(3) Landorus Promo, Different Zekrom Holo Treatments, Eeveelution Game Ending [5/1]

Water Pokémon Master said:
So you're saying that the original story was correct? So many contradictions!

That's exactly what I'm saying. I assure you, if one had been in the reverse holo slot I would have never posted anything more than, huh looks like our SR's get a reverse holo again and I wouldn't have missed its position in the pack.

daviduk2000 said:
i mentioned they might be Reverse holo versions ages ago in the thread about it.

also the Eveelutions game. i completed it ages ago. BUT havent got round to picking up the umbreon yet. does anyone know if i have to pick up my umbreon before 5th or will it be safe where it is.

If you read the Dream World site, it clearly states the promotion hasn't started yet, so there's nothing to give away.
The Eeveelution is saved (when you win it) to your Pokemon.com account and given when the promotion begins, whenever that might be (no start date has been given.)

amid the zekrom talks, i know for a FACT i pulled an all black one @ a PR, IDK which one it is, but thought i'd throw it out there.
In other news that Landorus looks okayish but not really meta.

This only relates to the Reshiram and Zekrom ultra rare cards?
What about the Pikachu?
Is there a difference between code packs and non code packs there?

Afro-G said:
Does anyone find it odd that, Simisage burns, Simisear puts pokemon to sleep, and Simipour takes advantage of grass energy?
Just something I noticed and think is weird because their effects don't really go with each other.

They probably did that to tell you "Hey, these cards are going to work awesomely together in one deck! See, their effects use other types of energy! And think of all the type coverage! You'll be unstoppable!*".

*Your mileage may greatly vary, as this is just a gimmick.

i think theres been too scarce of pikachu secret rares for people to have both types, if in fact there are any differences in the coded and non-coded packs

All the Full Arts I have are normal Holo. Hopefully I can get the RH versions lol.

dmaster out.

can we not call these two print versions Holo and RH, because theyre not.

its Gloss coated and Matte coated

It kind of disappoints me that all the Eeveelutions you get in the mini-game are male. At least I got Jolteon, who isn't as feminine as the other Eeveelutions.

The new cards look pretty cool. There sure lots of promos these days. I can remember promos once and awhile but now there are quite a few given at one time.:)

*And now for something completely different!*

About those Pizza-La cards, anyone think it might be possible that the existence of the Darumakka card might mean that Dento/Cilan will be getting a Darumakka soon? Considering that the other two cards are Pokemon owned by Ash and Iris, it might be something worth noting.

ogeray said:
let me confirm this once for all, having pulled multiples of both types.

ITS TWO DIFFERENT PRINT RUNS

first print run (everything without codes) - black zekrom aka GLOSSY RH FA's
second print run (everything WITH codes) - Grey zekrom aka MATTED FA's

people are just throwing random guesses out there

So there is no difference with Reshiram between the packs?

It's easier to say RH because one card has it shown fully through. Sorry if it's not "correct" by your standards. >_>

I would assume Reshiram has the same treatment as some people have already said they've gotten the other version. I don't think the code packs have really anything to do with it. As it says in the news story, it's the placement of the actual card in the pack.

Edit: Just reread it, I see. Nothing mentioned about codes though.

dmaster out.

That is strange. I have 1 Reshiram from a non code card pack and 3 from code card packs and I can not tell the difference.

dmaster said:
It's easier to say RH because one card has it shown fully through. Sorry if it's not "correct" by your standards. >_>

I would assume Reshiram has the same treatment as some people have already said they've gotten the other version. I don't think the code packs have really anything to do with it. As it says in the news story, it's the placement of the actual card in the pack.

dmaster out.

As it says in the new story, its not the placement of the card.
front page new:
"Zekrom is available in two holo styles depending on which print run your booster pack is from. "

its the print run. ("1st edition" print, 2nd edition "unlimited" print)

Your confusing more people by saying holo and RH full arts, dmaster.
Full arts all take up 1 spot in the booster packs (the rare spot if im not mistaken)

the reshiram has no noticeable difference from a distance as the background remains white. however upon close scrutiny and under the light, you can see the reflective background and the matted background

hope this can clear things up once and for all.
not sure how the front page news can be confused as its pretty explanatory

I didn't see that the news story had been changed to reflect that. Now I see what it means by the different prints. Either way, I'm still going to call it RH because 1. I can 2. it's easier for me because they're two different versions even though they're different holo styles.

dmaster out.

lol. to each their own ^_^

guess its safe to say that the first print run zekrom is going to go up in price?

Back