(5) IGN Top 100, Vanillite/Golurk, Reuniclus B/W, Blu-Ray Pic, 4Kids Bankrupt [4/9]

I knew about the Golurk thing, but I had no idea Vanillite's face was actually covered like that... Does this mean that trait carries over onto its evolutions? (I doubt it.)

As far as the IGN thing goes, I'm a bit uninterested mostly because it's on IGN. (They're using some of my artwork without permission right now and haven't returned my emails about it.) So... Good luck to them? It's not like it matters in the grand scheme of things. (Though it's odd they'd include all 649, and not keep it to 646.)

The new Reuniclus card looked kind of fake at first, but I guess that's just me getting used to the new card design and the fact that it's the only English pokemon card revealed so far with an ability so it looks different. I hope they reveal some more cards soon.:)

pokemon-black-white-screens-20100716101318764.jpg

Looks like Xous' art to me :O
Image 104 here

Afro-G said:
The new Reuniclus card looked kind of fake at first, but I guess that's just me getting used to the new card design and the fact that it's the only English pokemon card revealed so far with an ability so it looks different. I hope they reveal some more cards soon.:)

actually they have sorta revealed a poke with an ability. The insert in the theme decks that talks about abilities, poke-power/poke-bodies has an image of Klinklang, its a little hard to see in the posted pic though.

That Ability symbols is just looking really weird (sorta bloated). To be honest, I like the one Latios101 made for fake cards more >.>

I laugh at 4kids, but at the same time I'm sad. Who will be the antagonists in Yu Gi Oh the Abridged Series now?

Xous said:
I knew about the Golurk thing, but I had no idea Vanillite's face was actually covered like that... Does this mean that trait carries over onto its evolutions? (I doubt it.)

As far as the IGN thing goes, I'm a bit uninterested mostly because it's on IGN. (They're using some of my artwork without permission right now and haven't returned my emails about it.) So... Good luck to them? It's not like it matters in the grand scheme of things. (Though it's odd they'd include all 649, and not keep it to 646.)

Xous, if I may suggest a rather unorthodox approach to the problem, you could leverage your DA-watchers circle to try and get the pic off. You could either make a deviation or a journal entry requesting anyone who is able to help to notify IGN about the pics. You have 2788 watchers. Excluding myself (since I can't do anything) that still leaves 2787. Even if only 10% of those people respond and try to contact IGN, it'd be a pretty large effort already.

@Xous: And Kyurem, Terrakion, and Virizion seem to be stolen from someone else as well. Why hasn't anybody contacted them about it yet?

And I already knew how Golurk could use Fly once I saw the movie poster. Never expected the part about Vanillite's face though... Where'd you even find those two comics anyways?

The Vanillite thing is new for me, as well. It's kind of creepy. The Ability bar looks fake as well, it'll probably grow on me but it looks so cheap. As for Xous' problem, that mustr be so annoying. Oh well, you have a load of fans backing you and hopefully it'll get sorted. I've never liked IGN anyway...

Xous said:
As far as the IGN thing goes, I'm a bit uninterested mostly because it's on IGN. (They're using some of my artwork without permission right now and haven't returned my emails about it.)

Yeah, I've been hearing that a lot. I have a couple friends whom are Pokemon artists on Deviantart whose drawings have also been used without permission by IGN. For example, PurpleKecleon's "Every Single Pokemon" drawing.

Seeing that, makes IGN's interest in Pokemon seem rather hollow.

I was going through the IGN Top 100, ('cuz I'm a sucker for those =P ), and I found that a few shiny sprites got mixed into the sprites. I've found:

Wormadam Plant Cloak
Sentret

I'll update with others if I find.

Poor Xous,they even use your artwork on Youtube videos... :/
But really,I think that IGN only wants people to get mad in purpose by doing this.

Now seeing how Vanillite "real face" looks like...I dont really think its THAT cute anymore.

I am taking the Pokemon Face Off thing, it is actually entertaining, weird. Also Reuniclus is going to be in Black and White, I think that card has a lot of potential gotta say. With Unown Q and Mismagius X, infinite healing doesn't sound bad to me.

I was just about to post about the odd-looking Ability icon - I'm glad that the majority of you feel the same way. It looks too bold and wide. Latios101's Ability icon totally blows this one out of the water. Then again, I'll reserve final judgement until I see an ability card in person. I'm just excited because this will be the first set since Neo Destiny that I'll be buying a box of and collecting!

The Vanillite/Golurk tidbits were actually pretty cool -- I wouldn't mind seeing similar things in the future.

Yup. The Ability thing is really weird. Just bring back the Powers and Bodies for the sake of Pokemon. It's much easier, and we're all used to it. Come on.

I really dislike Golurk.... but anyway, its cool to see that they are making more Pokemon with these types of features!

@ Xous
I would definatly call that site and complain about them using your work, cause If I were a talented artist like you, I would be ticked of, if someone was using my work and not giving credit.

Back