ALL 'Phantom Forces' Scans! [10/24]

RE: 115+ 'Phantom Forces' Scans! [10/24]

Water Pokémon Master said:
I can't believe people actually think my edit is real. I can't even pull a joke these days because people don't even get that it's a joke. :p Though I am laughing because I wonder how many people will try to sneeze this card away tomorrow, haha.

No one found the other edited card yet. I doubt anyone will. :p

Oh, thank goodness. I knew that was too goofy to be real; there were too many questions raised in my mind, if it was. I had to point it out. (But then again, it didn't look edited... Still kind of doesn't, if you ask me; only noticeable with the red line right above "opponent".) It seemed like a joke someone at TPCi made because of the original wording and somehow forgot to erase it before finalizing it. Ha ha. Good job. :p

haha turns out I lost because I didn't PM until a minute ago. Pretty funny actually, good job with this WPM, do this again with ORAS.

I don't seem to see the usage behind Battle Compressor. Why would you go searching through your deck only to discard three cards? If you didn't want them in your deck, why put them in? And why would you want a smaller deck (after the discarding)?

SilentlyFreezing said:
I don't seem to see the usage behind Battle Compressor. Why would you go searching through your deck only to discard three cards. If you didn't want them in your deck, why put them in? And why would you want a smaller deck (after the discarding)?

For an example, you may want to get a few fire energy in your discard to use blacksmith.

For anyone who wants to see it, here's the original card before editing.

98-jamming-net3.jpg

SilentlyFreezing said:
I don't seem to see the usage behind Battle Compressor. Why would you go searching through your deck only to discard three cards? If you didn't want them in your deck, why put them in? And why would you want a smaller deck (after the discarding)?

Maybe you can use it in a Night March deck, where discarding Pokémon with Night March is the most important part of the deck

bbninjas said:
SilentlyFreezing said:
I don't seem to see the usage behind Battle Compressor. Why would you go searching through your deck only to discard three cards. If you didn't want them in your deck, why put them in? And why would you want a smaller deck (after the discarding)?

For an example, you may want to get a few fire energy in your discard to use blacksmith.

Ah, I forgot about cards that retrieve from the discard pile.

For anyone who wants to see it, here's the original card before editing.

98-jamming-net3.jpg

It is not even April Fools yet!? You better have something even better planned...

Machamp The Champion said:
With Enhanced Hammer back in format, Xerosic seems pretty useless.

Xerosic can be used on an opponent's card, or on your own, like if you use a Spirit Link tool card on your Gengar/Manectric EX and want to put a new tool on, where Enhanced Hammer can only remove special energies from the opponent.

That Goodra could work as a really good Garbotoxin blocker (Rare Candy)

SilentlyFreezing said:
Machamp The Champion said:
With Enhanced Hammer back in format, Xerosic seems pretty useless.

Xerosic can be used on an opponent's card, or on your own, like if you use a Spirit Link tool card on your Gengar/Manectric EX and want to put a new tool on, where Enhanced Hammer can only remove special energies from the opponent.

Yeah, but it's a supporter, so you waste your supporter for the turn on it. All of the effects Xerosic can do can be done by other cards (Enhanced Hammer, Megaphone, Tool Retriever), but in Item form. I suppose you can play Xerosic when Seismitoad is using Quaking Punch, and Xerosic is all these cards in 1, but these minor effects are just too weak to be worth playing a supporter for it.

I can't believe people actually think my edit is real. I can't even pull a joke these days because people don't even get that it's a joke. :p Though I am laughing because I wonder how many people will try to sneeze this card away tomorrow, haha.

is the other thing spiritomb's first move being called B cancel

also i made an account just for this

Yeah, seeing all the cards now I can safely say I don't really like much from this set, both gameplay-wise as well as art-wise (those ugly, overly colourful backgrounds). Still interested in maybe trying out that Florges EX in a Fairy swarm deck some time though.

Dogdufus said:

is the other thing spiritomb's first move being called B cancel

also i made an account just for this
No, ''B Cancel'' is the real name of the attack :D

A Regigigas card that's actually good?

daniel_bryan_yes.gif
daniel_bryan_yes.gif
daniel_bryan_yes.gif

daniel_bryan_yes.gif
daniel_bryan_yes.gif
daniel_bryan_yes.gif

daniel_bryan_yes.gif
daniel_bryan_yes.gif
daniel_bryan_yes.gif

daniel_bryan_yes.gif
daniel_bryan_yes.gif
daniel_bryan_yes.gif

If you play your cards right you can get a T2 100 damage attack. Pretty good IMO for a non EX.

Reggie McGigas said:

Hey reggi slow dwn n da gifs

If you play your cards right you can get a T2 100 damage attack. Pretty good IMO for a non EX.

That Regi is smooth, for realz :cool:

I plan on ordering any cards I need from this set, rather than Booster Packing for them. I'll probably get the Bronzong Line, a few Regigigas, VS Seeker, Lysandre's Trump Card (I actually like this better than the other name), Xerosic, and then maybe a few other misc things as time goes on, like Heliolisk, Pyroar, Goodra, Wobbuffet, Dimensional Valley, and Target Whistle.

I'm kind-of torn right now. For Christmas, I really wanted a M Metagross collection, but at the same time, I would really like a Booster Box of this set. The reason I want the M Metagross collection is because I'm guaranteed 2 EX's, a playmat, and I'm pretty sure that at least 1 or 2 of the packs will be weighed for Holos/Ultra Rares. Also, since it only costs $40, I can still request other things from my parents this year, like a PS Store Gift Card or something else. The reason I want a Booster Box is because I usually only play the TCG with my family, so having lots of bulk Rares actually helps in the long run. Also, with a Booster Box, I'm guaranteed at least a few EX's, and all the ones in this set are really playable, even the pre-evolutions for the Megas! Also, if I ever end up pulling a really good card I don't need, I can always just trade away for something different. The reason I don't want it is because then I wouldn't be able to ask for anything else from my parents that year. What do you guys think?

SilentlyFreezing said:

It'd be good if you wanted to use a card in your hand that searches your discard, such as Blacksmith, Shadow Triad, Superior Energy Retrieval, Dowsing Machine, and others. I could also see it working in a Plasma Flareon deck when you want more Pokemon in your discard. It'd also be a good way to get Exeggcute out so you don't have to waste an Ultra Ball on it. I could see the card getting some play, maybe only 1 or 2 per deck.

Edit: Or just thin your deck out before playing N/Shauna/Colress.

Reggie McGigas said:

I mean...Fighting is still prominent in this format and Mewtwo would love to X-Ball your two-DCE'd Gigas. It's a pretty awful card to say the least.

I tried /very/ hard finding that second edit but to no avail. I have no idea what it could be lol.

Serperior said:
It's a pretty Awful Card

DCE may not be what he's talking about. I see the King Of The Golems mixing well in Bronzong Decks.

Back