(1) Supposed English Names of 'CoroCoro' Pokemon [5/13]

That's obviously the best way to know if he's legit. We'll know in 6 days tops if Fairies are here to stay.

Did he say how many new pokémon there will be?
And did he get fired before this? Why put his job on the line?

DorianBlack said:
A fletching is the back part of an arrow with the feathers, and it can also refer to the act of putting the feathers on the arrow. That also sheds some light on the Japanese name: the Japanese word for "arrow" is ya.

I'd assumed it was simply from "Yayako", a very outdated way to refer to a child. But now you mention it, it's tail does resemble the feathers on an arrow.

Blob55 said:
Rusticks said:
Did you even read the description?

"A heliophile is any organism attracted to sunlight."

Ah. My bad... I just clicked the link to this thread in the chat.

I don't like that GF decided not to name the prof. a tree again.

Oak, elm, birch, rowan, and juniper are all trees. What do you mean "again"?

DNA said:
Blob55 said:
Ah. My bad... I just clicked the link to this thread in the chat.

I don't like that GF decided not to name the prof. a tree again.

Oak, elm, birch, rowan, and juniper are all trees. What do you mean "again"?
I think what they mean is that they're not happy that GF decided not to stick with tradition. Not that this is a repeat move by GF.

The names seem legit enough, though if you only just got the names after they were revealed, they could still be faked.

Gogoat: This is the only one that is both unrealistic and the most likely. You were given the name after it leaked? C+P anyone? Even so, it's the most "normal" sounding name out of the bunch. The idea of riding him is ok, but I hope it wont be limited to only him. Rapidash, Camerupt, Sawsbuck, ect. could be ridden just as easily.

Pancham: I could see this working alright. Panda+Champ. Seems just fine. Though I'm very surprised it isn't Grass/Fighting, or maybe that's what it could evolve into?

Fletchling: Maybe we'll get a lucky break and the early game bird will actually evolve into something moderately interesting. With a name like that, I could imagine a Steel/Flying evolution. The name itself isn't bad, not any more unusual than Starly or Pidove.

Helioptile: If this really is the name, I'd be more than satisfied. Maybe it could evolve into an Electric/Dragon type. If the "fairy" type exists, then this could be an early Dragon that we could catch. Having the Dragon type immunity means an early game dragon wouldn't be nearly as over powered as catching an Axew on Route 1 in Black/White.

I think what they mean is that they're not happy that GF decided not to stick with tradition. Not that this is a repeat move by GF.
Well, Patrice is a first name, not a surname, so it's not like there's no way it won't be a tree name yet. Maybe they're just making a funny.

Keeper of Night said:
Helioptile: If this really is the name, I'd be more than satisfied. Maybe it could evolve into an Electric/Dragon type. If the "fairy" type exists, then this could be an early Dragon that we could catch. Having the Dragon type immunity means an early game dragon wouldn't be nearly as over powered as catching an Axew on Route 1 in Black/White.

Interesting theory (but it is Electric/Normal). In an evolution like lvl 20 would be nice. I say that the name comes from Sun and Reptile and Dragons are reptiles so it wouldn't be surprising (even though Krookodile's line is Ground/Dark).

Flygon2071 said:
Keeper of Night said:

Interesting theory (but it is Electric/Normal). In an evolution like lvl 20 would be nice. I say that the name comes from Sun and Reptile and Dragons are reptiles so it wouldn't be surprising (even though Krookodile's line is Ground/Dark).
Plenty of pokemon change type as they evolve. The change from Electric/Normal to Electric/Dragon isn't that far of a stretch.

Names are terrible. The names remind me of last generation. The names don't seem to be distinct, anymore like Gen I-III. Gen. IV, I could deal with but I can't deal with any of the names here.

Water Pokémon Master said:
Rusticks said:
And speculation running around is that Patrice is the professor's FIRST name. So we may still keep tradition going!
Uhh, the Pokemon professors don't have first names. Aside from Oak, but that's because he's been featured in the anime since day one.

Aurea and Cedric Juniper say hi

Charmander is a Lizard and evolve into Charizard that is not effectively a Dragon-Type, but have clearly the aspect of this creature.
Maybe the new Electric-Lizard, Helioptile, could follow the same root of Charmander? Being a Electric-Type Dragon? Or maybe will have the dual typing Electric/Dragon?

Pokèbass said:
Charmander is a Lizard and evolve into Charizard that is not effectively a Dragon-Type, but have clearly the aspect of this creature.
Maybe the new Electric-Lizard, Helioptile, could follow the same root of Charmander? Being a Electric-Type Dragon? Or maybe will have the dual typing Electric/Dragon?

There are two really good reasons why Charizard is not Dragon type:
1: Dragon resists the other starter types, making him so over powered in comparison to the others.
2: Pokémon wanted to keep the Dragon type exclusive to the Dratini line for gen. 1.

Pokèbass said:

Sceptile line Krookodile line Scrafty line all say hi

kriffix said:
DorianBlack said:
A fletching is the back part of an arrow with the feathers, and it can also refer to the act of putting the feathers on the arrow. That also sheds some light on the Japanese name: the Japanese word for "arrow" is ya.

I'd assumed it was simply from "Yayako", a very outdated way to refer to a child. But now you mention it, it's tail does resemble the feathers on an arrow.

It's probably based on that too!

xayshade said:
Pokèbass said:

You using the same phrase three times in one thread says hi.

Keeper of Night said:
Pokèbass said:

There are two really good reasons why Charizard is not Dragon type:
1: Dragon resists the other starter types, making him so over powered in comparison to the others.
2: Pokémon wanted to keep the Dragon type exclusive to the Dratini line for gen. 1.

I'm not arguing about the loss chance to make Charizard a Dragon-type, that would have make him obviously OP from a "starter" POV.
But now that we have another "lizard" (The aspect is really really next to charmender' one) why couldn't it be a Dragon, at least, in the aspect? Or, even better, also in the types? I was meaning only this, nothing to argue about the Charizard type.

Keeper of Night said:
Flygon2071 said:
Plenty of pokemon change type as they evolve. The change from Electric/Normal to Electric/Dragon isn't that far of a stretch.

Never said they didn't, I said you couldn't have a Dragon on route 1.

xayshade said:
Water Pokémon Master said:
Uhh, the Pokemon professors don't have first names. Aside from Oak, but that's because he's been featured in the anime since day one.

Umm... I already covered this on the last page. .___.
Originality, much?

frezgle said:
xayshade said:

You don't know just how hard I laughed after reading this! XDD

frezgle said:
xayshade said:

you can't even lie it was funny every time

you giggling secretly says hi

Alix Rooker said:
xayshade said:
Umm... I already covered this on the last page. .___.
Originality, much?

frezgle said:
You don't know just how hard I laughed after reading this! XDD

I didn't see your comment

my fault

Back