(2) America's BW7 Set Release Date, 'Dragons Exalted' Two-Pack Blister Features Excadrill [7/3]

Surge-N said:
I'm pretty sure everyone knows that there will be a name eventually. However, a name isn't set in stone from the off. Hence, I thought you were referring to whether it had been 'decided' yet. Sincerest apologies for not noticing the emphasis on the word 'known'. :)
The name is set in stone - TPCi has already printed the cards and booster packs. They aren't going to release the specific info to vendors yet though because they still want to focus on Dragons Exalted.

Mudkip711 said:
Why can't we just get packs the same day Japan gets them...

* Mudkip711 sighs

Because then we'd have to get the related games, movies, etc. at the same time as well. And as much as we'd all love that, it would be impossible.

EDIT: And yeah, it's not really a "two-pack blister" - it's a "one-pack blister that comes with a sampling pack".

If they easy their way into it it wouldn't be that impossible. Dx

I also didn't see it came with a sampling pack. Whoops.

Water Pokémon Master said:
The name is set in stone - TPCi has already printed the cards and booster packs. They aren't going to release the specific info to vendors yet though because they still want to focus on Dragons Exalted.

Yep, correct! It is, and I know that the name is set in stone, which is what I stated in my initial reply. I also mentioned that the name won't be released until sometime after Dragons Exalted is released:

Surge-N said:
There is a name, but it will be revealed in due course. Not before the release of Dragons Exalted, though.

I was just replying to 'Deus: Nightmare Autarch' because in his initial post I assumed he was asking whether the name itself was decided/confirmed, as opposed to the name being 'known' to the general public. :)

I was mostly just wondering or not why that, although they announced the set, they haven't thought of the name (or revealed it) yet. Ah well, I suppose it couldn't hurt to be patient and find out.
I'm done guessing these names; they're all so ridiculous...

Although this would probably NEVER happen, don't you guys think it would be cool if there were two mini-sets like the Japanese had? Like with the boosters boxes you'd get 18 packs of the Black Kyurem set and 18 packs of the White Kyurem set. Then the packs would only have two different artworks (both Kyurem) and the box art would be a mixture of yellow, red, and blue.

In reality though, the set name will probably be something corny with -EX.

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
I was mostly just wondering or not why that, although they announced the set, they haven't thought of the name (or revealed it) yet. Ah well, I suppose it couldn't hurt to be patient and find out.
I'm done guessing these names; they're all so ridiculous...

From a marketing standpoint, they want to make sure the attention is on the upcoming/current releases, so at the time of posting this message it would be Dark Explorers and Dragons Exalted. It's only a bit after Dragons Exalted they'd be keen to start the hype machine for the next one, or else it may divert attention away from a new set to a set that hasn't been released!

Personally, I would never have guessed the Dragons Exalted name. I am quite fond of it though, haha.

Mudkip711 said:
Although this would probably NEVER happen, don't you guys think it would be cool if there were two mini-sets like the Japanese had? Like with the boosters boxes you'd get 18 packs of the Black Kyurem set and 18 packs of the White Kyurem set. Then the packs would only have two different artworks (both Kyurem) and the box art would be a mixture of yellow, red, and blue.

In reality though, the set name will probably be something corny with -EX.
I like that idea! I suppose we get that sort of thing with promos (such as from McDonald's and the Black Stars) but it would be cool to have mini-sets with exclusive cards in each. May make it more affordable in some cases too, particularly if you're a beginner or just getting into either the game or collecting.

It will probably be called something like EX Plasma (reffering to the old Plasma members in the games) or EXtraordinary Plasma.

Brave Vesperia said:
It will probably be called something like EX Plasma (reffering to the old Plasma members in the games) or EXtraordinary Plasma.

We're talking about BW7, which would be America's Cold Flare/Freeze Bolt set. Not the Plasma one.

Mudkip711 said:
We're talking about BW7, which would be America's Cold Flare/Freeze Bolt set. Not the Plasma one.

My bad. In that case I can't think of any names with EX.

Not really sure if they'll continue with the EX naming considering this technically won't be a BW set, but rather a B2W2 set.
Could easily see them making it a new "base" set and just naming it Black 2 & White 2.

RE: (2) America's BW7 Set Release Date, 'Dragons Exalted' Two-Pack Blister Features E

Mudkip711 said:
You obviously don't know about Call of Legends. EP had Gothitelle, Beartic, Catcher, Tornadus, Thundurus, Bianca, Max Potion, and Cheren. Call of Legends had Pachirisu (all the other good cards were reprints so they don't count).

Aren't those the ones with only one pack though? I doubt a store would be selling 2 packs + 2 cards for $5 when the packs are around $4 themselves.

It comes with 1 pack a sample pack and 1 promo card. If there are extra cards your are blessed because when they package cards sometimes they add them by mistakes and means you got free cards XD. I remember when I got my metal EX tins and I got one tin in Canada and only got one Pikachu promo and one Meowth promo. Then I took a trip to Michigan in 2003 as our first stop as we went to Washington state as our destination when we were living in Canada at the time before we moved back here in 2006. I got the exact same tin at Wal Mart and I got 2 more Pikachu and Meowth Promos in that same type of tin. Also I got a bunch on EX Deoxys packs once and one of my packs had 10 cards in it rather than 9 cards. My Rares were Holographic Ludicolo Regular Skarmory and a Reverse holographic Ludicolo. It was the same one as the holo one I think or might have been the other one in the same set. The normally non holo one. Come to think of it I think it was the reverse holo Ludicolo of the regular holo because I traded my friend something for the non holo revers holo one ans I have all 4 Ludicolo's from that set. That means both holo and reverse holo of the first Ludicolo and then Reverse holo and non- holo of the 2nd Ludicolo. So yeah. There are mistakes like that. If they added 2 packs to these by accident that would be cool but I don't think so XD.:)

I have had one or two packs with an extra card, but if they accidentaly put in extra packs, that would just be sad (but who cares! free extra cards!).

My guess is Exuding Cold

Well, Exuding is kind of like exerting, so that makes sense. I like the names Extreme Cold and Frozen Extremities. But what's with all the extinction in the names? I doubt that there will be fossil pokemon in the set.

Back