(1) Supposed 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soul Dew said:
I wonder if Fletchling will end up with gender differences. Staraptor's line had different sized white dots and Unfezant had a fairly large difference. In the future I hope they can do those tiny gender differences for a majority of pokemon and/or have randomized patterns (randomly-placed dark green spots on Bulbasaur, for example) so the pokemon LOOK unique in addition to being unique via the numbers/stats.

I would love having more gender differences, and even more actual slight differences in the same pokemon, like maybe 3 sprites for every pokemon or something. I would really like the feeling of having slightly more unique pokemon and team.

Soul Dew said:
I wonder if Fletchling will end up with gender differences. Staraptor's line had different sized white dots and Unfezant had a fairly large difference. In the future I hope they can do those tiny gender differences for a majority of pokemon and/or have randomized patterns (randomly-placed dark green spots on Bulbasaur, for example) so the pokemon LOOK unique in addition to being unique via the numbers/stats.

I've been wanting slight random variations for a while now. Spinda was on the right track, and it would probably be even easier to implement in 3D, since it would be an additional texture that conforms to the body shape no matter what, as opposed to a flat sprite overlay that might get cut off awkwardly.

Speaking of gender differences, they'd better bring those back. Unfezant and Frillish/Jellicent don't count; I mean the more subtle differences that were present in Pokemon from gens 1-4. I love gen 5 to death but it was really odd that they didn't have that for any species.

Nightingirle said:
Pancham said:
Wow that rumour is so fake it's unreal. Seriously?? Froakie becoming Water/Electric? Xerneas is Ice/Steel?? Cross bred pokemon? That alone proves it.
WPM will not reply you by the way, he's too busy riding his high horse LOL

I really think wpm made clear that he's had enough of that discussion, because it isn't leading anywhere. I don't say everybody has to agree with that, but I think it's time to stop picking on that and accept his decision, being rude is not going to help.

On the new starters: I so hope the evolutions will live up to my expectations, gen 5 starters really disappointed me from the beginning, except tepig which I liked until they revealed the evolutions... Urgh I still haven't recovered from that one :D
Judging from their first stage I really can't decide which one to pick :) I hope at least one is going to turn out decent.

I really wish that now that they're changing the ev thing(if that's true) they will also give us more options todo something about ivs.

Relax dude stop trying to be a policeman. Didn't I give my opinion in my reply of that rumour the guy just linked? I pointed straight away that those are so fake. You made it clear that's enough of the discussion so why are you prolonging it?

Pancham said:
Nightingirle said:
I really think wpm made clear that he's had enough of that discussion, because it isn't leading anywhere. I don't say everybody has to agree with that, but I think it's time to stop picking on that and accept his decision, being rude is not going to help.

On the new starters: I so hope the evolutions will live up to my expectations, gen 5 starters really disappointed me from the beginning, except tepig which I liked until they revealed the evolutions... Urgh I still haven't recovered from that one :D
Judging from their first stage I really can't decide which one to pick :) I hope at least one is going to turn out decent.

I really wish that now that they're changing the ev thing(if that's true) they will also give us more options todo something about ivs.

Relax dude stop trying to be a policeman. Didn't I give my opinion in my reply of that rumour the guy just linked? I pointed straight away that those are so fake. You made it clear that's enough of the discussion so why are you prolonging it?

Because that riding on his high horse thing was uncalled for and unnecessary. I just added it to my comment, since I was commenting anyway(on something else) and it rubbed me the wrong way sorta, don't worry it wouldn't have been worth a comment on its own.

I've been wanting slight random variations for a while now. Spinda was on the right track, and it would probably be even easier to implement in 3D, since it would be an additional texture that conforms to the body shape no matter what, as opposed to a flat sprite overlay that might get cut off awkwardly.

Speaking of gender differences, they'd better bring those back. Unfezant and Frillish/Jellicent don't count; I mean the more subtle differences that were present in Pokemon from gens 1-4. I love gen 5 to death but it was really odd that they didn't have that for any species.

Yeah I noticed that, too. It was kind of a step back, I liked the little things, I always like it when they add those little nice details(reminds me of that sitting on the bench thing from the trailer :))

Mitja said:
palkia07 said:
Just consider that the sprite is from a different generation and that the xy one is bluish for the glass of the pokedex...Look at the half white and half brown wing and at the white crest that can be seen..
semttuloyba_by_giovannihp90-d65g3ro.png

Yeah its absolutely undoubtably clear. Its not like some other sprite has an identical half in addition to Pidgey...but for some reason there will be more posts suggesting random pokemon or thinking its something new lol

I can't see it being Pidgey. At first it looked like Overcast Form Cherrim, but now it looks more like a Mareep. I can clearly see the yellow wool and the blue face. I'm 80% sure it's Mareep.

Mitja said:
moonlightning said:
What I'm hoping for is the mention of three different areas where you can catch Pokemon means that there is a HUGE variety of Pokemon that can appear in the wild in any one given place. That would be a godsend compared to the stifling lack of choice in the earlier Black/White routes.

I wish WPM wasn't so scared of losing credability, why not just post the info he has and say "there is absolutely no guarantee that any of this is accurate at all and take these only as rumours."

My guess from all the info we have so far would be this;

Central ~100 (~33 new)
Coastal ~100 (~33 new)
Mountain ~100 (~33 new)
-------------------------------------
Kalos-dex ~300 (~100 new)

30% (~60) of the old would be fan-service stuff (Dratini, Eevee, Pikachu etc)
15% (~30) of the old because of new stages
55% (~110) of the old to fill common roles (Zigzagoon, Magikarp etc) and because they fit some theme (Golett at megalithic place for example?)

That way gen 6 has more room to focus on adding exotic/special/rare pokemon like gen 2 and 4 did, since it doesnt have to reinvent all the casual things, just a handful to make it feel more fresh.

I dunno, I still feel like 300 is a pretty low estimate. There's 700+ Pokémonto choose from, and we're fairly certain from the Pokédex picture that we're getting at least two sets of basic rodents and birds. I don't think they'd double up there and take up five extra spaces in the regional Pokédex if it wasn't going to be huge.

the slightly inaccurate colors are irrelevant. How big does the picture need to be...

xe0e3l.jpg

(no idea why the Pidgey in the pic is skewed, it just makes it seem less identical than it is)

DorianBlack said:
Mitja said:
My guess from all the info we have so far would be this;

Central ~100 (~33 new)
Coastal ~100 (~33 new)
Mountain ~100 (~33 new)
-------------------------------------
Kalos-dex ~300 (~100 new)

30% (~60) of the old would be fan-service stuff (Dratini, Eevee, Pikachu etc)
15% (~30) of the old because of new stages
55% (~110) of the old to fill common roles (Zigzagoon, Magikarp etc) and because they fit some theme (Golett at megalithic place for example?)

That way gen 6 has more room to focus on adding exotic/special/rare pokemon like gen 2 and 4 did, since it doesnt have to reinvent all the casual things, just a handful to make it feel more fresh.

I dunno, I still feel like 300 is a pretty low estimate. There's 700+ Pokémonto choose from, and we're fairly certain from the Pokédex picture that we're getting at least two sets of basic rodents and birds. I don't think they'd double up there and take up five extra spaces in the regional Pokédex if it wasn't going to be huge.

they did fine covering most pokemon with BW and BW2 who had 150/300 regional dexes.

gen VI will likely be longer and have some more nostalgic set of games than even BW2 were... my point is, XY dont need to cover 750 pokemon at the beginning of the generation.

Johto had double pokes for plenty of roles, and had a dex of 251.

Mitja said:
DorianBlack said:

they did fine covering most pokemon with BW and BW2 who had 150/300 regional dexes.

gen VI will likely be longer and have some more nostalgic set of games than even BW2 were... my point is, XY dont need to cover 750 pokemon at the beginning of the generation.

Johto had double pokes for plenty of roles, and had a dex of 251.

But there were only 251 Pokémon in total at that time, and Johto was tiny. And don't pretend I'm saying the regional dex needs to be 750, 'cause I'm not. I just think there was plenty of opportunity for every region in the past to be more diverse in terms of species than they were, and it looks like Karos is finally going to use that opportunity. I don't think 350-400 is unreasonably large at all, especially if the National Dex gets close to 800.

AdamLambert said:
Mitja said:
Yeah its absolutely undoubtably clear. Its not like some other sprite has an identical half in addition to Pidgey...but for some reason there will be more posts suggesting random pokemon or thinking its something new lol

I can't see it being Pidgey. At first it looked like Overcast Form Cherrim, but now it looks more like a Mareep. I can clearly see the yellow wool and the blue face. I'm 80% sure it's Mareep.

Ok let's simply continue to do incredible (unuseful) speculation.. Imo it's Zoroark under the illusion of Mareep/Hariyama/Mothim/Cherrim/Sylveon or a new pokemon. It's after fletchling in the pokedex cause like all the pokemon over here can be found on route 1 at very beginning of the game. -.-

palkia07 said:
AdamLambert said:

Ok let's simply continue to do incredible (unuseful) speculation.. Imo it's Zoroark under the illusion of Mareep/Hariyama/Mothim/Cherrim/Sylveon or a new pokemon. It's after fletchling in the pokedex cause like all the pokemon over here can be found on route 1 at very beginning of the game. -.-

Actually is troll Ditto changing its form so we can't decidePidgey and Mareep could.

AdamLambert said:
Mitja said:

Please tell me you are joking because there is no way that is Mareep. There is NO blue in that sprite at all, NONE. That is most likely Pidgey. I hope I don't come off as rude but I can't believe some people think it is Mareep.

I'm hoping that X/Y doesn't allow importing from other games (a fresh start!) and has all/most the previous pokemon as returning native Karos species. If the previous legendaries have to be squeezed in, they'd make some substantial post-game material.
( And Pancham the user had the ban coming)

Soul Dew said:
I'm hoping that X/Y doesn't allow importing from other games (a fresh start!) and has all/most the previous pokemon as returning native Karos species. If the previous legendaries have to be squeezed in, they'd make some substantial post-game material.
( And Pancham the user had the ban coming)

I would really like that, and an option to somehow finally complete a pokedex :( I've been playing since gen 1 and I could never complete it(yeah what can I say I don't have any friends that like pokemon), maybe they could just make a Karos pokedex that would be possible for anyone to complete(not easy, just possible) that's like my big dream :) I wouldn't even mind getting dlcs for the other legendarys or something(although I know many people don't like the idea of having dlcs for pokemon).

Oh that was unexpected to me(I'm kinda new to this whole forum thing anyway)

Rusty Sticks said:
Soul Dew said:
I'm hoping that X/Y doesn't allow importing from other games (a fresh start!)

You monster.

I've completed my pokedex in BW and want to be forced to recollect them. It is great to see my first pokemon from RS sitting in the box, but I have like 9 Kyogres and hordes of others and am ready to leave them for once.

Soul Dew said:
Rusty Sticks said:
You monster.

I've completed my pokedex in BW and want to be forced to recollect them. It is great to see my first pokemon from RS sitting in the box, but I have like 9 Kyogres and hordes of others and am ready to leave them for once.

With all due respect that is just dumb and stupid . no one forces you to transfer why should the rest of us be denied of doing it
If you don't want it don't do it removing a feature for sake of a personal choice its just stupidity

If there's a way to incorporate transferring from older games, then they would probably implement it. The thing I hated about transferring between 4th and 5th gens was that you had to have two ds and I honestly didn't bother to do it. I'm hoping that there's some kind of app that you can download from the eshop so you could "upload" your pokemon to it and than "download" the pokemon to X and Y. I'm also hoping with X and Y is that you can transfer from directly from 4th gen games to the new 6th gen games, I don't see a reason why you couldn't do it.

Scorpiopt said:
With all due respect that is just dumb and stupid . no one forces you to transfer why should the rest of us be denied of doing it
If you don't want it don't do it removing a feature for sake of a personal choice its just stupidity

Haha, don't be so worked up (it's just an idea, after all.) I wouldn't say that it's up-right stupid; maybe it's frustrating that you have to level up Dratini to 55 again, or that all 999 lucky eggs you've collected won't carry over. Maybe it's an unnecessary change because you've always been able to transfer since Gen III and want to play the silly mini games. I just think it's a valid option to take Gen VI this way, especially if GF decides to include old favorites in the game. Why bother recollecting if you could transfer? That takes away from an integral part of the game: catching them all!

(Most likely, by the fact WPM liked that other comment and has substantial knowledge of XY, transferring is here to stay.)

Scorpiopt said:
Soul Dew said:

/\ This

@Soul Dew That is a very self-centered way of thinking you got going on there. Instead of everyone being forced to do something, you could force it on yourself to do such a thing, only if you wanted to. It's like setting any kind of personal goal within a game. No way should this be a 'part of the game'.

In your defence however, I do feel like they should make it possible to aquire all of the Pokémon in one way or another without using previous games. And that's without hacks and all that kind of stuff.

EDIT:

Soul Dew said:
"..and want to play the silly mini games."
They should really get those out of the transfer system. They add nothing to the game and are only time consuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back