(5) Sunday / Saturday / Thursday's Nationals Update, New Nationals Location, Redshark Fix

RE: (4) Saturday / Thursday's Nationals Update, New Nationals Location, Redshark Fix

yay bulbasaur ^_^ who is bulbasaur anyways? -_- sorry i'm such a n00b

RE: (4) Saturday / Thursday's Nationals Update, New Nationals Location, Redshark Fix

Bulbasaur45. He's from Oregon, I think

Nice photo WPM and captions. Those pictures of booths look interesting. Feel like I'm really there.

Cool! I recognized several of the people in those photos.

I know for a fact they have been considering moving over to Gencon for a while now (My league/tournament organizer/judge from Maine mentioned it a couple of times.). So its not unheard of. Personally I would prefer it.. Ohio might be closer, but last year Origins wasn't to.. Whats the word I'm looking for.. Oh right, fun.

Congrats to Gino, our 2008 Nationals Champion. Also, congrats to Drew Holten, the runner up!

DREW IS DA MAN.

Lol, just wanted to say it =]. Too bad Fulop lost in the T32. He played Leafeon/Magmortar, I think.

Awwright. Front page get.
I'm "inquiring about card prices"
Except I look kinda funny in that one, I'm holding my binder like an idiot. :]
I love that binder though, it's lasted like 9 years and I just found it again :D
I spent the entire lunch break and some time between most rounds buying/selling cards. Sold some old exes, commons, rev holos, etc for 130, almost sold a victory medal, blah blah, and then got some crazy cheap lv xs. Totally tricked out my old binder :D.
It was very very fun. For those who didn't go this year, GO NEXT YEAR [if its at origins, I dunno what gencon is like but Ill probably go to that one]
EDIT: Found myself in another one.

PROTIP: ---TAKE WPM's ADVICE. BRING FEBREZE-----

I doubt nationals will move, it would be too risky with Gen Con in the hole financially as much as they are. Rumors are rumors, but obviously people on't understand the state of Gen Con.

945 players? wow! that is a lot and there are people who didn't even make it. as long as there is always something pokemon going on, it will never die. and the new pictures make it look like even more fun! gah! i have to go next year! there is nothing that's going to stop me (well, at least i hope nothing). congrats to all who won in the nationals!

Who were the PB members in the picture about Pb memebers and Mime Jr.?

^Thats me in the red hat with Blue sunglasses, Mudkip711, Sprit of Mew, PokemonPhantom3, noobmuffin, and empolove330. And from left to right it is....

Mudkip711, PokemonPhantom3, Me, speed_empoleon22 ~Roxasora~, .::noobmuffin::., empolove330, Spirit of Mew, mcrich900.

im probably going to 2009 worlds because of the legends awakened set...

I think I'l go to worlds next year.

Haha, I'm in the judge pow wow shot. We were checking decks of the top 32 players to prepare for the next day.

As for the new nationals thing, I doubt they'll be moving it as PUI has a contract with Origins. Bad experience or not, they are a sponsor of the show.

I don't see US Nationals moving to GenCon Indy without some big changes because GenCon Indy is always within a week or 2 of Worlds. This year it is even the same weekend. That does not give everyone time to play at Nats and then make arrangements based on invites, etc. And GenCon Indy is always August so you cannot really make Worlds later because of the start of school, etc. Here are the future dates from the GenCon website.

Future Gen Con Indy Show Dates

* August 14-17, 2008
* August 13-16, 2009
* August 12-15, 2010

If only you got a picture of me punching the dancing pikachu in the face, it was hilarious. Or even a picture of me throwing pokeballs at him.

Nice photos though WPM

I finally met someone from Beach! that was one of the best parts. also, my friend Mark G. getting t8 in juniors and Gino winning nats was also awesome(even tho i dont know him, he is from RI). i had a 3-0 start but finished 4-4 tho.

Nice pictures, WPM. I do enjoy how you happened to have gotten Justin B right behind DFB in that picture of him and his fiance.

Also...fifth picture...that is homeofmew? She came up to me and commented on my shirt on Saturday, and I, not realizing it was her, just agreed and stood there. xD

Back