PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
That would be a Kadabra that has Super Psy Bolt for 80 damage and no Retreat Cost (that no Retreat Cost would be a reference to the fact that it is the first Kadabra card since Skyridge).
Give Kadabra a broken ability, like manipulating opponents' energy or copy trainer card effect. That would be good too.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
There are a lot of Kanto Pokemon who are paid dust regularly in the TCG so I'm glad we'll get all of them in a single set for a change. Stuff like Pikachu and Charizard will get cards regardless, so at least tying the rest of the set around something thematically appropriate is a good move.

I'd love it even more if they kept doing this idea for the rest of the generations but even if they did try that idea it'd probably get abandoned after Gen 3.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
There are a lot of Kanto Pokemon who are paid dust regularly in the TCG so I'm glad we'll get all of them in a single set for a change. Stuff like Pikachu and Charizard will get cards regardless, so at least tying the rest of the set around something thematically appropriate is a good move.

I'd love it even more if they kept doing this idea for the rest of the generations but even if they did try that idea it'd probably get abandoned after Gen 3.
And it shouldn't. Every generation has new pokemon fans.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Kanto has some of the best designed Pokemon in the series so I'm all for this set. It's good to have the family back together again.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
Kanto has some of the best designed Pokemon in the series so I'm all for this set. It's good to have the family back together again.
I thought we all reached an agreement a couple month ago that Paldea defines what pokemon should look and be like. After exchange of logical, thorough and complex analysis we reached such irrefutable conclusion. :D

Pokémon Spears

Aspiring Trainer
How much I would laugh if for Kadabra's big return they slapped some Sugimori art onto a generic clip art background made the card completely unplayable.
tbh I'd love if the entire set is done with the Ken Sugimori artwork lol

I wonder if this will include regional forms

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
Return of the king.

It was ours and Pokémon's consistency that prevailed. As well as the ever-universal generation shift of his grandaughter playing GO and reintroducing a new light that wasn't angry fans to convince.

Also, a big congrats to everyone who committed and to OP if they actually used my contribution to show the big man himself.

Peace.

At this point, a Sugimori simple or original would be lovely.

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
Hey, you know what? As tired as I've been of sets that are thrown together (though, specifically by TPCi) that are just "Hey, remember Gen 1? It's the best, right?", like the base sets of Generations and Hidden Fates, I'd say this is a good enough reason to celebrate with an actually special set. Why not?

It's such a bizarre situation that lasted 20 years. And regardless of how you feel about Uri Geller, the right thing was finally done last year. We can all move forward, including Kadabra in the TCG now.
Easily the most Gen 1-related set out of the last 5 or more years or so to be excited about.

Prof. Lev

Gotta pull 'em all!
So what you're telling me is after having a pokédex card collection with an old style Kadabra that sticks out like a sore thumb, I'll finally have a modern Kadabra....with a silver border so it'll still stick out like a sore thumb?! AHHHHHHHHHH