Amulet of Hope ACE SPEC Revealed from “Supercharged Breaker!”

There is such a pressure to set up reliably and chain KOs as necessary this format that I don’t know what deck could afford to play this. If anything, the decks that would probably want this the most are to prevent Iono from screwing up their momentum. Those decks are already trying Secret Box for setup, and secret box is more versatile since it can set up early and more reliable to draw into being an item instead of a tool.

I can’t believe I’m defending Secret Box. I can see folks trying it for good reason, but I don’t see it being that worth it over other Ace Specs

So everything becomes a dead Radiant Jirachi? Cool.

It has potential, but it's extraordinarily niche. It can't stand next to the always-useful Prime Catcher and such.

I don't see this outdoing any of the currently used Ace Specs in Standard, nor is it going to move the needle for Expanded. There isn't a deck in Expanded that could use this successfully, especially since you have to expect Tools not lasting much longer than the turn you use them. The only deck that COULD successfully use it would be Bunnelby control, and the competition there is Neutralization Center, Legacy Energy, and probably 1-2 others that I can't name off the top of my head. But Bunnelby Control is stupid versatile with Ace Spec usage.

That said, I would not be surprised we see bulk bin Ace Spec in the 1st or 2nd place list in 2025 NAIC. At least it has better potential than Dangerous Laser

Another Ace Spec that will be amazing once Lost Vacuum goes away! Yay!

At least there's now the funny strategy of throwing this on a Radiant Jirachi and getting six cards when it gets KO'd.

Sam's club will be having these for $194? Basically meaning, these were NOT selling at all at Gamestop, Best Buy, etc. So, since no one wanted them from other stores, and if someone were to buy them for the nostalgic factor that the 30th Anniversary Might bring, thus soaring in price, is that scalping?
Screenshot_20241002-051633_Sam's Club.jpg

Back