(1) Supposed English Names of 'CoroCoro' Pokemon [5/13]

Water Pokémon Master said:
D.N.A said:
When did you receive this information about the English names, WPM? Maybe I read it wrong, but you said you received the info quite a while ago, so wouldn't the fact that he gave you names that relate to these Pokemon at all point out that your source is telling the truth...?

He started to give me information in February. He has sent me other information since then. He gave me these names after CoroCoro leaked (and some other Pokemon that haven't been revealed yet).

Ah gotcha. Do you know perchance if he was holding off, or only just found out the names?

Gogoat: This Goat goes places, and slow.

Panchum: This Panda is your chum.

Fletchling: From Fledgling, even though it's clearly based on an adult.

Helioptile: Hellicopter reptile? What about that screams Electric/Normal to you?

Blob55 said:
Helioptile: Hellicopter reptile? What about that screams Electric/Normal to you?

Did you even read the description?

"A heliophile is any organism attracted to sunlight."

Blob55 said:
Gogoat: This Goat goes places, and slow.

Panchum: This Panda is your chum.

Fletchling: From Fledgling, even though it's clearly based on an adult.

As ignorant as ever, eh.

Rusticks said:
Blob55 said:

Ah. My bad... I just clicked the link to this thread in the chat.

I don't like that GF decided not to name the prof. a tree again.

Blob55 said:
Rusticks said:

Sorry if I came across as rude, wasn't my intention :p

And speculation running around is that Patrice is the professor's FIRST name. So we may still keep tradition going!

It sure will be interesting if the source turns out to be true.
Then, here after, everything that he has given WPM should be thought as truth.

Rusticks said:
Blob55 said:

And speculation running around is that Patrice is the professor's FIRST name. So we may still keep tradition going!
Uhh, the Pokemon professors don't have first names. Aside from Oak, but that's because he's been featured in the anime since day one.

...perhaps Panchum could be a portmanteau of 'panda' and 'chum'? Most likely not, but regardless, don't like the name, but I really don't care.

Flygon2071 said:
Blob55 said:

Its name has "Trees" in its name. How isn't it good (but having the name of a tree is better though)?

I meant as a kind of tree, like Pine.

Uhh, the Pokemon professors don't have first names. Aside from Oak, but that's because he's been featured in the anime since day one.

Juniper's first name is Aurea.

Rusticks said:
Professor Juniper's first name is Aurea. Aurea Juniper. Cedric Juniper.

DorianBlack said:
Pokèbass said:
Maybe the panda will be "Pancham" or "Pandcham" ?

I'm wondering that too, especially given Medicham's name.
Why does that matter? Charmeleon, Kecleon, Empoleon, Finneon, Lumineon, and all the Eeveelutions.

DorianBlack said:
I'm wondering that too, especially given Medicham's name.
Why does that matter? Charmeleon, Kecleon, Empoleon, Finneon, Lumineon, and all the Eeveelutions.

Those all come from different roots though. Considering that Medicham's "cham" most likely comes from the word "champ", couldn't it be possible?

They could also just be deciding to use the Japanese name with just the first letter changed, but since we don't know how that name is Romanized yet, that root could go with either spelling right now too.

DorianBlack said:

Those all come from different roots though. Considering that Medicham's "cham" most likely comes from the word "champ", couldn't it be possible?

They could also just be deciding to use the Japanese name with just the first letter changed, but since we don't know how that name is Romanized yet, that root could go with either spelling right now too.

But Machamp comes from Champ but does't finishes in "cham" but "champ"

i really find it hard to pronounce them (exept for gogoat)
but i think i can get used to them :)
also the names will most likely be revealed tomorrow so it will be fair worldwide :D

Back