(1) Three New 'LEGEND: HeartGold and SoulSilver Collection' Cards [9/11]

Great Donphan! Awesome!
60 damage for a single Fighting Energy, with the only drawback being a damage counter on each of your Benched Pokémon - and Donphan's a Stage 1 Pokémon as well!

If there's no other drawbacks on the Great Pokémon, I might actually make a Donphan-deck.

Also, shouldn't it be noted that Resistance always seems to be -20?

In addition to these cards, it is confirmed that Copycat and Professor Elm's Training Method will be reprinted in the TCG. However, Elm will have slightly different wording - it can only search for Stage 1 and 2 Pokemon cards, not just "Evolutions." Perhaps there will be a higher stage of evolution in the future?

Uh, Great Pokemon? ;)

Donphan is pretty good. Blocks some damage if you can get it out quickly (BTS, if it is still playable at the moment) and then does some nice, fast damage. 60 for one is like another Kingdra, but this is a stage 1 with a draw back. If Manetric is still playable, I'd love to see a build like that. As for Ampharos, if you can get it out it really limits Feralitgatr's abilities. Shuckle... OK.

MS Eeveelution said:
They are still the same stage of that pokemon

They're considered their own branch though, not just that stage. Otherwise you could just farm Great cards with that trainer.

í LOVE the Great Pokémon artwork/card layout (except for the artwork border)
í wish they wouldn't just focus on their faces though

I love the Donaphan it is one of the best cards because Nidoqueen can take care of the ten that could be a real speed deck I know the new gengar.

Ampy is okay but not that good only the pokebody is good.

Shukkle stinks not good for anything really.

Yeah I sort of agree with the face thing being kind of annoying, but on a couple of the cards it makes it so... Look at Ampharos, you'll know what I mean! xP I really like the torn looking border, actually. It makes it even more different, which make is more special, which makes it more great. Right?

I never got to see why Copycat and Elm's method was so good, as I didn't play when they were legal. But now I might actually be able to see what all the hype was for them... But are they really needed anymore? Now we have Chatot as Copycat, and Bebe's as a powered up Elm. Eh, I guess I'll just have to wait and see in time why they were good!

As for the cards... Shuckle... What in the world were they thinking when making him? Especially when you look at his rarity, Holo? Seriously? On a card THAT bad? I thought Japan had useful Holos. -.- I want that Ampharos worse than you think, first of all, it's a Feraligatr counter. (Which is apparently over-hyped even though it's not even OUT yet) Second of all, it can go into my Ampharos collection. Third of all, LOOK AT THAT ART! I'ts amazing! Kudos to whoever improved their artwork for the cards! I can see it now, that Donphan is oing to be the new Kingdra and/or Gallade-Gardevoir. Seriously, 60 for 1 with that minor of a drawback? Epic Phail Pokemon of Japan, EPIC PHAIL. I can see the sky-rocketing price of it now. =[ And it's artwork is good to, that means if you want it just to collect you're going to pay an arm and a leg.

I really don't look forward to the X2 weakness returning, but hey, that's what the original G/S set was like. And I never got to experience playing in the G/S era. So this will give me something new to try in the TCG. ;]

~SotS

Wow these cards are great shuckle ain't the best but I love its artwork well I better start saving up pennies now if I'm gonna buy any of these cards.

well you mentioned donphan so did SOTS is near the end but they mentioned it being the next kingdra!

Still, no legendaries have been made into "Great" Pokemon. So I think the legend cards will only feature legendary Pokemon. We'll see, but I've got a hunch thats what it is.

Awesome cards! The only thing that bugs me is that they only focus on the Pokemon's faces. Why are they doing that?

its just being hyped because if feraligatr is as popular as i think i could be Amphy is a feraligatr counter.

Donphan looks like the donker of the Legend format. Whether it's very popular or simply a rogue, I expect to see Donphan decks.

Why is it that there hasn't been a single good Shuckle card yet?

Back