Any Decent Genesect-EX Deck Options?

Capablanca

Aspiring Trainer
It somehow happened that i have like 4-5 of Genesect EX cards Fates Collide 64/124, like 4-5 from tradelocked boosters.
Is there a way to use them in a good deck? Or is there a Genesect-based deck?

Excuse me, i`m very new to the game, so i cant build such deck on my own, cause i dont know much about which cards fit, there are too many.

Last edited:
Moved from the Deck Garage to the TCG Help & Advice since the Deck Garage is for posting full 60-card decklists. Also, you may like to specify which Genesect-EX, because there is actually a plasma version and a metal version. =P ~bbninjas

Hi there! Wow, that's a lot of Genesects, I've only managed to pull one irl... You can check out the Deck Garage for other decks on Genesect if you're looking for examples.

There is a deck for it, but that's in Expanded, Genesect's best way of Energy Acceleration (Bronzong PHF) just got rotated out, but in Expanded you can play still play it. It''s ability lets you attach an Energy from you discard to one of your Benched Pokemon, so once you discard Genesect's Energy, you just put it back on again (though you may need a bit of work to attach it to the same Genesect). It also has a decent BREAK so if you choose to include that, Bronzong can turn into a decent attacker. Another good partner for it would be Keldeo EX so you can pivot and attach those Energy onto the same Genesect, or even switch out your Active Pokemon for one that has a lesser chance of being Knocked Out.

In Standard there aren't many options. However, Togekiss AT isn't that bad with it, it's Ability lets you look at the top eight cards of your deck and attach any Energy found there to your Pokemon. Combined with Devolution Spray and luck, it can turn into a fairly reliable engine. Though you'll also need some way to get those energy back into your deck once you discard them. Cobalion (STS) is not a bad partner with it, it doesn't accelerate Energy but it's not a bad Pokemon as it's first attack gives it immunity to Basics for a turn and it's second attack can sweep if you're opponent has taken a lot of Prizes.

Hope this helps!

Back