1992 Honda Accord LX

-Flygon-

Long live LG!
I'm planning on doing a full engine swap on it. They say the best for it should be the H22a or F22a. Not that into cars anymore since middle school :( Would a new exhaust, muffler and supercharge/add turbo to the new engine? This is going to cost a fortune, but I'm going to keep this car because this was given to my late father.

-Flygon- said:
I'm planning on doing a full engine swap on it. They say the best for it should be the H22a or F22a. Not that into cars anymore since middle school :( Would a new exhaust, muffler and supercharge/add turbo to the new engine? This is going to cost a fortune, but I'm going to keep this car because this was given to my late father.

Okay what is an F22? are you talking about the F22 Raptor or what?

anyway the full engine swap isn't nessecary. since this car can go for Years! i had a 1991 Honda Civic and my dad had it for 19 Years with 80% of the engine was still stock.

I have a 91' Honda Accord, granted I don't drive it anymore, but it lasted a good time. Once I find the money I will do a full repair to it. Only reason why I would see a full engine swap being necessary is if you have let that car sit for like years without driving it. With my accord, it sat for a year without being driven, because it was my grandfather's car. And after he passed, no one touched it. Well after a year, my grandmother gave to me as a graduation present. And let me tell you, with it having to sit for a year and not be touched, alot of things went wrong quick due to rust and what not. Mufler went, battery was dead, tie-rod broke, and currently at about 99,000 miles, I can tell the engine is kinda getting ready to go. Because it drains the battery soooo much quicker.

Well, when I step on the pedal it takes WAY longer to get up to 25mph so that's kinda bad. Yea, there are some problems with it, but when it's fixed they usually take a long time before a maintenance or repair.

Dragonzong said:
Okay what is an F22? are you talking about the F22 Raptor or what?

anyway the full engine swap isn't nessecary. since this car can go for Years! i had a 1991 Honda Civic and my dad had it for 19 Years with 80% of the engine was still stock.
F22 is a engine model.

if it takes a while to kick up to 25, it may be a number of issues, not just engine. Like the gas you put into your car, for example I know any car I ever took to this one marathon (only marathon this happened at). After filling up, it feels like my car doesn't want to go, and takes forever to get to speed. So you might want to look at all the options and possibilies for the problem, because a new engine will cost an arm and a leg.

H22a SuperCharged. I personally prefer a TubroCharger but because of the low end torque on most Accord compatible engines (it kinda sucks) it gonna take some time to get your rev's high enough for the Turbo to kick in. So technically speaking a SuperCharger is better. Plus it should increase your gas mileage since all a SuperCharger does is pump extra air into Cylinder before the Bang, increasing compression giving you a bigger bang for more speed.

-Flygon- said:

Just never get into an accident, the insurance won't pay you more than the NADA value.

Honestly, I think you shouldn't even bother. True, Hondas last for EVER if taken care of properly. If the issue's about speed, I also don't see how that's really an issue. But that's just the car newbie speaking.

My mom's 91-92 LX has over 350K on it and it still runs near flawlessly. (It barely has any rust on it or anything). I say, if this car can last this long, I wouldn't bother trying to put the engine in. It seems to work fine as is for how old the car is, and if the same can be said for the other years of it, I really think it'd kinda be a wasted investment.

Normally I wouldn't but this car is very special. It belong to my late father, coincidentally it was bought the same year I was born. So I want to keep this car.

That is totally cool that you want to keep it, but it probably is not worth dropping a new engine and Supercharger in. a new muffler and exhaust probably is not that bad of an idea. i would recommend doing that, but depending on your available funds as far as speed goes, eh, lets just say I wouldn't try to add a lot of power but i would keep it running.

Back