(2) Genesect Trailer, Gotta Catch Em All [9/9]

So...gotta catch em all!? WTF was that video? It gave me goosebumps of fear with the thought of seeing more of Ash. No words can describe it.
The Pokémon franchise seems to be going through a major bet when in terms of games, anime, etc.. We have XY, new season of the anime, new anime/special, those screenshots (Lucario vs Blaziken) of a possible game. Who can say what more is to come?

Please keep this mewtwo with a cool bamf female voice. She has such a regal voice in the Japanese one and there are plenty of VAs that can match it perfectly.

Am I the only one that thinks that gottacatchemall is website where people can watch all pokemon episodes?

I think Pokemon knows what they are doing here. Sneaking a clip of a new Pokemon in with the last Pokemon Direct, leaking a video. Is it possible that this was an intentional leak? Look at them sneaking Professor Oak in there with the "XY1012" screen. They know that we'll stop the video and look these things up from watching the fans react over many years.

"It must be really exhilarating for those people who enjoyed Pokemon Red and Blue" - Satoru Iwata, Pokemon Direct 9.4.13

Pokemon knows that with the Megas, Kanto starters, and a lot of other things they are bringing both their older and younger fanbase together very well with X/Y. A lot of my friends who haven't played Pokemon in years are suddenly interested again. The reinstatement of the "Gotta catch 'em all" motto and references to the first seasons of Pokemon are probably to bring back a sense of familiarity to fans who may have left the series for many years/bring back memories from the older fans. Additionally, this will introduce "Gotta catch 'em all" to a new generation of Pokemon fans. It's seems almost like a call to arms - "Be ready to catch a ton of Pokemon, fans!". I wonder if there will be an obscene amount, including all of these Megas...? They could be adding a lot this time! Ishihara said in the last Pokemon Direct, "As a player, it's fun to imagine how each Pokemon will turn out with Mega evolution. I want to see what happens to every single Pokemon." Hmm... how will this tie in with "Gotta catch 'em all"?

Daelum said:
Something about Genesect being from 300 million years ago and it looking like it is technological and made of metal doesn't add up to me.

It's pretty clear that it's an ancient Pokemon modified/boosted with modern technology. In fact there is a popular theory about Genesect originally being Kabutops due to the similar bodies as well as the fact that Kabutops and Genesect's Pokedex entries are the only ones mentioning them being 300 million years old.

Skulblaka_Shur said:
And people said the anime couldn't be synced up. This just proved that, even if it won't happen, it's POSSIBLE.

Eh. For one thing, while totally impressive that they'll have the dub out two days later, this is just a special one-off thing that was probably planned out meticulously. For another, the dub still has about three months worth of episodes to get through before it catches up to the Japanese version. That is probably a much bigger hurdle to overcome than the time it takes to dub something because TV has contracts and networks order a certain number of episodes for the television year, etc. They couldn't just spam through those dozen episodes in a week or two, which is something Kids WB loved to do back in the day, without having to air three months of reruns afterward.

KiKi said:
That's always how I pronounced its name. Like genesis.

I'm excited to see this movie. I can already tell it'll be way better than the Keldeo movie was.

anything is better than the Keldeo movie
even twilight beats it

I'm guessing that the mishap is going to be used as a comercial on Cartoon Network for a Pokémon marathon or something. Otherwise I can't wait for this movie! I was hoping that we would here Mewtwo's voice and it seems as though Ash does remember Mewtwo (though I'm probably wrong, then again, I could be right?).

Momaster12 said:
I'm guessing that the mishap is going to be used as a comercial on Cartoon Network for a Pokémon marathon or something. Otherwise I can't wait for this movie! I was hoping that we would here Mewtwo's voice and it seems as though Ash does remember Mewtwo (though I'm probably wrong, then again, I could be right?).

Ash mistakes it for the same Mewtwo from what I can tell.

That actually makes more sense. Also, I just realized, will we be getting the SP? It was actually good and seems like it could be really important to the back story of this Mewtwo. If we were to get it hopefully it will be in the very beginning of the movie, like Pikachu shorts. Which brings up the Eevee thing, will we be getting that (I doubt it)?

That trailer... I don't know how to describe it.

However, it seems not to be related to the anime. Since it is using "XY1012", I think it is referring to the video games. Maybe that is where we'll find a good resource for Pokedex stuff - Mega Evolutions or location data or stuff. It'd be helpful to create a resource for all fans to find out about the new Pokemon (since there are a lot of them now).

2nd guess would be a new GTS type of site or a community where players can trade with one another to catch them all.

3rd guess is the English domain name for Pokemon Bank.

The trailer was interesting in that it mostly videos from the older series. Charmeleon and the Soul Badge stuck out, which may make it seem like an anime thing. In fact, the latest video I saw was the Rotom one, which just aired recently.

I am excited for the movie and anime preview. It is a one-off thing to get a 2-day dub period, but the movie only took a few months to get dubbed, and the anime has been narrowing its gap for a while now. To suggest that it won't sync up pretty soon would be like saying they can't localize the game at the same time. It turns out that they can definitely do it.

I'm just hoping Ash gets a new voice actor and that we get to experience it within the next month-ish. The main reason I don't like Ash is because his voice makes him sound like he's learning the basics of Pokemon again and again--not the dialogue, just the tone he has. If Ash's voice meets with the awesomeness of his XY appearance, then I might watch the anime a little. It's so just cheesy when he's not in a league battling.

Thetwiggy13 said:
I'm just hoping Ash gets a new voice actor and that we get to experience it within the next month-ish. The main reason I don't like Ash is because his voice makes him sound like he's learning the basics of Pokemon again and again--not the dialogue, just the tone he has. If Ash's voice meets with the awesomeness of his XY appearance, then I might watch the anime a little. It's so just cheesy when he's not in a league battling.

I agree he should sound older at least because he looks older, but that doesnt necissarily mean new voice actor and firing the old guy, I imagine you wouldn't be a very good voice actor if you could only do 1 single voice.

I really hope they don't do the same with Genesect they did with Darkrai. That is, take what I could only guess where full sentences in the Japanese version and make him sound like a caveman in the dub.. There weren't subtitles on the one I watched though so maybe he always sounded like that?.. I dunno.

My biggest wish here is they keep that adorable little boy voice for the nice Genesect. <3

I really couldn't listen to more than 30 seconds of that autotuned Pokerap whatever.. Interested to see what comes of it though.

A new movie?
Meaning it has action combined with all the feels you can get?

I'm already excited.

The only thing I care about related to this movie is if we will get the Movie Mewtwo and Shiny Genesect events in the west or not...

Metalizard said:
The only thing I care about related to this movie is if we will get the Movie Mewtwo and Shiny Genesect events in the west or not...

Sadly we probably won't since we didn't get the shiny golurk and hydreigon.

(this part of the message was removed because I am dumb and did not even notice the mishap video was on the front page under the most recent post)

Well that was.... odd. Interesting. But mostly odd. I'm really left wondering what this whole GottaCatchEmAll.com thing is. A website just for anime episodes sounds probable. I would actually love this so I could get back into the anime again with the more current episodes.

Back