(3) Second Mr. Hidaka Interview Tomorrow, Interview with Masamitsu Hidaka at Anime Expo, Site Downti

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: (2) Interview with Masamitsu Hidaka at Anime Expo, Site Downtime [7/3]

Finally the site is back. :O

I guess the only question I have atm is what are the ages of Ash, Brock, and Misty as of present. ;////

dmaster out.

How about ask about the success or reception of the Pokemon Chronicles series and if they ever considered bringing back that, or other episodes not showcasing just Ash & Co.

Definitely agree about the GS Ball and other plot devices that were just dropped (Prof. Ivy?) and if we should expect the same treatment for similar things like the Focus Band and soothe bell (Or Misty's Mystic Water from the Whirl Islands tourney).

Or why they decided to go with straight Gym Battles for the Battle Frontier instead of mixing up the battles like the actual places have.

porygandrew said:
How about ask about the success or reception of the Pokemon Chronicles series and if they ever considered bringing back that, or other episodes not showcasing just Ash & Co.

Pokemon Chronicles wasn't a series. It was just special episodes that aired over the years in Japan. The USA skipped over them, untill a few years ago when they dubbed them all at once. It would be nice to see more episodes about other people, though. Like with Paul or someone else.

Geez, what luck you have, WPM. An interview with an important Pokémon Animé Storyboard Artist, a semi-evesdropped interview, and possibly another untimed one coming up soon!

Well, as far as questions, here's some that I think would have beneficial answers:

1) Have there ever been thoughts of another spin-off series (I.E. Pokémon Chronicles) with a different story line and new characters?

2) What is your guess as to when the 12th Movie may be completed/released?

3) Will Ash & Co. Ever revisit previous regions (Johto, Hoenn, & Kanto)?

Good Luck to you, Water Pokémon Master, and I hope you get some rare and unknown information that will come as a great surprise to fans of the Pokémon Animé!

Loyal Lucario said:
Ummm.... how about the question you had a loong time ago about kadabra and the pokemon cards? why did they no longer make kadabra a pokemon card?? (do they make kadabra cards again?)
Kadabra's japanese name, Yunghelor, is based off a man, Yung Helor. He sued pokemon for using his name for 'an evil monster'. So pokemon of Japan frowns on it's use now. And since most pokemon things are from Japan, no Kadabra for us (except in games)

Thank you, I always wanted to know the answer, LOL since when are pokemon "evil monsters" ? He just wanted more $$$, but there could be another reason? it's still a good question to ask just to see what he would say, most questions WPM asked we already knew the answers to.
Just to elaborate even further, Yung Helor was some kind of illusionist who claimed to bend spoons with his mind. Many people thought he did have telekinesis, but scientist, and even experienced magicians all said that is a farced and tried to proved it but that was the publics opinion. I dont know why he wanted to file a lawsuit over a nameused in japan when almost all pokemon names were dubed. Infamy wasn't enough for him, at least he is known throughout. You know now that I think about it, it really is funny, sueing nintendo over a franchies that most adults looked down on back then XD. Too bad wikipedia erased those interesting lenghty articles on each individual pokemon.

btw, for the interview, it sounded really well. If you get a chance,
can you ask the nice man about what happened with Brook and prof. Ivy while ash was exploring the orange islands? PLEASE!! I'm dying to know!!!!

as an anime storyboarder, maybe he's just who to ask. i want to know if volkner/denji will be the sunyshore/nagisa leader in the anime still, or if they will bump him off as they did with mikuri. denji has a lot of fans - in japan and outside of japan - so we're all really hoping to see denji animated at the nagisa gym!!

I would ask him if ash will ever begin to focus on having a strong team with pokemon that actually get to their final evolutions instead of staying in there first or second forms. And if Ash will begin to catch more than six or seven pokemon per region.

i would like to know the future of the main character's teams. he may drop one or two hints about captures or evolutions.

alterations in poke'mon platinum would be sweet too, but he's probably not the right person to talk to about that
also I agree with one of the previous threads, ask about the character's ages.

thats something he couldn't get in trouble for and a lot of people want to know! it's just been a subject the anime's never touched upon or have been inconsistant about.

They are ditching May and Misty except for small roles Why in the world are they doing that? I hope you can ask about previous Pokemon also because I would like to see Charizard and a few other Pokemon come back.:)

Good job on getting these interviews. Impressive! Do us proud.

I have some questions you may want to ask, if you choose to:

- Do the characters age anymore? Is Satoshi now years older than 10, or will he eternally be 10-years-old? Timeless and ageless, like a Disney character?

- It's cool that after Johto, you guys got away from making most of the episodes take place in a random forest, and from Hoenn onwards, added cities, towns, beaches, etc. What made your team decide to do this?

- How many people work at the animation company OLM? How many episodes are you ahead of the currently-broadcasted episode on TV Tokyo?

- How do you make the decision to have someone let go of a Pokemon, even if their party isn't at the maximum of six Pokemon? Is it for marketing reasons, storytelling reasons, or some other reason?

- I've noticed that in the show, the Pokemon don't usually match the heights that Game Freak gives them in the games' Pokedex (Zukan) entries. How and why do you decide to give a Pokemon species a certain height for the TV show that's different from the games?

- When Pokemon Platinum comes out, will the show change its current title of "Diamond & Pearl" to promote Platinum?

- Please convince Media Factory and OLM to release more of the shows' background music on CD! It's such great music, and we'd love to have all of the 1997 to 2008 music on CD, and further yearly releases from thereon after!

- Would you also be able to release more art books of the backgrounds and Pokemon?

- How do you choose what type of voice a species of Pokemon gets? And if it says its full name, part of its name, or if it simply makes a sound?

- Do you do the voices first and then animate to that, or do you do the animation first and just add the necessary lip flaps afterwards?

- Will OLM and Media Factory ever be able to do proper DVD releases, rather than the "best of" collections of random episodes they're releasing now?

- Is there any way to convince Pokemon USA to release the English DVDs with Japanese audio and subtitles?

- Do you take suggestions from Game Freak as to which Pokemon to feature on the show, or do the writers get to decide? I remember reading in a Game Freak interview years ago that a few Pokemon are actually created every generation simply for the show -- especially baby Pokemon like Pichu and Pinpuku.

- How much work goes into creating backgrounds for the show, since they are still painted by hand and not digitally coloured in like the animation cells have been since late Johto.

- Since you have to create roughly 52 episodes a year, as well as a few TV specials, an ANA special, and a movie, how much time do you spend on each episode? Pokemon has a noticeably lower framerate than other shows with 13 or 26 episodes a season. Also, the characters tend to stand straight with their hands at their sides, in fists, quite often, due to an episode airing every week. And yet it's still a beautiful-looking show! But how are you able to do all that work every year?

i think some of these questions are pretty stupid! expecially the ones about arceus! You don't actually expect him to give you the plot of the NEXT movie do you!? Seriously!!!!

Can you ask him:

"When will a 5th generation pokemon be revealed?"

"When you said a new pokemon is the star of the 12th movie, did you mean Arceus?"

"Will there any more trades between the characters, such as Aipom/Buizel?"

"Will each new region Ash starts out in follow the same story, leaving all but Pikachu and meeting up with a female coordinater and Brock, and setting off to get the 8 gym badges? Or maybe will there be something different?"

"How old is Ash and the other characters?"

"Will Primeape, Pidgeot, Haunter, Larvitar, etc ever return?"

1. Why did they abandon the GS Ball? Is there any chance we'll ever see it again? And what was supposed to be in it?

2. Why THE Jigglypuff disappeared? We last saw it in early AG then it disappeared

3. He said Misty won't return as a main character- what about May, Max and Tracey?

4. Is there any chance we'll get a separated show or at least a few episodes about May's journey in Johto? A lot of fans would like to see it

5. What does he thinks about Brock? Is there any chance he'll leave in the future like Misty? Or does he see Brock as a permament character?

6. Dawn is shown as a heroine equal to Ash in importance - it's great to have two heroes instead of just one and it's great they try to appeal more to girls but... May left despite being in a similar role to that of Dawn... but Dawn is shown as totally equal to Ash in a way May was never treated! Is there any chance Ash and Dawn will continue to be the two equal stars of the show like they're now?

7. Is there any chance Porygon and its evolutions will ever appear? It's strange if they decided to never show it again because all the Pokémon fans see it anyway all the time in the games/cards and other merchandise
Not only that but they continue to give it new evolutions! Than why not show them in the anime if they appear everywhere else?

2. Why THE Jigglypuff disappeared? We last saw it in early AG then it disappeared

Jiggilypuff's goal was to sing a song, yet everyone kept falling asleep. This made Jiggilypuff made on many occasions and got out its marker....

Whismur's soundproof ability allowed it to listen to the song, so Jiggilypuff was happy, and its goal was fulfilled.

- Do the characters age anymore? Is Satoshi now years older than 10, or will he eternally be 10-years-old? Timeless and ageless, like a Disney character?
Satoshi is at least 12-years-old. In the 3rd movie short, it proclaimed a year of his original journey. Another episode in Sinnoh, a clip show, was his 1-year start in Sinnoh. 1+1+10 means he must be at least 12-years-old.

WPM- Nice choice of questions, you didn't get all the ones people wanted to ask, but you got a nice selection. I bid you good luck on your journey. I know you can't ask a lot because of how long it is for a question, translation, answer, translation.

Firemaker said:
Jiggilypuff's goal was to sing a song, yet everyone kept falling asleep. This made Jiggilypuff made on many occasions and got out its marker....

Whismur's soundproof ability allowed it to listen to the song, so Jiggilypuff was happy, and its goal was fulfilled.

But Whismur did fall asleep at the end of the episode (it was tired) and Jiggly got angry and went away like always
If Jiggly was supposed to get an end to its story it could be much better to have the Whismur listen to its full song without fall asleep and join Whismur's trainer - but this didn't happen

In the 3rd movie short, it proclaimed a year of his original journey.

Exactly - a year from the beginning of his journey
He didn't say anything about being 11 now

Another episode in Sinnoh, a clip show, was his 1-year start in Sinnoh.

Episode 48 of DP was for the one year anniversary of the DP anime - not a year that the group is in Sinnoh

It's obvious the characters don't age just like in a lot of other anime
And before a lot of time Pokémon.com's mailbag confirmed they don't age
I can't understand why people insist they age when it's obvious they don't and it's not weird at all since it's the same in a lot of other anime
I hope we'll get an answer to finally stop this debate

Could you ask how many seasons they were thinking thier making ?
is jigglypuff ever returing?
is Pikatchu ever evolve?

lol thats all i have

+ Cascade Gonpory inc. + said:
I think some of these questions are pretty stupid! expecially the ones about arceus! You don't actually expect him to give you the plot of the NEXT movie do you!? Seriously!!
You're missing the point of the question.

@ Animelee and 1Piplup1: I'll try to fit your questions in. XD

Change that second question to: "What do you know about the Kadabra and Uri Gueller incident?" Leaves it less open to straight yes or no answers, and we don't really want those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back