attack does some much needed pure Damage we don't see in big snipers. power is broken too. I expect this to be the counter to Machamp donk deck. Not gonna be as broken as GG, but it will be big.

Indeed. Correct, 20+60=80.

How about Frosslass with this, they seem pretty big for bench sniping.

Something I just thought about, Gengar SF+ Dusknoir DP= Broken damage.... Maybe. :p

MylesPrower said:
OMG O_O

This card is so broken. Seriously. Gengar would knocked out, and *doink* YOU'RE knocked out? That's just not right. I don't know how this card is going to be played around.

Luckily it takes a coin flip in order to succeed. It can be played around by using special conditions to knock it out, such as heatran lv x + magmortar lv x. I like to use Gliscor lv x. Devoluter (TM-TS2) was mentioned as well, and that can work.

If you're going to actually play Gengar, I'd combo it with unown G. Personally, I'd also use frosslass like was mentioned earlier and maybe starmie. Maybe even cresselia lv. x.

But Gengar with unown G is pretty sick.

I think it will be hard to make any decks liek there was jumpluff+shedinja+fossils, since fossils cost prices now

but anyways gengar, I liek!

Back