• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

AngerVelt (Darkrai / Yveltal)

socery

I love being bad
Experience: Veteran
So I have found in many things that dark anger is the best motivator to do well (for me, not you), hence the name.

Pokemon
  • 2 Darkrai ex (retreat)
  • 1 Keldeo ex (rush in)
  • 1 Absol (non-ex)
  • 3 Yveltal ex (main attacker)
  • 1 Bouffalant (non- ex)
    1 Voltorb
    1 Electrode
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums
  • 4 Professor Juniper (draw)
  • 2 N (draw, I say shauna over N because you draw prizes quickly)
  • 4 Hypnotoxic Laser (OOPH)
  • 1 Random Receiver (consistency)
  • 1 Professor's Letter (energy search)
  • 3 Ultra Ball (search)
  • 3 Shauna (draw)
  • 4 Dark Patch (energy acceleration)
  • 4 Roller Skates (draw)
  • 1 Dowsing Machine
  • 2 Pokemon Catcher
  • 3 Energy Switch
  • 2 Virbank City Gym
  • 2 Dark Claw ( I always want to have muscle/ claw on Yveltal)
  • 3 Muscle Band
Energy
  • 8 Darkness Energy
  • 3 DCE

Strategy So you try to draw through your deck as fast as possible, and get a turn one Evil ball.

Edited to coincide with the rules! :D ~Kecleon

RE: AngerVelt (Darkrai/ Yveltal Agro)

This deck is a unique build, so there's not too much I can really say to edit it card-for-card. In any case, you lose a lot of steam late game, and I don't think the early game pressure can make up for that. Plasma with Thundurus will steamroll you here, Black Kyurem EX/ Rayquaza EX will also have a field day. Unfortunately, even hitting for 100 turn one may not cut it anymore; if you can't blast through them in the first few turns, you're gonna lose.

What I would do is add more Darkrai, and make the deck's focus getting a turn 1 or 2 night spear. That extra snipe damage is extremely valuable, and as your Darkrai puts damage all over their board, you can set up a Yveltal EX in the background then go to town. Not quite as fast, but it has so much more sustain. In that case, I'd add another mini Yveltal and a Sableye. The Sableye would really be for late game, grabbing you just enough to get out one more Darkrai/Yveltal, which can win you the game.

A few more general things that could apply to most speed dark decks:
- You only want 4 Muscle band, if even that. Any more and it's just too cluttered.
- You want 4 Ultra Ball, the discard is neccesary.
- Consider 9 Dark energy, for consistency sake.
- This is an opinion thing, but an N for 6 on turn one is better than a Shauna for 5. I would go 3-2 instead of 2-3, but that is something that just needs to be tested out.
- For speed decks, you aim for consistency. Absol and Bouffalant are great cards, but I don't think they have that much of a place in speed decks such as this. I would take out Absol over Bouffalant, but both should go. In the same vein of consistency, Roller Skates and Catcgers are iffy. I see their purpose, but relying on flips to set you up just isn't a great way to go. If just put in more bikes.
-Consider Bianca; she's just an awesome card in here, I like her a lot.

Those are just some of the more basic things I could think of, but it's kinda late so I may have missed something. Tell me what you think of my feedback here, we can keep working this, and good luck!

Some thoughts for your consideration (based upon my playing experience, building and playing a similar deck version, an in-depth analysis of this deck with several top-notch players, several discussions with a Poké pal who just won a State tournament with his version of this deck):

• If your lone Darkrai EX is ever prized, then you have no Dark Cloak Ability to free retreat your active Poké. I would suggest you run 2.
  • Why no Sableye??? At some point during the game, I would imagine you would expend most/all of your resources without an ability to recover useful Item resources. Chances are you will not be able to consistently overwhelm opponents (especially experienced players) with the deck's inherent speed.
  • Why only 1 Yveltal? This is a great (and your best, IMHO) starter given your current deck list. I would suggest you run 2.
  • Having 4 DCEs increases your chances of drawing into one, especially since you are not running Computer Search.
I hope you find these comments helpful.

I would lessen the amount of yvetal ex and switch that for 1 more darkrai, plus lose the keldeo, it is a liability.

Back