Writing 68 Aurora [Song]

Shivershaft

I've returned
Another song of mine, wanted to see what you guys thought. Maybe suggest some ideas for chord progressions.

---------------------------

A walk in the park
Was all I asked for
Then, you turned around
And looked at me with
That fear in your eyes
That this would unfold

Save me from yourself

Help me
Get up on my feet
Before the waters rise
Over my head
Please dont let me down
I don't wanna drown

Can't you save me
From your open seas
Ships about to sail
Without me
Please dont let me down
I don't wanna drown

68 degrees
Fog that sets the scene
Forever, we walked
Or at least it felt
Like it would always
Until you stepped off

Grab my hand before you

Help me
Get up on my feet
Before the waters rise
Over my head
Please dont let me down
I don't wanna drown

Can't you save me
From your open seas
Ships about to sail
Without me
Please dont let me down
I don't wanna drown

Together, we go down
Losing grip, we go down

Together, we go down
Losing grip, we go down

Waters rise over my head
Please don't let me drown again
Can't you save me from your seas
Please don't let me down again

Waters rise over my head
Please don't let me drown again
Can't you save me from your seas
Please don't let me down again

I also want to see if anyone can figure out what this is about, and or why this is titled 68 Aurora. :)

I love it, sounds poppish, and then again it sound rockish, great job.

IDK, on the whole what it is about, or why it is named that way. Great job though

Now, I'm no song writing master at all, I've tried my hand at it and failed, but there is one thing I notice.

"Please don't let me down
I don't wanna drown

Together, we go down
Losing grip, we go down

Together, we go down
Losing grip, we go down"

You rhyme down with drown with down with down with down with down. I understand this this is a repetition thing (I view it as more of a hook than anything else, I dunno if that's what you intended), but in the tune I'm setting this to in my head (a kinda fast paced, poppy-rocky thing, again I dunno if that's what you intended) it just doesn't sound that good.
But, I like the slant rhymes that you use, they're pretty clever and original, and I do like the lyrics overall, so I definitely look forward to seeing (or hearing) more!

6-Dimension said:
Now, I'm no song writing master at all, I've tried my hand at it and failed, but there is one thing I notice.

"Please don't let me down
I don't wanna drown

Together, we go down
Losing grip, we go down

Together, we go down
Losing grip, we go down"

You rhyme down with drown with down with down with down with down. I understand this this is a repetition thing (I view it as more of a hook than anything else, I dunno if that's what you intended), but in the tune I'm setting this to in my head (a kinda fast paced, poppy-rocky thing, again I dunno if that's what you intended) it just doesn't sound that good.
But, I like the slant rhymes that you use, they're pretty clever and original, and I do like the lyrics overall, so I definitely look forward to seeing (or hearing) more!

Everyone is seeing the fast paced poppy, song, i saw it as a more, slower, MCR esque, song. Haha. and that part there is the bridge, it's supposed to be real broken down, slow, doesnt matter the rhyme. Anyways, thanks guys. I appreciate it. Any chord progressions or anything?

Right now this is probably what is fitting this song the most:

Key: A Major

Prg: AMaj, EMaj, F#Min, DMaj
I V vi IV
Very sad sound for a major key, Fits this pretty well, so far.

G, C, Em, D.

Seriously. The G is so full, and the Em is so melodic and awesomely grim. Try it out.

safariblade said:
G, C, Em, D.

Seriously. The G is so full, and the Em is so melodic and awesomely grim. Try it out.

Hmmm, I like the progression, but it's just that that is one of the most overused progessions ever, and you know me, I don't like OU. ;o

Ok then...

Am, C, F, G.
Very similar, but less played. More of an indie feel.

The Am needs to be played strong and the F can be tweaked around depending on how you play it.

safariblade said:
Ok then...

Am, C, F, G.
Very similar, but less played. More of an indie feel.

The Am needs to be played strong and the F can be tweaked around depending on how you play it.

I play piano so i'll just press down harder, lol. the previous chord progression goes great with another one of my incomplete songs, :DD and ill check this one out when everyone in my house isn't asleep. :3

Does 68 have to do with a year or something, or is it just a number, that you won't tell me what it means?

Ok I think I got it... 68 is the average temp... And Aroura is something to do with a city??

MrGatr said:
Ok I think I got it... 68 is the average temp... And Aroura is something to do with a city??

Aurora, is Aurora bridge, a suicide site in Seattle. 230 sucessful suicides. Now that's figured out, relate that to the song. :b

Sounds like something unexpected happened to the girl, like she is moving away, or you guys are just growing up and going separate ways, and neither of you want that to happen really. But this is your song, so even if she feels the same way, its your feelings that we can see in the lyrics. Maybe you are afraid that she doesn't feel the same way?

lol if I'm completely wrong.

I think I got it.

A girl is moving somewhere(Thanks Safariblade) and you guys are going to be separated, and then you guys plan to jump off the bridge together, so you can be together forever.

Is that it?

Fine, I'll just say it cause you guys are close, but aren't at the same time. It's about her suicide. She's already dead. He's in her ocean, which is my way of saying he's obsessed with her, can't get her out of his head. He doesnt want to drown, which means he doesnt want to follow her, fall victim to her death. Join her. She committed suicide, and he is considering doing it too, to join her, but at the same time he knows it would be dumb to stop over something like that. Aurora bridge is the site of her fictitious suicide, which is in Seattle. He wants her back, but can't get her back, so it's really him fighting himself against the decision of join her, or don't. A real story of losing sanity over a girl.

Back