(2) Famitsu Pokemon Platinum Scans, Gamestop Deoxys Moveset and Held Item [6/11]

burnpsy said:
it might have different moves too...
Hmm, at most it will have two or three different level up moves and a few different TMs. The Deoxys's don't vary much and they have significantly different stats. If its movepool stays the same, then it will probably be OU [unless its stats are incredible].

burnpsy said:
NESFAN001 said:
I don't know if anyone noticed but they are all wearing warmer, winter clothes. Maybe climate change will be part of the story?

...did you even READ the story?
Um...Different clothes were mentioned but nothing about them being heavier , warmer clothes.

NESFAN001 said:
burnpsy said:
NESFAN001 said:
I don't know if anyone noticed but they are all wearing warmer, winter clothes. Maybe climate change will be part of the story?

...did you even READ the story?
Um...Different clothes were mentioned but nothing about them being heavier , warmer clothes.

OOPS, sorry... it wasn't there... I remember reading somewhere reliable that the region is getting colder in Platinum...
Kevvc said:
http://85.17.151.111/261650001-261700000/261655501-261655600/261655586_5_-tUm.jpeg

looks pretty fake to me...

OOPS, sorry... it wasn't there... I remember reading somewhere reliable that the region is getting colder in Platinum...
Thats okay. That would be cool if they did incorporate something like that.

burnpsy said:

Yeah, it's true. In Platinum the region has undergone climate change. This is the reason for the warmer clothing and some of the new characters being introduced are apparently present to study this cooling of Sinnoh's climate.

Let me get this right...
Shaymin remains in Land Forme in Diamond/Pearl
Shaymin remains in Sky Forme in Platinum

So, does Giratina remain in Another Form in Diamond/Pearl?
And it stays in Origin Forme in Platinum

Wow, I excepted Shaymin to change formes like Deoxys in diamond and Pearl. I have a Shaymin from the Japanese glitch. When I get Platinum, I'm going to trade over my Shaymin. I wonder if Shaymin will be available in the game. Wouldn't it be weird if Shaymin's sky forme was part flying type?

The new areas in the game will be cool. I wonder if it will be like the battle frontier. The different graphics for some of the screenshots are kind of weird. I wonder how many new places will there be.

The Poliwhirl Family (+ Crogunk) might indicate that Team Galatic might be using these pokemon. I'd take a Poliwag over Wrumple any day. Crogunk would be annoying. It looks like the Poli fammily is using Belly Drumb, all though it could be something other than that. It looks like they are engaged in battle. I wonder who it is against?

The blue looking 3D thing may be Giratina's Lost Zone. Perhaps that will be integrated into the game. It looks as if it throws all pokemon RPG game princeples out the window.

The charectors look like they are all dressed for Winter. Dawn has a scarf, boots, fuzzy hat, and long socks on. All though she is wearing a skirt, the socks come up pretty high, not to mention that the skirt seems like it is insolated. Lucas has on some cozy looking pants, and has a jacket on. Rival, well, he looks like he lost weight. As if he needs to be skinier -___-

The castle thing may be the new Battle thing (ie, BF in Emerald). Then again, it could be a very elaborate gym.

Perhaps Giratina will be in Origin form in Platinum, and be normal form in DP.

As for Deoxys, I think it will be awesome. I never got an Eon ticked. Plus, if I did, I'd need to spend hours tossing Ultra Balls at it. Perhaps they gave it NeverMeltIce because it is in Space, and it found a hunk of frozen space debree?

abaxter94 said:
As for Deoxys, I think it will be awesome. I never got an Eon ticked.

Actually, the Eon ticket was to catch Latias or Latios in Ruby and Sapphire. It was the Aurora ticket that takes you to Birth Island in FRLG and Emerald to catch Deoxys.

Mercy said:
Wow, I excepted Shaymin to change formes like Deoxys in diamond and Pearl. I have a Shaymin from the Japanese glitch. When I get Platinum, I'm going to trade over my Shaymin. I wonder if Shaymin will be available in the game. Wouldn't it be weird if Shaymin's sky forme was part flying type?
From what I've heard, it is available in-game and it is part Flying-type.

Well, look at it this way: They have Giratina's new forme in-game, they have Regigigas's new forme in-game, why wouldn't they have Shaymin's new forme in-game? Darkrai isn't linked to the other two.

They already showed Giratina's new forme in the wild. I can't see how they'd leave Shaymin's new forme out. It's a part of the storyline...

Kevin Garrett said:
Mercy said:
From what I've heard, it is available in-game and it is part Flying-type.

I don't think so. I think it's pretty safe to say that Shaymin will remain event exclusive and not catchable in-game.

Then how can they advertise it's new form with in-game screenshots? That's a tease. They only do that if you have access to it. :[

Kevin Garrett said:
Then how can they advertise it's new form with in-game screenshots? That's a tease. They only do that if you have access to it. :[

Take a closer look at the screens, they're not in-game they have Wi-Fi bars.

They're only showcasing it at the moment because of the new movie, it's not being implied anywhere that it'll be a part of Platinum's story.

Back