BW/BW2 Action Replay not working with the new versions

Spindry

Lover of odd pokemon
Please hold all of your no-cheating blabber and spare me. I use the action replays after I've already played through the game on normal to breed pokemon more easily.

Anyway, has anyone else tried using their action replay with the new games? I still have my AR DSi that I bought back around the platinum days, and it still runs those games. It even runs codes for soul silver. But when I try to use codes for my white version, the AR freezes on me.
Anyone know if the black and white versions are a step above the common software or something? I'll be quite disappointed if I can't later use my AR to get certain items and breeding parents for this game.

There was some article a while back about how there is a whole bunch of new security on the new games. I'm betting the next generation AR will be able to cheat the fifth generation, but you'll have to wait until then.

I take it you beat your game already by what you just said.
My guess is that they didn't get any cheats up yet. I'm pretty sure the codes aren't released, you have to find them. But what do I know, I hate using AR. (AKA- I never used it)

@HypnoticLuxray

I have seen cheats up for the UK version, but none for the US...(need walk through walls :p)

I did the system update, and the list has codes for black and white. I just don't get why it freezes on that game. Are there other updates to do to it?

U have to update the firmware. It said on the code junkies web site. I need to update mine but I can't find the cord to do it :(

Okay, so I looked again and found the firmware update and sent it through. My game works now with the AR. Thanks everyone. :D

There was an article somewhere where they announced that Black and White had a superior game security over most DS games. Apparently, it was to prevent the games from being made into ROMs (obviously that didn't work). Probably because of this

The article was joking saying that Nintendo was inviting hackers by challenging them. Fail Nintendo, fail. That's like posting your MyBB version numbers so you can get hacked lol.

^Following what you said...the thoughts after the article was posted.

challenge-accepted.jpg

Back