3DS Discussion Thread

I would also recommend Ocarina of Time. Although I wouldn't call it the greatest game of all time today, but it's still very good. I would also recommend you get Links Awakening on eshop too, it's also very good in my opinion.(not to mention the Oracle games are also coming to eshop soon)

Go. Get. Ocarina of Time. Noaw. :p

Seriously, it's more than worth it and it's a great way to jump into the Zelda franchise (I actually got into Pokemon thanks to Zelda)

Can anyone who has purchased PMD: Gates to Infinity give us a nice little review of the game, with your own opinions on it? I'm debating whether it is worth buying or not, and I can never trust the critics. They rate great games horribly.

Huh. I'm just gonna' go against the flow and say that I dislike Ocarina of Time. It feels pretty dated and the game just isn't as amazing as everyone makes it out to be. It's a good game, but don't expect too much out of it before playing -- certainly not the greatest 3DS game ever, anyways. If you have a Wii, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword is available, with the latter being the newest Zelda game out there. I'd rate both of them over Ocarina of Time.

Is anyone here interested in a review for Luigi's Mansion? It's going to take me at least two weeks or so to get a good enough opinion on it to write one, but I won't post it here then unless people want it. I always feel like I'm just posting for no reason whenever I put up reviews haha.

I sort of agree with you here SotS. I still think OoT is still a very good game and I still recommend it, but it hasn't aged very well.(the plot is very basic, for one thing, and the game in general feels basic compared to the Zelda's today in my opinion, but overall it's still a good game)

Also yes Luigis Mansion DM review please.

MK7 is my favorite game on the 3DS. Mainly online racing and Time Trials.
I love to make jokes through StreetPass Mii Plaza. Like changing my Mii with weird hairstyles, wearing Luigi's hat then saying "Big L on my head."
Anyways, how do you unlock Find Mii 2? I heard that you have to get all the hats from Find Mii but how many playthroughs does that mean? 40? 50? 3.141592654?

Amphy23 said:
Anyways, how do you unlock Find Mii 2? I heard that you have to get all the hats from Find Mii but how many playthroughs does that mean? 40? 50? 3.141592654?

You only need to beat it twice to get all of the hats, but I can't say for sure if that's what unlocks Find Mii 2, since I beat the first one well before I received the update that included the second one.

SotS said:
Huh. I'm just gonna' go against the flow and say that I dislike Ocarina of Time. It feels pretty dated and the game just isn't as amazing as everyone makes it out to be. It's a good game, but don't expect too much out of it before playing -- certainly not the greatest 3DS game ever, anyways. If you have a Wii, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword is available, with the latter being the newest Zelda game out there. I'd rate both of them over Ocarina of Time.

I think a large part of why Ocarina of Time was, and still is, regarded as the greatest game of all time by so many is because of its innovation. Now, obviously, it isn't as ground breaking as it was, but at the time it was a pretty big deal.

Of course, that isn't the only reason it is so widely praised. OoT is a truly brilliant game for reasons I won't bother to list. But the fact that it was so innovative was certainly a factor.

Amphy23 said:

just beat find mii twice and you'll unlock find mii 2, good luck!

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity is really good! You encounter Legendary Pokémon such as Virizion. The graphics are on point.

Anyone else get the Pikachu 3DS XL?

I played the demo of Gates to Infinity. I only had a few issues:

1. uncontrollable text speed. and also when you level up it takes like 5 minutes to go through all the lines

why can't it just be quick like the other games

this is really my only gripe, I love mystery dungeon but I heard that the game is lacking since there aren't many dungeons and the pokedex is lacking.

I am just annoyed that the 3DS is region locked, I could play ESRB games on the DS but 3DS Games are region locked. This means I have to wait over a month for Mystery Dungeon GTI to come out in UK (Europe). It's quite a big wait really.

PMJ said:
I played the demo of Gates to Infinity. I only had a few issues:

1. uncontrollable text speed. and also when you level up it takes like 5 minutes to go through all the lines

why can't it just be quick like the other games

this is really my only gripe, I love mystery dungeon but I heard that the game is lacking since there aren't many dungeons and the pokedex is lacking.

You actually can explore an infinite amount of dungeons. And I think someone said something about you can't recuit the Pokemon on the boxart? Dunsparce, Emolga, and Virizion joins your team very early in the game.

Elite Stride said:
Can anyone who has purchased PMD: Gates to Infinity give us a nice little review of the game, with your own opinions on it? I'm debating whether it is worth buying or not, and I can never trust the critics. They rate great games horribly.

I think the game is great. The storyline so far is pretty new, talking about building a Pokemon Paradise. So it's kinda like a combination of Rescue Teams and Exploration Teams. You're still doing Job Lists from the Board. Only this time, you don't just go out into the dungeon after you take a job. You have to give the job to Azumaril nearby and he'll open the gate for you to go out on a job. Your character actuallys talks in this one! (Yes, NOT every sentence your character says is written like this.) The main problem in the game is the Mystery Dungeons, and most of the Pokemon are starting to have bad attitudes towards other Pokemon. Like I said in an earlier post Virizion, Dunsparce, and Emolga, all join you at the same time very early in the game after you rescue Dunsparce from the Pawniard. The Magnagates are pretty cool. You just aim the 3DS Camera at a circlular object and you'll go into a Mystery Dungeon. However you'll be playing as a random Pokemon and not the ones you chosen. The 3D graphics look extremely good! Just what all the Mystery Dungeon installments needed. A graphic update. I like how the dungoens so far aren't too much at once. You'll have dungeons that you'll go through two or three floors then you'll have to do some sort of obstacle. Like using HMs in the main series games. Your team shares moves skills. Like if you keep using Water Gun, it will level up to Water Gun ll and Water Gun lll and so forth. A Pokemon in your team that knows Water Gun but never used it before will know Water Gun lll if another Pokemon in your team already got it to level lll. There's team attacks. Everyone in your team can come together for a team attack. It hits all enemies in the room! You can only do it when your team is in sink in the dungeons. Then the towns. You have Post Town with lots of shops, then you have your Paradise sqaure with more shops specifically for your team. I'm not very far in the game yet, but I will continue my gameplay :)

PMJ said:

IDK about the amount of dungeons, but the lack of Pokemon is indeed an issue, you can only catch about 150, not only can you not get anywhere near the amount you could in the 4th gen games (which had all or nearly all Pokemon that existed at the time), but you can't even get every 5th gen Pokemon.

Teeboy23 said:
You actually can explore an infinite amount of dungeons. And I think someone said something about you can't recuit the Pokemon on the boxart? Dunsparce, Emolga, and Virizion joins your team very early in the game.

They might be referring to the main game box legends, you can't recruit Reshiram, Zekrom, or Kyurem at all, only battle them as bosses. Which is highly disappointing, because I love Zekrom and Black Kyurem and was looking forward to tearing through dungeons with them post game for the lulz.

More PMD: GTI gameplay news!
There's a new weather mechanic in game called V-Wave. It changes by type each day. For example, one day could be a V-Wave for Water-Types. It will then strengthen Water-Type Pokémon. The V-Wave changes everyday. Next day, it could be Fighting, Fire, or Electric. During the V-Wave, Victini comes and opens up a shop called V-Wheel. Spin the wheel on the picture of Victini, you win! If you win, you change the type of the V-Wave! You get one free. Spin once a day, if you wanna spin more, you'll have to pay. The pay varies. I will bring more more gameplay as it comes :)

Was wondering if anyone got the full version of heroes of ruin. I've been enjoying the demo a lot (I love the gameplay style) plus the demo has online missions (What!?) but I wanted to know about the full version, and how it holds up overall.

I didn't hear that much about it, but it didn't sound like a $40 value from what I remember. Most people said it was pretty repetitive and that the online was sorta' buggy, but it was still pretty fun. Look out for a $20~ price point?

Back