(1) Three New 'HeartGold' and 'SoulSilver' Trailers [8/26]

Nice to see that they didn't replace headbutt trees with honey trees. I didn't watch the video.

I'm still hoping there's a way to turn off the Pokémon following you, but I haven't even decided if I'm going to get the game. Seems like nearly every time I hear news about it, it's something that's just ridiculous or shouldn't be done (in my opinion).

FireMeowth said:
Headbutt trees are stupid. *sighs*

Other than that, the trailers are great.

Headbutt trees is a lot better than waiting and paying money to wait hours for a pokemon you might not want.

nice, i know that i'm going to love the intro's for this game, so many memories of this game, the new minigames look kind of cool, i'm loving that racing game, i just can't wait til this spring, :p

...There was no Giovanni in those trailers. o_O

I didn't see him, at least.

ShayminSky said:
Headbutt trees is a lot better than waiting and paying money to wait hours for a pokemon you might not want.
Waiting and paying money to wait hours for a Pokémon you might not want is a lot better than abusing poor, defenseless, sleeping Pokémon (you might not want). D:

burnpsy said:
Headbutt trees, Giovanni, and overworld Suicune were confirmed.

Nice.

I think that's just the blue-haired Executive in one of those watchtowers near Mahogany Town. (I guess they're bringing that toll-road scheme back.)

Also, I'm lovin' Jasmine's new look.

And I noticed that Morty's Gym has a purple shade to it, while Falkner's had a light-blue shade. I guess this confirms that Gyms are uniquely-colored now.

NotVeryEffective said:
I think that's just the blue-haired Executive in one of those watchtowers near Mahogany Town. (I guess they're bringing that toll-road scheme back.)

Also, I'm lovin' Jasmine's new look.

And I noticed that Morty's Gym has a purple shade to it, while Falkner's had a light-blue shade. I guess this confirms that Gyms are uniquely-colored now.
Yeah, Jasmine is pretty cute! XD
Wow, those trailers make me want HG/SS so much more, even! The CGI pichu was adorable...
And, oh, now I want a DSI SOOOOOOOOOOO much!

Awesome. I can't wait for HG/SS now. I will watch the video when I have more time.:)

FireMeowth said:
Waiting and paying money to wait hours for a Pokémon you might not want is a lot better than abusing poor, defenseless, sleeping Pokémon (you might not want). D:

Um, no. Sorry, but they're sprites. They have no feelings. If this were real life than maybe I could see your point (barely) but it's not, and I'm on the side of not-wanting-to pay money and wait hours just to get a random Pokemon - and that's assuming that I even remember to go back. I can't count how many times I've lathered a tree only to completely forget about it while I'm adventuring. Head-butting is much better in my (and I'm sure many other's) opinion.

Also, SWEEEET. And for those who didn't watch the videos - what's the point of commenting?

Headbutting Trees coming back is cool. Suicune and Jasmine's sprites are amazing. And I love the look of the first Gym. Very high tech and updated. The 3D in that one ad looks cool, but that won't be in the game, so it's just for advertising. ;p

dmaster out.

Ageman20XX said:
Um, no. Sorry, but they're sprites. They have no feelings. If this were real life than maybe I could see your point (barely) but it's not, and I'm on the side of not-wanting-to pay money and wait hours just to get a random Pokemon - and that's assuming that I even remember to go back. I can't count how many times I've lathered a tree only to completely forget about it while I'm adventuring. Head-butting is much better in my (and I'm sure many other's) opinion.

Also, SWEEEET. And for those who didn't watch the videos - what's the point of commenting?

Agreed. Even if it WERE real, it would be cruel to attract li'l pokes with sweet honey only to capture or KO them!
...Wait! ...Maybe HG/SS has new technology so that the pokemon DO have feelings! Ya know, with the Pokewalker and DSi and all...

Ageman20XX said:
And for those who didn't watch the videos - what's the point of commenting?

I commented on the trees because I had an opinion. I didn't comment on the videos because I didn't watch them and have no interest in watching them.

As for Headbutt vs Honey Tree, I actually do prefer the Honey Trees. Headbutting is nice, and I'm glad it's making a return, but I actually did prefer the method of using honey, and then waiting for it to attract something.

I just now saw the video. I looks pretty good. How does your Pokemon EV train on the Pokewalker? Does the number of steps represent EV's or does it represent a certain stat? If it does a certain stat or a combination of 2 stats that might work.:)

Back