(1) Supposed 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dmatt said:
mastermagpie said:
The English localisation of Fairy-type is Fairy-type so it won't be Light! (According to WPM) :)

EDIT: At Dmatt (wouldn't let me quote for some reason)

Oww. Might as well make my peace with it :p

-------

And yes, those are inspired by the box art, and yes, it could also represent that Xerneas is related/protector of the Forest, meanwhile Yvetal is the sky being... **but** then there's no specific reason for the middle center to be a clash between light and darkness... So one could suggest that's a hint for the Dark/Fairy typing.

I really liked the idea of Yvetal being the Reaper/Destroyer of life and Xerneas being the Healer/Creator of life! (Read it on a forum in Serebii..)

Giratina210 said:
Well if its obvious enough to point toward Dark/Flying for Yveltal then why not Grass for Xerneas? I mean, what else could a deer be? And Fairy makes sense too.

I'm just going by Hirobyte's info here which said that Xerneas would be single-typed (and Fairy). And in case you don't remember he's the guy that pretty much leaked all of the Unova dex, so I do consider him to be an accurate source.

I mean even if Xerneas was a Water type or something crazy, they'd still show the forest background because of the overall theme of the legends (which I swear if it's not life and death I'm gonna be angry).

Yo, some random /vp/oreon here.

WPM, you seem to get mixed opinions on your actions. Some people thought you only wanted to cover Mage and got it wrong, while other think you're stupid for getting into their original plan (Tai and Mage) and that you made everything break up. I honestly don't know what to say, as the whole situation is a bit confusing.

2VXyQ.png

That's one of the comments that interested me... Why did you draw attention to Tai? Wasn't that against what Mage wanted to do? It would be interesting to see your view of the events.

This is gonna be even better than Wottergate.

Luna_Cat16 said:
I'm just going by Hirobyte's info here which said that Xerneas would be single-typed (and Fairy). And in case you don't remember he's the guy that pretty much leaked all of the Unova dex, so I do consider him to be an accurate source.

I mean even if Xerneas was a Water type or something crazy, they'd still show the forest background because of the overall theme of the legends (which I swear if it's not life and death I'm gonna be angry).

They released the typings of the starters, but they never released the types of Sylveon or Xerneas/Yveltal. It stands to reason that one or more of the legendaries has the new type (Fairy-type I guess) in their typing.

Otherwise, they'd almost certainly have given their types from the beginning.

SomeRandom/vp/oreon said:

WPM, you seem to get mixed opinions on your actions. Some people thought you only wanted to cover Mage and got it wrong, while other think you're stupid for getting into their original plan (Tai and Mage) and that you made everything break up. I honestly don't know what to say, as the whole situation is a bit confusing.

2VXyQ.png

That's one of the comments that interested me... Why did you draw attention to Tai? Wasn't that against what Mage wanted to do? It would be interesting to see your view of the events.

He already gave his version of events: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-yo-wpm-riding-info

I think we should stop worrying about it. The original motive was for people to get leaked info. Well he already said he'd give the rest of what he's got.

Regardless of how it actually played out, its over and done. In the end pokemon X and Y come out in October.

Yeah everyone really should just relax, it's not like we'll never ever find out. I mean most of the leaked info is bound to come out before the game's release/

@Oak: Actually, Reshiram and Zekrom also had their types hidden for a month or two, but not to the degree of the legendaries in this generation. So yes, it is pretty much confirmed that one or another of the legends will have the Fairy type. Holding it back for this long an dofr no reason is just unnatural.

If Xerneas were to be Fairy/Grass and Yveltal Dark/Flying, they would be balanced with each other but then Xerneas would be x4 weak to Poison!!!

Luigi08 said:
If Xerneas were to be Fairy/Grass and Yveltal Dark/Flying, they would be balanced with each other but then Xerneas would be x4 weak to Poison!!!

That didn't stop the horrible Celebi from happening :p (x4 to Bug and a plethora of regular weaknesses)
But, since I also read somewhere that Xerneas is going to be single typed, Fairy - Dark/Flying makes sense for balance as well.

Thief said:

2VXyQ.png

He already gave his version of events: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-yo-wpm-riding-info

I think we should stop worrying about it. The original motive was for people to get leaked info. Well he already said he'd give the rest of what he's got.

Regardless of how it actually played out, its over and done. In the end pokemon X and Y come out in October.

There are still some things that I want to know, though. WPM is wrong, thinking Tai brings attention to the original source: by claiming he's the real source, he'd attract attention on him, not on Mage, meaning the leaks would've gotten revealed, and even if Nintendo wanted to C&D him, they'd find out Tai... Is actually no one, and the leaker would've done his job while getting out unscathed. WPM had to attack Tai instead of ignoring it, and it's this that made people bring attention to Mage. Besides, Mage had poorly leaked the informations: revealing his source, sending it to a popular Pokémon website instead of leaking it on vp/2ch/any other anonymous website... If he revealed it anonymously, nothing would've happened, and we would've gotten our leaks. Also, WPM, why leak at the beginning just to say "nah, I'm scared of GF" right after? You're just exciting the fandom for nothing, and THAT got you hated.

There are still some things that I want to know, though. WPM is wrong, thinking Tai brings attention to the original source: by claiming he's the real source, he'd attract attention on him, not on Mage, meaning the leaks would've gotten revealed, and even if Nintendo wanted to C&D him, they'd find out Tai... Is actually no one, and the leaker would've done his job while getting out unscathed. WPM had to attack Tai instead of ignoring it, and it's this that made people bring attention to Mage. Besides, Mage had poorly leaked the informations: revealing his source, sending it to a website instead of leaking it on vp/2ch/any other anonymous website... If he revealed it anonymously, nothing would've happened, and we would've gotten our leaks. Also, WPM, why leak at the beginning just to say "nah, I'm scared of GF" right after? You're just exciting the fandom for nothing, and THAT got you hated.

While I don't agree with the way things went and I think it could've been done better, it is OVER now. There's nothing anyone can change about the way it went. What I think is important, is that everyone only had the best intentions, wpm tried his best to rescue that situation, he got 'hated' for trying to protect somone else and I find it ridiculous and sad how some people still try to hate on him. You don't have to agree, you can criticize, but why all this hate? What the hell is wrong with people to still try to make a witch hunt out of that?
Didn't enough people get hurt here already? Also, actually I didn't see him get hated on here by most today. I was glad almost everyone was understanding and some even said sorry for hating on him before, because he was stuck in a bad situation and tried to make the best out of it.

Thief said:

There are still some things that I want to know, though. WPM is wrong, thinking Tai brings attention to the original source: by claiming he's the real source, he'd attract attention on him, not on Mage, meaning the leaks would've gotten revealed, and even if Nintendo wanted to C&D him, they'd find out Tai... Is actually no one, and the leaker would've done his job while getting out unscathed. WPM had to attack Tai instead of ignoring it, and it's this that made people bring attention to Mage. Besides, Mage had poorly leaked the informations: revealing his source, sending it to a popular Pokémon website instead of leaking it on vp/2ch/any other anonymous website... If he revealed it anonymously, nothing would've happened, and we would've gotten our leaks. Also, WPM, why leak at the beginning just to say "nah, I'm scared of GF" right after? You're just exciting the fandom for nothing, and THAT got you hated.

Look, no one wants to argue about this. For the people who just want to continue speculating about the games, this is tiring. I understand everything you're saying, but what I'm saying is that it's done. I'm glad that you care so much for WPM to want to understand what led him to bring upon his own 5-second demise. It's so caring that you want to understand more, so you can... What? He doesn't need your help. I say this because frankly, it's his business. Why ask him all these specifics when your honestly just being nosey.

The best thing for you to do is drop it and keep it cool.

And what's cooler than being cool?

Ice cold.

Alright

Nightingirle said:
There are still some things that I want to know, though. WPM is wrong, thinking Tai brings attention to the original source: by claiming he's the real source, he'd attract attention on him, not on Mage, meaning the leaks would've gotten revealed, and even if Nintendo wanted to C&D him, they'd find out Tai... Is actually no one, and the leaker would've done his job while getting out unscathed. WPM had to attack Tai instead of ignoring it, and it's this that made people bring attention to Mage. Besides, Mage had poorly leaked the informations: revealing his source, sending it to a website instead of leaking it on vp/2ch/any other anonymous website... If he revealed it anonymously, nothing would've happened, and we would've gotten our leaks. Also, WPM, why leak at the beginning just to say "nah, I'm scared of GF" right after? You're just exciting the fandom for nothing, and THAT got you hated.

While I don't agree with the way things went and I think it could've been done better, it is OVER now. There's nothing anyone can change about the way it went. What I think is important, is that everyone only had the best intentions, wpm tried his best to rescue that situation, he got 'hated' for trying to protect somone else and I find it ridiculous and sad how some people still try to hate on him. You don't have to agree, you can criticize, but why all this hate? What the hell is wrong with people to still try to make a witch hunt out of that?
Didn't enough people get hurt here already? Also, actually I didn't see him get hated on here by most today. I was glad almost everyone was understanding and some even said sorry for hating on him before, because he was stuck in a bad situation and tried to make the best out of it.

I know it's over. We won't get any more additional leaks besides the ones WPM will apparently "show" soon. I'm not hating on him. I'm not trying to get more people hurt. I just want to know WHY he did it. Just trying to get answers. Is that too much to ask for? For the hate, I was talking about a few days ago, when he said he wouldn't leak anymore.

Nightingirle said:

I know it's over. We won't get any more additional leaks besides the ones WPM will apparently "show" soon. I'm not hating on him. I'm not trying to get more people hurt. I just want to know WHY he did it. Just trying to get answers. Is that too much to ask for? For the hate, I was talking about a few days ago, when he said he wouldn't leak anymore.

Here's an idea. Why don't you post all this on the thread he posted the whole story on?

Nightingirle said:

Ah sry I didn't mean to sound as if I was angry at you, it was more like a general statement of my opinion. Uh sry again that didn't sound right on my part, I just really feel bad for wpm for getting all this hate still :/ no I think it's alright to ask for answers, I don't quite get the way this was handled, either, guess it was a one bad decision followed the other thing... Duh I feel bad for sounding so mean, I should proof read what I write the next time, it was not supposed to sound that way :)

Am I the only one who's noticed that this thread has veered away from what it's supposed to be about? It's not about bashing WPM for what information we haven't gotten. It's about speculating on the information we have gotten. So, back on topic. I'd be mildly disappointed if Yveltal was a Dark/Flying type because 1. Flying is the most commonly paired type with Dark as of now, and 2. Seeing as Fighting/Flying hasn't been done yet, and Yveltal looks very aggressive, it would make it more interesting.

AdamLambert said:
Am I the only one who's noticed that this thread has veered away from what it's supposed to be about? It's not about bashing WPM for what information we haven't gotten. It's about speculating on the information we have gotten. So, back on topic. I'd be mildly disappointed if Yveltal was a Dark/Flying type because 1. Flying is the most commonly paired type with Dark as of now, and 2. Seeing as Fighting/Flying hasn't been done yet, and Yveltal looks very aggressive, it would make it more interesting.

Yveltal doesn't look like that much of a fighting type to me

Giratina210 said:
AdamLambert said:

Yveltal doesn't look like that much of a fighting type to me

No you're not the only one.

And I don't think it looks fighting either. I did I say I didn't like it, but dark/flying seems to be the only reasonable choices.

You guys remember some rumours initially stating that Yveltal would be a new sound type right?
I'm so glad that's not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back