• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

2 Decks which to play? Want Critique.

Which deck is better overall?

• Reshiboar

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Donchamp 1

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Donchamp 2

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Donchamp 3

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

Skelt0r

Aspiring Trainer
Hello everyone, this coming Saturday I will be playing in a big tournament with about 4 booster boxes on the line.
Now, I have only played in 2 tournaments so far. And I've only been playing pokemon for about 2-3 weeks.

The Meta for my LGS is friendly, without about 2-4 people who play tier decks, or so I've seen due to lack of experience. However, I know the main color is {L} lots of Zekrom, Magnezone, Dynamotor based decks.

I've mainly been playing Reshiboar. And I've only lost 3 times with the deck. So I present my list.

RESHIBOAR{R}

Pokemon -13

4 Reshiram BLW
3 Tepig BLW 16
2 Pignite BLW 17
2 Emboar BLW 20
1 Emboar BLW 19
1 Bouffalant BLW 91

Trainers -30

3 Rare Candy
3 Interviewer’s Questions
3 Pokémon Collector
3 Pokemon Catcher
3 Pokemon Communication
3 Professor Juniper
3 Fisherman
3 Professor Oak’s New Theory
2 Revive
2 Energy Retrieval
2 Switch

Energy -17

14 Fire Energy
3 Double Colorless Energy

NOTE: I've seen the main thing I lack sometimes is that extra bit of damage. I would feel that "Plus Power" would do that, however I've never tested with it, and it's mainly situational. Regardless I believe we could agree the decks needs some minor fixes.

Now, I've had a deck I've been wanting to play. However, due to the card order being delayed I have not been able to. I present a few versions of a deck based around my favorite pokemon Machamp. The infamous Donchamp deck.
I ask that you the people decide which deck overall would do the best.
Thank you.

DONCHAMP 1{F}

Pokemon – 19

4 Phanpy HS/CL 66
3 Donphan Prime HS
3 Machop TM 67
2 Machoke TM 40
3 Machamp Prime TM 95
2 Zoura BLW 12(Promo)
2 Zoroark BLW 71

Trainers – 28

3 Pokémon Collector
3 Pokémon Communication
3 Pokemon Catcher
3 Professor Juniper
3 Professor Oak's New Theory
3 Cheren
3 Rare Candy
3 Professor Elm's Training Method
2 Plus Power
2 Switch

Energy – 13

10 Fighting Energy

DONCHAMP 2{F}

Pokemon – 19

1 Cleffa or Tyrogue
3 Phanpy HS/CL 66
3 Donphan Prime HS
3 Machop TM 67
2 Machoke TM 40
3 Machamp Prime TM 95
2 Zoura BLW 12(Promo)
2 Zoroark BLW 71

Trainers – 28

3 Pokémon Collector
3 Pokémon Communication
4 Pokemon Catcher
2 Professor Juniper
4 Professor Oak's New Theory
3 Cheren
3 Rare Candy
2 Professor Elm's Training Method
2 Plus Power
2 Switch

Energy – 13

10 Fighting Energy

DONCHAMP 3{F}

Pokemon – 18

3 Phanpy HS/CL 66
3 Donphan Prime HS
3 Machop TM 67
2 Machoke TM 40
3 Machamp Prime TM 95
2 Zoura BLW 12(Promo)
2 Zoroark BLW 71

Trainers – 29

3 Pokémon Collector
3 Pokémon Communication
3 Pokemon Catcher
2 Professor Juniper
4 Professor Oak's New Theory
3 Cheren
3 Rare Candy
2 Eviolite
2 Professor Elm's Training Method
2 Plus Power
2 Switch

Energy – 13

10 Fighting Energy

Your lists are missing one thing very vital: Junk Arm. Without it, you have to run more of the needed copies of Item cards which could go to more draw Supporters instead. Consider adding at least 3 in all your lists.

For your Reshiboar 3/2 Fisherman/Retrieval split may seem a bit too much, 2/1 should do the trick (with Junk Arms Retrieval should be reusable). If you meta is crawling with Lightning then I suggest your Donchamps instead of Reshiboar though.

For your last list, Eviolite only works on Basic Pokemon. I prefer your first Donchamp list but find room to fit in Cleffa and/or Pichu to help in setup.

Arcanyx said:
Your lists are missing one thing very vital: Junk Arm. Without it, you have to run more of the needed copies of Item cards which could go to more draw Supporters instead. Consider adding at least 3 in all your lists.

For your Reshiboar 3/2 Fisherman/Retrieval split may seem a bit too much, 2/1 should do the trick (with Junk Arms Retrieval should be reusable). If you meta is crawling with Lightning then I suggest your Donchamps instead of Reshiboar though.

For your last list, Eviolite only works on Basic Pokemon. I prefer your first Donchamp list but find room to fit in Cleffa and/or Pichu to help in setup.

So I guess for Donchamp 1

Remove -1 something and put in the Cleffa?

Also I know Junk Arm is good.

I just never had to use it I guess.

So it's kind of a naive practice.

Junk Arm would also be nice on the Reshiboar for multiple purposes catcher, rare candy, and if you want to bring in plus power there's another card JA is good for. Reshiram Ex could be an interesting play. I don't know too much about Reshiboar though so let's move on to Donchamp. Donchamp list 3 is my person favorite and consider it your best of the three. Although, I would look into Landorus for consistency on setups. He's a great starter and helps give you time to get setup properly.

I think in the current format that out of these decks you should use reshiboar. Take out Bouffalant (Totally unneeded) and Interveiwers. I play Reshiboar with Magnezone, ad I used to play this deck but it kinda stunk. I like RDL in Rehiboar and I think you need at the least 2 Junk Arms. Add sage's training, plus power and take out juniper .

You really need Junk Arm. It will improve the deck a lot, other than that, your lists look really good.

i think maybe if you have the resources to try to make D@D(Donphan and dragons) i think that deck could be a little bit better than donchamp lists at the moment, but thats just my opinion

My Donchamp cards weren't able to make it by Saturday. So... I am forced to play Reshiboar.
Here is the list I made.

RESHIBOAR{R}

Pokemon -13

4 Reshiram BLW
3 Tepig BLW 16
2 Pignite BLW 17
2 Emboar BLW 20
1 Emboar BLW 19
1 Cleffa

Trainers -33

3 Rare Candy
3 Pokémon Collector
3 Pokemon Catcher
3 Pokemon Communication
3 Professor Oak’s New Theory
3 Sage's Training
3 Junk Arm
2 Professor Juniper
2 Fisherman
2 Interviewer's Questions
2 Plus Power
2 Switch
1 Energy Retrieval

Energy -15

12 Fire Energy

If there is a lot of MEZ decks in your area, I would suggest something like this.
4-1-3/1 Emboar (Ability/Badboar)
3 Reshiram
1-1 RDL
1 Victini (V-Create)
1 Pichu
1 Cleffa

3 Pokemon Collector
4 PONT
4 Sage's Training
2 Fisherman
4 Rare Candy
3 Energy Retrieval