All 101 “Mask of Change” Main Set Cards Revealed!

Third wrong thing: deck has no issues with hands whatsoever.

They take two prizes: Monke 1 searhces unfair stamp. Monke 2 searches defiance band. Monke 3 searches vacuum

Now what? How are they going to load up another one? What are they going to do without a hand to play.

Deck should absolutely Smoke Anything that does not have more than 320 hp. From behind, it kills Giratina.
For CPAO idk, but I dont think that getting a band is hard, and with band it ''OHKOs'' CPAO, or with Kieran, so i am not sure what you mean for these two MU.
Hands is an issue, but it should at least trade equally with it with the help of Kieran and if they ever whiff once, you just straight up win.
Indeed, one of the issue of the deck is how to ensure that stadium stays up and the lack of stadium search. I am theorizing that Roseanne can help with recyling. or the addition of a good draw engine could help as well. This will have to be tested for.

As for Lugia, For the same reason as Arceus, it feels like its a non issue. You kill their lugia, especially if went first. And then you simply win the prize trade from there. Not quite sure how it loses to that MU unless the deck turns out to be a complete brick, which I honestly dont think it will when you can CS up to 4 times a turn. Hope the opponnt plays only hand disruption i suppose
Stadium isn't a problem at all

Monke needs apple/goldeen in the active, not the stadium. As long as you have monke and goldeen/apples, you will always have the stadium. You just need to make sure apple stream is flowing and/or bench goldeen with the skateboard.

On the strategy:

Stadium bumping is a terrible idea vs the deck (& shows that the dude you are repying to didn't bother to read the cards), not only they are hand crippling you every turn, they have the guaranteed stadium as long as they don't have all monke on the bench (that's why Greninja is actually very threatening for the deck); but even in that position all they really need is finding a nest/UB/poffin for goldeen and monke is live again.

The way to beat festival deck is to know how to break the insane prize mapping deck has and how to win without two prizers.

Last edited:
Deck should absolutely Smoke Anything that does not have more than 320 hp. From behind, it kills Giratina.
For CPAO idk, but I dont think that getting a band is hard, and with band it ''OHKOs'' CPAO, or with Kieran, so i am not sure what you mean for these two MU.
Hands is an issue, but it should at least trade equally with it with the help of Kieran and if they ever whiff once, you just straight up win.
Indeed, one of the issue of the deck is how to ensure that stadium stays up and the lack of stadium search. I am theorizing that Roseanne can help with recyling. or the addition of a good draw engine could help as well. This will have to be tested for.

As for Lugia, For the same reason as Arceus, it feels like its a non issue. You kill their lugia, especially if went first. And then you simply win the prize trade from there. Not quite sure how it loses to that MU unless the deck turns out to be a complete brick, which I honestly dont think it will when you can CS up to 4 times a turn. Hope the opponnt plays only hand disruption i suppose
My mind completely blanked on vitality band, whoops. Sorry about that. But also it seems good but not great due to the fact that you need a supporter every turn to hit one of the matchups and a supporter to hit hands. Seems decent enough for prize trade. Even with Monke though I'm slightly worried about getting consistency if stadium is removed as you are either searching out the stadium with Monke, which wastes 1 of realistically 2, 3 maximum searches every turn, so I feel festival will be solidly tier 2.

Stadium isn't a problem at all

Monke needs apple/goldeen in the active, not the stadium. As long as you have monke and goldeen/apples, you will always have the stadium. You just need to make sure apple stream is flowing and/or bench goldeen with the skateboard.

On the strategy:

Stadium bumping is a terrible idea vs the deck (& shows that the dude you are repying to didn't bother to read the cards), not only they are hand crippling you every turn, they have the guaranteed stadium as long as they don't have all monke on the bench (that's why Greninja is actually very threatening for the deck); but even in that position all they really need is finding a nest/UB/poffin for goldeen and monke is live again.

The way to beat festival deck is to know how to break the insane prize mapping deck has and how to win without two prizers.
Have you actually tested this deck? It's checks? It's counters? And how does Goldeen help you get your festival grounds back in play? Without your realistically 2 free searches a turn you are inconsistent. Also, now you're just being rude.
"shows that the dude you are repying to didn't bother to read the cards"
That's just low at this point.
Also on your point on the Greninja? Manaphy exists. Goldeen doesn't help the deck it deals 20 damage a turn and discard an energy.
It's a good deck, I'm not discrediting that. I'm saying that it isn't as good as you think it is. Crisis Punch being able to grab you 3 prizes would be huge for the deck as well.
ah...

Now this is what the internet is for.
Stubbornly arguing with strangers, with neither of us willing to back down.
I suppose since you blatantly insulted me earlier, I should get back at you.
"shows that the dude you are repying to didn't bother to read the cards"
YOU MADE A SPELLING MISTAKE! IT'S SPELT REPLYING!!!

Edit: You appear to be right, I cannot read. Thwackey does work even when no festival grounds. Whoops.

Last edited:
The way I SCREAMED with joy upon seeing the Kieran and Carmine cards- I've been checking as often as I could since the ordinary ones were here, and now? SPECIAL CARDS! Best day ever– I will die to get my hands on those cards and the Kieran and Carmine playmat.

Evolution TM grants the attack to the Pokemon. I do not see why it couldn't use TMs as well.
Attacks or abilities a card has are the ones printed on it, and only the ones printed on it.

Attacks or abilities a card can use include both the ones printed on it as well as the ones printed on other cards, such as the TM or Seal Stone Tools.

The reason we're even having any confusion about this in the first place is because the LOR Cramorant and cards similar to it used an incorrect translation that persisted through Obsidian Flames. They never should have said "this Pokémon's attacks" (aka attacks this Pokémon has), but rather "the attacks this Pokémon uses". This language has since been corrected in Paradox Rift on the likes of Simisage.

Cram, Simisage, etc. explicitly interact with attacks on TMs and Seal Stones, because those are attacks used by them.

Goldeen, Swirlix, Dipplin, etc. explicitly do not interact with attacks on TMs and Seal Stones, because those are attacks they do not have.

Precise language is very important in a card game, because it leads to distinctions like this that are deep and thought-provoking. Don't overlook them!

No worries. I have thought about the cards for the past week or so and even printed proxies as i thought my special event would have twilight legal (its TEF format lol), so i obviously gathered some info that isn't apparent.

I tested certain MU's to death against myself and came quickly to certain conclusions like stamp being incredibly OP and the optimal ace spec as deck is a combo control deck rather than a combo/aggro deck. Using that early stamp changes a bunch of MU's instantly as you can supplement it with gusting options or more hand control options.

Last edited:
It’s wild people either think Secret Box is busted or entirely underwhelming. Gotta say I think in decks that can afford to play it it’s gonna be insane. I love it. Super scary card possibly.

Also I never thought a default Venipede would be a chase card for me but it’s that lovable little guy done by Komiya, I’ve gotta have it.

It’s wild people either think Secret Box is busted or entirely underwhelming. Gotta say I think in decks that can afford to play it it’s gonna be insane. I love it. Super scary card possibly.

Also I never thought a default Venipede would be a chase card for me but it’s that lovable little guy done by Komiya, I’ve gotta have it.

Is neither. However, if i had to choose, it is closer to mid/bad, rather than "broken".

- Supporters usually search items, so grabbing a supporter makes no difference

- You are giving up on catcher, the good ace spec energy and unfair stamp which are game changing cards.

When you are measured against those, you are really not well positioned. Card is very niche

Unfair stamp/catcher is better in most cases. Top decks are already consitent in the set-up (not you, lugia).

I don't think people realizes how unfair stamp is going to change the game
I also think it's cool that Reset Stamp lets you draw a fresh hand and disrupt your opponent on an item card. Even in games where you don't shut down or slow down a turbo deck with it, it's still like getting a free Shauna/Youngster/Professor Oak's Research (not to be mistaken with Professor's Research). A shuffle-draw-5 item has to be worth something, but when you throw in a disruptive element, it's able to give a discard-3-search-4-types-of-cards ACE SPEC a better run for its money.

After Mask of Change we're at 704/1025 Pokemon printed during Gen 9.
I have been trying to do a “collect them all” with Pokémon for a while now. S&V has been a big help, but I’m only doing baby Pokémon, because they ones with rule boxes you can’t see their Pokédex number. I only have 30 left btw!

Back