(2) Melee Pokemon Scramble Section, Video of Notched-Ear Pichu and Arceus Events in 'HG/SS' [6/18]

yaminokame said:
Shining Suicune said:
Water Pokémon Master said:
If he's taking you back in time to before the world was born, why is there snow and a man-made temple? o_O
Time paradox. Duh. How else would there be 2 Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina?

When has it ever been stated that only 1 of each exist?
They rule Time and Space. And if they're fighting, then how come there's not an army of Dialga vs. an army of Palkia?

Shining Suicune said:
yaminokame said:
Shining Suicune said:
Water Pokémon Master said:
If he's taking you back in time to before the world was born, why is there snow and a man-made temple? o_O
Time paradox. Duh. How else would there be 2 Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina?

When has it ever been stated that only 1 of each exist?
They rule Time and Space. And if they're fighting, then how come there's not an army of Dialga vs. an army of Palkia?

It's just a representation :/ Nothing said that they are as abundant as Zubat :p If these Pokemon that you are supposed to be VERY lucky to even get a glimpse at in the Pokemon world because they are so rare that they are Legendary, then you know theres not going to be armies of them :p Just by saying that Dialga and Palkia rules Time and Space, doesn't have to equal only one does. In general, the species rule their respective things :p

Just a random thought, but it looks like theres something like a temple under Mt. sliver, under the cloud.
And I don't remember that being there on the older maps, nor in the game.
But I haven't been to Mt. sliver in eons so eh. Just a thought.

I seriously can't wait for HG/SS, I mean, It'll probably be the best Pokemon game yet.
The thought of having three palkias makes me even more excited =D
And I love the new HP bars.

yoyofsho16 said:
OH MY GOD the people in the video were so whiny sounding! I flinched like 4 times.

I love these Japan shows. :]

Anyway, the HP bars look cleaner and more refined than in D/P. I wonder if those are new attack animations as well. That'd be awesome. Unown is cool, but I love how Arceus covers Gold completely from view. >:[ Stupid Pokemon following behind you.

I'll have to look at that Scramble page later. It has something to do with the wind-up toys I know it.

dmaster out.

RE: (2) Melee Pokemon Scramble Section, Video of Notched-Ear Pichu and Arceus Events

FireMeowth said:
Mechanos7 said:
Just a random thought, but it looks like theres something like a temple under Mt. sliver, under the cloud.

That would be the Pokémon League.

Oh crud I totally forgot that.
Now I really wonder where that temple is. I doubt its Sinnoh though.

From reading the Scramble page, I have to say this game sounds EXTREMELY REPITIVE. And that's saying something for a Pokemon game. It sounds too easy in a dungeon where you can't lose and you have to play THROUGH THE WHOLE GAME to unlock the more recent Pokemon. I have to say, this game fails so far. The only thing I like about this game is that Gyarados is a final boss in one of the areas.

dmaster out.

Oh, man... That Arceus event thing looks awesome. I'm still trying to hear all the music from the video, but the peoples' voices are too loud compared to the low volume of the game music. It's cool (and expected) that Arceus floats behind you, instead of walking (though, that's how it looked on the video, I'm not totally sure yet)... Can't wait to have it follow me around! D:

Anyways, it's also cool to see that Notched Ear Pichu has a sprite all to itself - it's differnet than the Pikachu-colored (shining) Pichu sprite, which will most likely be the same as the normal Pichu sprite.

Man, I don't know what you guys are all so upset about. They haven't changed anything - so far they've just added a lot. As far as I'm concerned, the more content the better. Don't act like these extra features (that likely aren't even available until after the Elite 4) are going to ruin your game - 'cause you know that's bull. :p

And on a totally unrelated thought - I'm beginning to think this game is going to parallel the original games a lot - and I don't mean about content (that's a given) - I'm referring to the role it had in the series, the effect it had on future games, and most importantly how it changed the series.

There's obviously a pattern in Nintendo / Gamefreak's game releases - everyone knows that - but just to reiterate....

Generation 1
Pokemon Red/Green/Blue
Introduces the games that start the trend - 150 monsters, 8 gyms, and a goal; catch 'em all.
Pokemon Yellow
Less of a new game and more of a fun upgrade to the source material (R/G/B in this case). Changes include mostly cosmetic upgrades and nothing gameplay-changing. The game differs from the source material greatly in direct relation to the "icon" characters of that generation (in this Charizard/Venussaur/Blastoise - the starters - are replaced entirely by a new starter, but allow you to collect the others later on). The story/background of the source material is greatly expanded upon and altered in some way.

Generation 2
Pokemon Gold/Silver
Is a direct sequel the previous generation in every way. The story naturally concluded what canonically happened in the past (events of R/G/B are referred to in the past and their results are shown). An obvious connection to the previous generation's characters are implied. New evolutions are added, a new breeding mechanic is added, and plenty of graphical updates are implemented. Not to mention a fresh new set of 8 new gym leaders and 100 new Pokemon to boot. It changed the way we played Pokemon.
Pokemon Crystal
Again, a fun upgrade to the source material (G/S). Changes include mostly cosmetic upgrades (nicer, animated sprites, etc.) but nothing gameplay-changing. The game differs from the source material greatly in relation to the "icon" characters of that generation (in this case Ho-oh / Lugia, are no longer the focus and it instead shifts to a different legendary - Suicune). The story/background of the source material is greatly expanded upon and altered in some way.

Now, think of that as the first "cycle". Watch how generation 3 and 4 are (so far) paralleling the 1st and 2nd.

Generation 3
Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire
Re-introduces the franchise back to gamers who had been starved of the series for so long - 135 (pretty close to 150) monsters are added to the mix , 8 new gyms, a tons of new mechanics.
Pokemon Emerald
Fun upgrade to the source material (R/S). Changes include mostly cosmetic upgrades but nothing gameplay-changing. The game differs from the source material greatly in relation to the "icon" characters of that generation (in this case Kyogre / Groudon are no longer the focus and it instead shifts to a different legendary - Raquaza). The story/background of the source material is greatly expanded upon and altered in some way.
Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen
A remake of the original series. The same story and events are retold but with more depth and a greater focus on connecting them to the previous generations/regions. Many new features are introduced to streamline gameplay and add new standards for the series (from item graphics to the journal). The games really ironed-out and improved the engine for this generation greatly and give it a brand new polish.

Generation 4
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
Is a direct sequel the previous generation in every way. The story referenced and hinted at what canonically happened in the past (events of R/S/E are referred to and their effects are shown). An obvious connection to the previous generation's characters are implied. New evolutions are added, a new fighting mechanic is added, and plenty of graphical updates are implemented. Not to mention a fresh new set of 8 new gym leaders and 107 new Pokemon to boot. It changed the way we played Pokemon. Again.
Pokemon Platinum
A gorgeous, fun upgrade to the source material (D/P). Changes include mostly cosmetic upgrades (more detailed, animated sprites, etc.) but nothing gameplay-changing. The game differs from the source material greatly in relation to the "icon" characters of that generation (in this case Dialga / Palkia, are no longer the focus and it instead shifts to a different legendary - Giratina). The story/background of the source material is greatly expanded upon and altered in some way.
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver
A remake of the original sequel. The same story and events are retold but with more depth and a greater focus on connecting them to the previous generations/regions (as we've seen with Arceus with the Unknown, Cynthia, and more). Many new features are introduced to streamline gameplay and add new standards for the series (Pokemon following you to better use of the touch screen). The games really ironed-out and improved the engine for this generation greatly and give it a brand new polish.

Sorry for the long post. But does anyone agree with me?

Awesome. I wondered about that area he mentioned in the HG/SS forum. I guess kanto still is not confirmed. Well accoeding to a few anyway. In my mind it is however. There is enough evidence that Kanto will be in the game. I just hope it is.:)

Kanto has to be in there, or the game won't feel complete. They're going to keep Johto the same as much as possible, so catching some of those Dongle Pokémon and Rare Pokémon from D/P/Pt are going to be native to Kanto.

As for that Arceus advent, that is so COOL! At first I wasn't going to pick Giratina, because you can't False Swipe it, but now I see it will hatch from an egg.:D

Can't wait for these events! :D they are going to be awesome! Just hoping they get to Europe

EDIT: wasn't Oak telling about white rock in Kanto enough proof that it's going to be in this remake?

Having a Raichu with pain split sounds incredibly appealing. To bad you can't get both pain split and surf on the same move set. At least you can still have volt tackle.

If you're talking about Pokémon Scramble, I'm pretty sure the Pokémon look exactly the same as they do in Ranch, so you could look that up if a page isn't added.

they do look like the pokemon from ranch.maybe the pichu event will posibly ativate celebi.......maybe.

I don't understand the gist of Pokemon Melee! Scramble. Sounds like a mixture of PBR and the Pokemon game series (the cartridge games).

Back