(4) Arceus Teaser Poster, All POP 9 Scans, New Pulse of the Frontier Wallpaper, 12th Movie Card Cont

Oh, and that Spacegoat-art is the best I've seen of it as of yet.

Archimer: You must discard the energy cards. If it doesn't say "You may", it's mandatory.

Oh wowzerz. Card Contest for the Japanese? Man, there goes Xous's only chance at TCG stardom. Nah, the Lv.100 thing is cool. Little kids will trade their life for it.

The wallpaper looks cool. Colesseum return? I hope so. :]

POP 9. On one side, one of the worst POP sets I've seen, on the other, no reprints, so I'm actually happy. Manaphy is almost the best card in the set, but I love Garchomp, Regigigas, and Rotom (nerfed Gengar). The chain of Basic Pokemon that you have to get out to decent amounts of damage allows Machamp to run rampant. Rampardos and Kingdra for that matter. Definately not a good POP set. I'll get a pack for the Garchomp pack art though. Gible reprint sucks. They couldn't make an all new Gible and have the set free from reprints, could they. OH NO!

The poster clearly gives away Monferno and Staraptor, although that Staraptor is really hard to see at first. New characters it looks like too. Hopefully they don't have bad voices when they air the movie in the U.S. next year.

dmaster out.

d master342 said:
Hopefully they don't have bad voices when they air the movie in the U.S. next year.
They will obviously have failish voices, just like every other characters in the dub. There's no such thing as a good dub voice.

Yeah, true. Another bad movie I'll have to say. Luckily Arceus will save it from this inevitable pit. Heatran will rock my socks too. Basically the only good things in these recent movies have been the legendaries, and the Shaymin movie even got that wrong!

dmaster out.

When I looked at the Arceus template I noticed something. How could the Alpha Pokemon be at Lv. 100 and only be at 80 HP? This leads me to think that the level might be changed. As for the Notched Ear Pichu, being that its HP bubble is covered, leads me to believe that that Pichu might be more than a lame movie idea. As for POP 9, I was disappointed we didn't see any Lv. X's (Snorlax...:)), but it was certainly good for people that wanted those Japanese Collector's Challenge cards :D.

Wait, is that guy in the poster holding a sphere of aura? If he is, yay, more epicness. If it's not, yay, it'll still be an awesome movie.

I think this is a pretty bad POP set. I suppose the only playable/decent cards are Garchomp, Raichu, and Manaphy. But, seriously, those are some pretty stupid attacks. Poison Berry? Sleepy? Super Fast? Water Glow? What were they thinking?

So 12 Pokemon from the movie will be made into cards. Woot. But wait, the 12 first-place winners get 100 copies of the porfolio...that's 1200 cards, 100 copies of each card. AND they get a free DS Lite? Wow, that's a lot of stuff for just drawing pictures.

Too bad that contest is only open to Japanese....I could come up with a spoiler in an hour, and a decent picture in three months.....with a decent artist's help.

Yes, I was thinking what you were thinking about the prizes, PokeFan. Come on, 100? Don't you think that's overkill?

This POP set is a major let down! No trainers/Supporters???? Did we really need another set of the classic trio? 'Chomp is ok, the only highlight to the set.

RE: (4) Arceus Teaser Poster, All POP 9 Scans, New Pulse of the Frontier Wallpaper, 1

Blue Thunder said:
Too bad that contest is only open to Japanese...I could come up with a spoiler in an hour, and a decent picture in three months...with a decent artist's help.

Yes, I was thinking what you were thinking about the prizes, PokeFan. Come on, 100? Don't you think that's overkill?

100 sets ? If they retail for like $25 each, these people could make...*THINKS* $2475. That is pretty high praise!

Let me say that Pop9 is not a bad set... For you players, it might be. But since I'm just a collector and this set have 16 new cards, I think this set is good because it has some jap. promos that were missing in USA and the rest of the world (screw trainers)... I just didn't like that Gible...

How can a lvl 100 god-pokemon-thing have only 80 HP? I understand that if they want to make this card playable then it can't be too powerful, but even so... hmm. It'll be interesting to see how it's handled.

Andddd POP 9 is officially the ugliest thing I ever did see.

scampy said:
How can a lvl 100 god-pokemon-thing have only 80 HP? I understand that if they want to make this card playable then it can't be too powerful, but even so... hmm. It'll be interesting to see how it's handled.

I'm pretty sure that it's in the interest of keeping the game balanced. Can you imagine the Pixies with decent base HP? 0_o

The poster seems to show some worm creature (Not Giratina) in the top right. It's smiling :S

EDIT: That "Smile" is Arceus' tail, just realised.

Aww, man. I wanted to join the card contest but only Japanese can. This is what I get for not living in Japan sooner than I will be.

Master of the Shadow said:
Off topic but I bet his next news post will be at 5 AM

Easy Pattern. He never sleeps. ;o

dmaster out.

Back