2008 iandavidvinoya's Card Faking Contest: Round 4 has started (Deadline Tuesday, 9-30)

RE: 2008 iandavidvinoya's Card Faking Contest: Round 1 ends on Fri 9/12

Here's my card.

InfernapeCard.jpg

In case you dont get what the poke-body means, its a martial arts style

You should really cut down the size of the whole card. That's wayyyy big..

If I'm not mistaken, I posted the proper size of the cards somewhere in this thread. Please refer to it.
NOTE:
FOR THE NEXT ROUNDS, I WILL STRICTLY IMPLEMENT THE ONE (1) WEEK PERIOD FOR EACH ROUND. FAILURE TO SUBMIT WITHIN THE TIME PERIOD WILL RESULT INTO DISQUALIFICATION IN THAT ROUND. PLEASE BE REMINDED THAT DISQUALIFICATION WILL RESULT TO A ZERO (0) GRADE. PLEASE BE PUNCTUAL. THANK YOU!:)

So how man is there to submit/ resize now?

typhlosioncontest01ep2.jpg

I finally got the flavor text font! So here's my entry.

Do you have any sources where you can find (evocons) holo marks for your cards, iandavidvinoya? The ones I found aren't that great.

Well, I'm done with my scores.
I'm just waiting for Prof.Shinx's card.

I wanna see the scores already! lol

Dude, just end it today. You gave people a week and a half to turn something in already, if they didn't turn something in by now, just DQ them as it seems that they're not taking it seriously..

That's unfair. He's set a deadline and should stick to it. I was a late entry tbh, what if I'd been disqualified on account that I was taking too long therefore "not taking it seriously", when I'd expected to use the full allotted time to make a good card?

Stick to the deadline.

Ok but still. 2 weeks to complete 1 fake card? When the text and symbols (thanks to you) are given? I totally agree with taking your time on something, but 2 weeks to come up with a good attack and picture doesn't seem that hard. It's not like you have to lay it out yourself, there's a template,and all you need to do is follow it.

eh, that's just my opinion.

BTW: What text are you using now for the cards FangKing?

I use variants of Gill Sans for most of the text, Futura for the Illus: text, HP and any other instance of numbers (set/promo number, damage, LV., although the letters "LV." are still a condensed bold Gill Sans). For the data bar underneath the art box, I'm not sure what the exact font is but plain old Arial seems to work best for me, and Sanvito Pro Caption with faux italic is the flavor text font.

It takes me anywhere from 10mins to 3hrs+ to make a fake card.
But, since I don't have the right font....I stick to useing Arial Bold.
Anyways, we're just waiting on 1 member who's away at a School Camp until the weekend.
*Heck, I'm working on a fake as I'm posting this up....I might start up a fake set for them.*

Okay, If you want next time I'll only set a 3 day deadline.
I'll post all scores maybe tomorrow. Just waiting for all judes to submit their grades.

I have a question. I downloaded your font but how can you put it in a document. My program doesn't carry that font and besides paint, what other programs can you use to make pokemon cards in? I want to revolutionize from my old card making style.

iandavidvinoya said:
Okay, If you want next time I'll only set a 3 day deadline.
I'll post all scores maybe tomorrow. Just waiting for all judes to submit their grades.

THANK YOU!
I want to see how badly I did

Can i join? Here is my entry.
(Attached.){P}{P}{P}
It's a gengar Level X.

Attachments

• GengarX.png
    GengarX.png
    355 KB · Views: 20

Tomorrow will not be the deadline. Due to other contestants who are still not submitting entries. But, I'll post the grades of the contestants (who submitted early with plus 10 bonus) according to rank. Judges who did not submit their grades will have their grades generated by getting the average of the judges who submitted their grades (this is done to maximize the points over the 50 points limit per round). Judges who failed to submit may still continue to grade next round. Please to all, abide by the rules.

EDIT: Here are the current scores of those who submit (with the 10 points bonus):
1. George2Fresh 49
2. Groudon465 36
3. luckyluigi7 30
4. Peta 26
5. pikachu4461 25
Judges who failed to submit their grades can still submit the grades for this round (this time only, due to the extension made). The grades are generated by averaging the grades of the judges who submit.

Where did the 10 points bonus come from...? Had you said that there'd be a 10 points bonus for any submissions coming early, I'd have submitted early myself. But such a bonus was never mentioned in the rules and therefore should not exist.

All cards submitted within the specified deadline (before TOMORROW) should be allowed the same chance.

The next round had better be managed more efficiently than this.

Back