3DS (Rumor?)

glitchmastermario

ima glitch
I didn't exactly know where to put this, I just hope someone reads this:
so I was going to gamestop today and I was able to pre-order the 3DS :D
but apparently, they are going to stop pre-orders soon because of the tsunami, what the person told me is that they wouldn't be able to manufacture as mush 3Ds's as we hoped, and I think this is a little exaggeration, but he said people wouldn't be able to buy for a WHOLE YEAR!!!! :( , not sure how this is going to affect life, but thats what I heard

RE: 3DS NEWS!!! IMPORTANT!!!

^

Lies.

No, nintendo JAP and their building is all ok. This is a load of GMSTP marketing BS.

Like Darkvoid said, this is untrue. Nintendo is perfectly fine, and they will ship out just as many 3DS's as they would without the tsunami.

Who told you this anyway? No informed employee at Game Stop would tell you this. Either you're making this up or you're confused.

^

Marketing propoganda so you and other foolish people preorder.

LIES. LIES I TELL YOU LIES. Like the cake....

I'll allow this thread to stay open. Even though there is an official topic, I think a decent discussion can be had here.

I haven't heard anything about this so far, and it doesn't sound right. (especially because of the tweet from Nintendo) I am not too sure on the status of the availability of the 3DS after launch, but others may be able to post information here shedding some light on that.
I have been told misinformation and flat out untrue things by employee's at stores before, including GameStop. Sadly people make up things, misinterpret/misunderstand things, or hear rumors from some place else and pass it on as a truth to their shoppers. I don't think that the Tsunami has affected any Nintendo factories, because there was an official tweet saying their buildings were okay. Just goes to show, sadly you can't always trust those people and you sometimes have to go looking for the correct info yourself.

I am not sure if GameStop employees are told to be dishonest or deceptive like some people may think, but sounds like an awful fishy thing to tell your employees to do. I doubt that it's company policy, probably more of a thing that the employee said on their own.

I've heard this also but not from gamestop. Nintendo's headquarters wasn't affected by the tsunami but you can't say their factories wasn't. If they had factories were damaged they wouldn't be able to make as many 3DS. Anyways I doubt that they will be out for a year if they run out of 3DS though.

im posative that the 3DS is going to be like the WII very very hard to get for about the first 6 months

I find this Very unlikely..however I already pre-ordered and paid off mine..so I'm getting one either way lol

._. this thing is already bigger and has gotten more hype than the wii...ya its gonna be sold out everywhere and there will be lines.

If they 3DS were to be delayed, then why would Nintendo.com still have the 3DS timer on it and not have any announcement?

^

Lux, thank you.

Just went to GameStop, and they said, quote en quote: " No, this is not true, and i can't imagine who would say that". I love having a gamestop that isn't full of money loving jerk workers. And hence, once again, LIES.

-DV

Er, Nintendo products are made in China, and as far as I know there hasn't been much, if any damage at all on the Asian mainland. The only thing the tsunami might have caused would have been administrative decision delays from Nintendo's HQ in Kyoto due to communications failure, though in Japan the launch window for the 3DS has passed already, so if there's any decision-making to be made I'd imagine it'd be of somewhat less significance or less immediately pressing. As important as video games are to myself and much of us here, linking the tsunami to something as arbitrary as the 3DS anyway when the whole country is in mass ruination is ridiculous, I'd shake my head at Gamestop if they in fact had a hand in suggesting it.

@Catutie: That's why I ordered mine off of amazon. :D

Man y'all have some bad run ends with gamestop. The gs I go to doesn't try these kind of things...

Back