(3) Pokemon Game Show Reveals [8/16]

CaseyVGCx said:
ne0hbK0.jpg

You can find Wild Pokemon roaming in the grass.
You can find Wild Pokemon in tall grass?
You don't say.

Maybe we'll finally get Dragon Energy cards, I hated not being able to use some dragon types due to the variety of energy needed for them to attack. Anyways, mega evolution looks pretty cool as well! It sounds fairly decent for competitive battles too so sign me up! :D

Edit: Attacking the same turn you mega evolve will add some twists too. Especially if your defense stats change around and you can predict an opponent's attack (I assume that mega evolution will have +6 priority or something like that.) It should shake up competitive battling quite a bit.

Re: RE: (3) Pokemon Game Show Reveals [8/16]

don()shinobi said:
CaseyVGCx said:
ne0hbK0.jpg

You can find Wild Pokemon roaming in the grass.
You don't say.

You can see a physical model of a pokemon outside the grass, smart guy.
/sarcasm

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

CaseyVGCx said:
don()shinobi said:
You don't say.

You can see a physical model of a pokemon outside the grass, you supreme genius /sarcasm

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Sorry that I couldn't tell the little blip that looks just like a flower was actually a Pokemon. :p
Thanks for clarification. That's actually kind of cool.

Oh wow, nice info. I'll definitely watch Origins. I like how you can see pokemon models in the grass, a nice little detail I wanted for a while. And yay default running :D

Shiny Sylveon looks nice. Being colorblind to some degree I can't put my finger on what color it is when shiny. I'm figuring its blue or purple.

FENNEKIN CAN LEARN PSYBEAM.
NEW POKEMON ANIME SPECIAL.

My faith in humanity has been restored. Can it get any bett-*Sees shiny Sylveon*
*faints*

origins looks absolutely awesome. I'm very glad they changed the design of characters from the anime. Seems much more serious. I hope it goes off the manga because that stuff was goooood.
The screenshots of the game are beautiful as always, and running by default will be handy. I'm intrigued by the lucario/blaziken screenshot from another game. Probably for wiiU maybe the next stadium game? If you could actually control the pokemon(moving and other actions) that'd be awesome.
Revealing of fairy type pokemon for the tcg might mean the next set will hold a strong theme of fairy vs dragon. I'd be okay with that. And I'm hoping for more cards like Team Flare Grunt that could hold more control type deck.

jdivinity said:
Shiny Sylveon looks nice. Being colorblind to some degree I can't put my finger on what color it is when shiny. I'm figuring its blue or purple.

It's the opposite color scheme of its normal form.

Normally it's pink, with blue ear canals, eyes, and ribbon tips.
The shiny one is blue, with pink ear canals, eyes, and ribbon tips.

Can anyone confirm what Mewtwo's stats are, post Mega Evolution? Or is there no status screen available? I heard that its HP remains the same, but what about DEF and SPD and all that?

I really wanna know if Mega Evolution causes stat increases in areas besides what a Pokemon is said to specialize in.

Here's another video of the demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf_3TJzcIwc

It shows the main character riding skidoo!

TheAmazingDerpfish said:
Battle animations are 2fast, you can turn them off if you want.
Do you mean that they are very fast so people won't have to worry about battles taking long, but you can still turn them off if you want?
CaseyVGCx said:
cublnRR.jpg

Shiny Sylveon

-Hirobyte
https://twitter.com/Hirobyte/

That shiny sylveon is so great o grosh. I'm going to HAVE to get a shiny eevee.

Edit: Just thought of this: Can you attack AND THEN mega evolve?

Another thing I've noticed from the demo; the Mega Evolution is clearly activated by pressing a button on the touch screen, but in the demo Mewtwo would always Mega Evolve, even when the button wasn't pressed.

I'm hoping this is just a part of the demo, because why else would they add a button to activate Mega Evolution if it were always automatic?

Also, the HM move Rock Smash is clearly returning... during the part where the player is riding Rhyhorn, you can clearly see a large rock blocking a set of stairs.

AWESOME XY FOOTAGE - really liked the fainting and trainer victory/defeat animations

A POKEMON ANIME FAITHFUL TO THE GAMES - good lord I don't care if it's 2 episodes long, anything that departs from the usual anime is a dream come true. The only thing that could possibly make me more excited is if the world of the anime was laid out just like Kanto from Red and Green

A CONSOLE POKEMON FIGHTING GAME - or so I'm choosing to believe :p

Could today be any better in terms of news?

Back