(3) Galactic's Conquest, Next Year's Format Worldwide, Legends Awakened Blister Featuring Latias

While I'm glad every one is going to be playing with the same format.. I was hoping that we would have less sets retired like Japan had been doing.

I actually like the character named pokemon, so I'm excited about this set!

I can't wait for the blister pack that will come oiy and the news sounds pretty good for the future sets.:)

RE: (3) Galactic's Conquest, Next Year's Format Worldwide, Legends Awakened Blister F

im so gonna get the galactic conquest set when it comes out hihi.

They should re-print "Here Comes Team Rocket." ... Just because. Even though it's a Team Galactic set. :D

Now that they've decided that "t" stands for "Platinum," the naming scheme is really starting to mess with me. Diamonds and pearls are at least stones or stone-like objects, and platinum-- well, it's a metal. And it apparently makes abbreviating things kind of funny.
I shall now have to go live out my day in utter confusion!

Will Shaymin sky form be a Lv.X card in Galactic's Conquest? It's written there will be two special cards in Lv.X so i think it's about Giratina Origin Form and Shaymin Sky Form.Can you tell me please?

Oh, joy. Another Owner's Pokémon set that goes virtually unused in the Modified format for that very reason: they're Owner's Pokémon. I'm glad there are only five LV.Xs, for a start, and I'm interested to see what these SP-Pokémon are, but I don't have high hopes for them being anything interesting. Also, assuming this set includes Dark Pokémon, expect some reprints from Team Rocket. Dark Raichu for the win.

As for the release dates...we'll undoubtedly get IFDS in November. It'll just be less a few cards - both the Shaymin, Shaymin LV.X, both Giratina, both Dialga, Regigigas and Regigigas LV.X. I also desperately hope most of the theme deck cards (excluding the ones mentioned) get put into POP Series 9, because if our IFDS ends up with three Voltorb, two Electrode, three Duskull, two Dusclops and two Ducknoir, I'll be very disappointed. I disliked several EX series expansions for exactly that reason. I mean, two Dusknoir wouldn't be a problem, nor would two Electrode or (I guess) two Dusclops. But three of the same shouldn't happen. The set list for EX Ruby & Sapphire was awful.

As for the choice to make the first Platinum set a Galactic's one...bad choice. DPt1 shoulda been Platinum, DPt2 could be Galactic's.

That's my opinions. I'll wait until we know more to make a better post, but on first information, sounding a bit "meh".

Theres most likely going to be all past Team Galactics trainers + any future ones andthe trainers in the set are only TG ones and none of the stuff like potion.... and maybe Team Galactics Pokemon like Team Rocket Returns!!! :O

i have always hoped they would do that since i found out TG was the baddies....

- all that talk aboot nothing ;P

I expect we'll get a cut version of IDFS for our next set (minus Shaymin and its X, possibly Regigias, it isn't an event Pokémon is it ?), and then the Galatic one as our first 2009 set (or second, does our next come out before January). Anyway, the stuff sounds pretty nice in the Galatic set, looking forward to images.

RE: (3) Galactic's Conquest, Next Year's Format Worldwide, Legends Awakened Blister F

they messed something up...
if they are making a giratina origin form lv x why did they make a regular shaymin lv x instead of the sky form which is much more cooler.
and in the promo set they came as basic pokemon(sky form and origin from), instead of something like lv x, just to put them on a regular shaymin/giratina...

I do like the fact that the powers that be are standardizing the format. It makes it a lot easier to keep track of global metagames.

I'm also glad that a Team Galactic set's coming out. After all, Team Magma and Aqua had one, and Team Rocket had two, so why not Galactic? I hope it's every bit as good as Team Rocket Returns (and to some extent, TM/TA) was.

Back