(2) Platinum's English Release Date, Next TCG Set Name [12/9]

RE: (1) Next TCG Set Name [12/9]

Woot. Awesome. A slight-approximation of Platinum's release date, and the new TCG set name. This'll be great!

Too bad I didn't post the TCG story yesterday. XD I wasn't sure if the name was correct.

Heh, I saw that you were getting ready to post it, and I refreshed the main page for about an hour until you edited the title of the last thread.

Also, March 22nd...Nice date.

I don't like Charon as a name...Pluto was better, plus, it sounds feminine. And Distortion World? I guess it's okay. I'd much rather have Ruined World or Lost Zone.

March 22nd sounds like a good date to me. 1month earlier than the release of D/P. I guess we can expect some news on Shaymin and Regigigas very soon. The question is though, as Regigigas was an event for when you pre-ordered tickets to see the 11th movie, will a similar thing be done excepct with Platinum?

Noice, I may not have to wait so long before I get a new DS then, since my last one was stolen...I wonder if they will release a special DS for it, like the white Giratina DS I've seen

Nice, March 22nd! *marks calendar*

In a few days time, I'll start pestering GameStop to find out when Platinum gets in their computers. I'll be reserving it as soon as it does. =D

Maybe they'll be releasing the DsI at the same time? Didn't they say it was coming out in the Spring of 2009?

why do pokemon games always release in spring yet we hear about them in liek that summer of the previous year, i mean why the huge gap between Japan's rlease and the US i was kinda hoping that Platinum would be released by January or February...same for the DSi

Cue the hyperventilation.

They should have kept Torn World if you ask me. Also, $35? Nice. Here is the page.
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Pokemon-Platinum-Nintendo-DS-045496740177/sem/rpsm/oid/232753/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Everything's good except the change from Handsome to Looker. I mean, seriously!? LOOKER!? What were they thinking!? Next thing ya know, Handsome's Investigation will be Looker's Study!

...anyway, glad to see the set, movie, and game are all coming out around the same time period. I wonder if shaymin and giratina will be in DP: Platinum. The movie and the game should be released a month after the set comes out, and you guys know how PUSA likes to release the things around the same time. I'm serious, if shaymin's delayed again, I'll go insane.

Tobi_Akatsuki said:
why do pokemon games always release in spring yet we hear about them in liek that summer of the previous year, I mean why the huge gap between Japan's rlease and the US I was kinda hoping that Platinum would be released by January or February...same for the DSi

Dude thats the power of Japan! Also there's this thing called "translation," which actually takes quite a while to do. Plus they probably have to make sure that there isn't any "inappropriate" content that they have to take out (POKEMON WITH BLOODSHED, WOOT!) I could be wrong, but thats just my theory. So dude, don't act impatient if the release dates between Japan's and USA's are different.

GamerFreaker said:
Tobi_Akatsuki said:
why do pokemon games always release in spring yet we hear about them in liek that summer of the previous year, I mean why the huge gap between Japan's rlease and the US I was kinda hoping that Platinum would be released by January or February...same for the DSi

Dude thats the power of Japan! Also there's this thing called "translation," which actually takes quite a while to do. Plus they probably have to make sure that there isn't any "inappropriate" content that they have to take out (POKEMON WITH BLOODSHED, WOOT!) I could be wrong, but thats just my theory. So dude, don't act impatient if the release dates between Japan's and USA's are different.

This post, I admit, made me lol.

But yes, the big time gap is all the translation work in the back end, not to mention Platinum features a whole new Wi-Fi system for events which has to be tested and activated in English and a whole heap of other things.

How will the Regi's be handled in english due to lack of an event Regigigas that triggers the caves outside of Japan, how will Shaymin become sky forme without a Japanese Movie Shiemi (since the Glacidia Flower is locked off to that Shiemi only). When will the wifi items be released and will they be through the new worl-wide distribution or horribly limited to local wi-fi (Rotom Key and Member's Card). They plot most of that out and do all the translation work. It's not a quick job. It'll be interesting to see if they'll gimp it or make it work really well. Not to mention getting their own servers up to handle wi-fi underground and the new mini-games area et al..

The best thing to come about from Platinum was the faster back-end engine (NOT a GBA engine. Running and surfing = so much faster), the new story of course, but also the Wi-Fi event service which meant that I could join in on events all the way down in Australia here. If they gimp that, I'm going to be seriously miffed.

Well. Means Europe can look forward to getting that set and the game somewhere around August -.-

Wow, I didn't expect this to be the news today. xD I was hoping for a leak on the 12th Movie, or something.

But this is better. :D I'm glad they kept the box art for Platinum the same, though I guess I really didn't expect them to change it.

I'll be fine with Charon, but "Looker"? C'mon, that's just plain bad. :/

Awfully weird that PUSA did not have anything about Platinum on their site yet, lol now PUSA is having Circuit City, a company that filed for bankruptcy, reveal their games. Also, "Looker"? That is just creepy...sounds like Michael Jackson went undercover and used that as his codename.

AquaMan1997 said:
Awfully weird that PUSA did not have anything about Platinum on their site yet, lol now PUSA is having Circuit City, a company that filed for bankruptcy, reveal their games. Also, "Looker"? That is just creepy...sounds like Michael Jackson went undercover and used that as his codename.

x'D Michael Jackson... Gosh, hopefully he gets a name change, or I'll forever think of Detective Handsome as Michael Jackson, constantly overlooking my actions in Platinum.

Xous said:
AquaMan1997 said:

x'D Michael Jackson... Gosh, hopefully he gets a name change, or I'll forever think of Detective Handsome as Michael Jackson, constantly overlooking my actions in Platinum.

LOL...when I heard Handsome, I just thought of some egomaniac..but Looker just sounds pervertish to me...

C'mon Looker... That is plain weird for a guys name.. Distortion World.. Better Torn/Rined World (Shorter).

If the DP : Platimum consist of many SP Pokemon it will not be suitable for the Sets name

I think All Rotom will be in that Set

Back