(2) ALL 'Emerging Powers' Scans, Scrafty Distribution at Worlds [8/14]

Both of the illustrations for Whimsicott are so cute! Is Mizuo a new illustrator?

I also like Klinklang tearing apart the rocks with its outermost gear, the one with the spikes. That's pretty cool.

Wow, this set is terrible. Only the last three trainners are worth anything.

I can't believe I'm going to have to go to a bunch of pre-releases just to load up on catcher :headbang

QQ more.

I'll be getting a few of these, I hope. Might be interesting to combo a few "discard opponent's energy" pokes like Excadrill and Krookodile with Ampharos Prime. Teehee.

lolololololol.

This whole set is trash. Catcher and Max Potion are the only card I wouldn't throw away if I pulled them. Pokemon kept their 3 year tradition of awful August sets alive!

DawnOfXatu said:
4-4 Mandibuzz and a four leaf clover is all I need.

Other than that you have the first usable boomeranger (of the format) with Whimisicott, coupled with Gothitelle and you may have something...

Final Gambit Basculin will be a fun Fire Counter for people who like to risk it all on being awesome

Sigalyph makes for a Donphan counter, not that anybody has played straight Donphan ever. Maybe as a tech in Kingdra where you can Catcher up a Donphan and stall it out with Sigalyph while the Kingdra eat up the bench. Still got to worry about switch though.

Everybody likes Gothitelle and Beartic so I won't waste my breath

The new Audino is sick, another great way to flip an insane amount of coins.

Tornadus and Thundurus are both good too, I see Tornadus doing very well, Thundurus is just a bad Zekrom.

The draw supporters are kinda bad. Birch never saw too much play, PONT is just better. Drawing 3 cards is nice, but you've always had that option, and the lack of drawbacks isn't going to really change the gamescape or anything...

The rest of the trainers are all fantastic, but I don't know exactly how much of each are going to be showing up. Probably 4 Catcher and one or two Recycle a deck. Crush Hammer is too deck specific to be used too widely, Great Ball is good, but outclassed by Communication, and Max Potion will be pretty nice with Yanmega and possibly Donphan, not a whole lot past that.

So they give us Catcher to get rid of coin flips and then a third of the new and almost barely playable cards they add to the game all revolve around such a vomit-inducing amount of flips it's funny. I like it.
I also find it funny how it's called "Emerging Powers" where the only card to MAYBE see play is beartic, and in reality it's trash.

They should call it Emerging Coinflips

Honestly, the set isn't very good. That dosen't stop me from getting really hyped up for it and wanting to complete the set, however.

Wow. Almost the entire set is trash, and I have to go to a PR for Catcher. I would have played Liepard if it had free retreat, but I would play Weavile instead, because of Claw Snag and free retreat. But I am going to play 2 Crush Hammer, just for fun. And I think Cheren may have a spot in my decks, because 3 card draw is always nice.

We need another Stormfront, where everything is useful.

catutie said:
I just noticed...no SR D:

I think there will be one, aren't these just the scans of a few players who got them at worlds? Full arts are easy to pull, but maybe no one who WPM was associating with pulled a Meowth.

That or there isn't one.

Johto-Master said:
I think there will be one, aren't these just the scans of a few players who got them at worlds? Full arts are easy to pull, but maybe no one who WPM was associating with pulled a Meowth.

That or there isn't one.

Lol I doubt that they got EVERY card without at least pulling 1 SR...I don't think there will be one. It would be english exclusive if it was and then people would be raging...>_>

catutie said:
Lol I doubt that they got EVERY card without at least pulling 1 SR...I don't think there will be one. It would be english exclusive if it was and then people would be raging...>_>

Well it would be kinda weird to release SR Mewoth next set, skipping a SR for a set. But then again, calling this bunch of garbage a set is even weirder.

82-unfezant.jpg

*happiest grin*

Also to the people whining and moaning that the set 'isn't good', take a look at the source of a lot of these cards. A lot of the cards that have been packed in as fillers come from promotional cards. Hate repeating myself but I always have to drill the message home that: promotional are made to be promotional in Japan, not playable, so...

well i'm trying to find a way to make use of Krookodile and Excadrills discarding energy tactics.

i've already built up a rough deck for these 2 new best of buddys, using Crushing hammer and lost remover as well, to get more energy discarded!

the only problem is Yanmega, which dosn't need energy to attack and has Fighting resistance. better throw some Ruins of Alph in there, just in case.

A lot of filler in this set for sure, and to be honest most of the good cards here arguably should have been in the first B&W set. Can't wait til they bring Red Collection over though.

Okay, seriously... I love this set. The female Unfezant, the summer Deerling/Sawsbuck, using the alternate artwork from the Patrat/Pidove BW-P Promos, and also using Minccino/Zorua/Pansage as the blister promos... as a collector I just love that TPCi actually has been giving us almost every card that Japan has gotten so far. It's great. And the set in general has awesome artwork. I'm sorry for the players who get a set that isn't very playable, but I'm loving the set as a fan of the pretty pictures. :D

Johto-Master said:
Well it would be kinda weird to release SR Mewoth next set, skipping a SR for a set. But then again, calling this bunch of garbage a set is even weirder.

Lol but...but...I like this set. Heck it even has some playable cards. As Frost said...this set is a collectors wonderland (GOD...all the cards are so awesomely beautifully amazing) but some things ARE playable.

catutie said:
Lol but...but...I like this set. Heck it even has some playable cards. As Frost said...this set is a collectors wonderland (GOD...all the cards are so awesomely beautifully amazing) but some things ARE playable.

The only playable cards it has are trainers, and there's only 2 of em.

You can't forget the meta breaking Mandibuzz/Sawk proving that luck doesn't matter when you put your entire game in it's hands.

This set is terrible, but it's a collector's galore, good artwork and the only things that are worth playing is Sheer Cold Beartic, Ability Gothellite, and Pokemon Catcher, so I probably won't go to the pre-releases.

Back