a dragon frontier series Q

TorterraX

Aspiring Trainer
why do the pokemon have different types than usual? like electric totodile? and is this the only series that does that?

im a newb i only have 100 ( about 64 unique) diamond and pearl cards :( i need new cards to collect. im thinking of getting dragon frontiers and maybe crystal guardians and holon phantoms or w/e

Because they are so-called 'delta species' or in short just 'd Pokemon'. If you'd look at the whole card, you'd notice the delta symbol (if you know the greek alphabet that is, otherwise it's the curly d-like thingy) behind the name.
It's some invention to make the limited amount of Pokemon more versatile, I guess. For example, you could now play a Gardevoir deck and have both Fire and Psychic attacks, because you can include a Gardevoir ex delta. This makes your deck somewhat more adaptable to the opponent. Too bad most opponents play delta Pokemon as well...
I suggest getting DF, it's a nice set with loads of strong cards, especially the EXes.

i dont play the game just so you know. is this just a good collectors series tho? wat about cg or hp?

if you don't play the game i wouldn't waste your money on pokemon cards.

thats the only reason to buy them (collecting definitely takes a back seat to deck priority)

my personal opinion heh.

well. i dont play cuz basically i have no one to play with. i dont have cards that are good for playing, and i dont no how to play. so ya. i think collecting is fun and not a waste

oh i hear you man its your prerogative.

why not buy a starter deck and start playing? there's definitely bound to be a league near you.

lol, no, sorry.

it means its your call man.

you do what you wanna do, i'm just throwing in my two cents.

:p

Many people do both. I'd say look for a league in your area. You can learn how to play there, and be able to trade people for cards that you'd like to get.

TorterraX said:
i dont play the game just so you know. is this just a good collectors series tho? wat about cg or hp?

CG has quite a number of good cards like Celio's Network, Castaway, Delcatty ex & vice versa...
About HP, not many cards are useful in HP except for some like Holon Castform which you need it if you are playing a delta deck & Rare Candy, which you MUST use in your deck because it helps you to increase the speed of your deck...

For me, I know how to play but I have nobody to play with so I just collect and I enjoy that. Maybe one day i'll bulid my very own deck if can get enough cards and then i'll find somebody to play with.

Back