(2) Video Game Championship Locations and Rules Announced, More B/W Scans [4/19]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year we hit no where near cap at Nationals. I know because I worked VGC Nats last year.

Welcome to Canada, home of NOT EVEN ONE VGC. Not even Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Vancouver, NOWHERE IN CANADA...

Chicago is a fairly large city, and it's in the midwest. Or even St. Louis. Either one would have worked and both are a lot closer than Dallas to Minnesota.

Oh well, it's not like we NEED to go on even longer road trips.

Card Slinger J said:
What I really dislike about this years VGC's is that it's Single Elimination instead of Swiss. My area who runs DS Tournaments for Pokemon has been doing Swiss Rounds instead of Single Elimination and I don't see a point in making it Single Elimination just to ruin the fun for players who don't make the top cut. What's the point of making the tournament shorter If they can't play all their rounds? That's just stupid.
The single elimination system is a harsh, but effective rule. The idea that they are trying to enforce is that you should only turn up if you think you can give winning a shot or if you want to go and hang with fellow Pokémon fans. Pokémon VG is nothing like TCG, as TCG the outcome can be changed, in VGC you only have six Pokémon to choose from and if you happen to face the person again in the top cut the outcome would be different as both players would know what Pokémon they have.

WiFi is always available for those who think they won't make it to the top cut of the VGC.

Actually the preliminary rounds are swiss and there's a Last Chance Qualifier at both Regionals and Worlds, because I'm not driving up to San Jose.

Only Unova pokemon allowed? No Garchomp? Lucario? Heatran?
Or can you use migrated pokemon?
Are Dream World Pokemon allowed?

Only numbers #495 to #642, and #645. Nothing before, nothing after.

Edit @MotorRotom: Yeah, I meant #645 as well. I thought Landorus came right after the first two, and not after Reshiram and Zekrom. Such an odd order they have here, even if it does make sense.

Mew the source of all said:
Actually the preliminary rounds are swiss and there's a Last Chance Qualifier at both Regionals and Worlds, because I'm not driving up to San Jose.
I think you mean there are LCQ's at Nationals, there definitely isn't LCQ's at Regionals. Swiss preliminary rounds are only at US Nationals and Worlds, not at Regionals.

I'm not even sure I'm going. My mom is expecting people to camp out in line, but I think the senior division won't be camping.
Are people really going to do it?

P.S. Is there a thread for discussing VGC teams? If so, I doubt many do it in case they meet that same person.

Last year, no one camped out. There are people who come 1-3 hours ahead of time, but otherwise, no one camped. I went an hour early, got in without a problem.

Um, Mike Liesik has already talked about the regional locations here, and there is the same amount of locations for VGC this year as last year. They just moved the southwest regional to the east.

Yeah looks like they're taking way more people this year in each age division than the amount of people that showed up at each event last year. In other words, there should be plenty of room.

I'm going to "May 28th, Dallas, TX — Arlington Convention Center, Grand Hall" <-- That one

The nearest one to me is about 800 miles away. So don't plan on seeing me at one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back