Anyone here like Keeping fish as pets?

Hey Rage thats Awesome That you have managed to Actually breed some of the Rare Species of Cichlids That's Really Awesome! Ive managed To breed my Pepermint Bristlenosed Catfish Which I sell the Fry for about 30.00AUD ea when there about 3-4cm in length.

Nice fishes MACHAMP_MASTER!! What is fish in the bottom called?

I can get all of my fish species to breed but some of the females have bad maternal instinct; they can not resist the temptations of food...so they eat their eggs just so that they can eat the food.
FYI: all of my fishes I keep are mouthbrooders; ie: females hold eggs in their mouth until they hatch....

I think those cheap x Amount of fish for $1 are the best for me lol. They are great for my pet Turtle to eat =P

He eats them so they don't last too long though lol. Which is cool with me since they are cheap lol.

But I am a fan of all water creatures, especially exotic fish cause they are cool to look at.

I have a beta, that's it but planning on getting a mini stingray this Christmas.

Oh, wow, it's been a while since I've had any fish as pets. When I did, though, they were Bettas. I loved their flourishing colors. :D

Unfortunately, though, they would never survive more than a month or two - an indicator of why I haven't had any for a couple of years. xD

P1010088.JPG

my favorite kapampa male who sadly passed away a year ago:
KapampaMale1.jpg

MACHAMP_MASTER said:
Medaforcer: those cat fish you speak of could be Bristnosed catfish Post a picture and I will ID them for you :)

Ah I looked it up. No that is not it. It is much broader and has spikes along both sides of its angular back. It looks like a fossil. I have no camera to show it with. :[

I had fish but thay died after two days. That ruined my fish experience. Oh and once when I was like 4 or 5 I tried to put action figures in my fish tank and it fell on me. (the fish tank not the figures)

No one else keeps saltwater? :(

I have *cracks knuckles* 1 20gal. Nano reef(term usually used for <40gal. reef tanks), 1 55gal. Saltwater Fish Only tank, 1 16 gal. freshwater, and 1 29gal. fresh water.

Yes, I have real live corals in my reef tank. :p

BTW, Machamp_Master, love the Black Ghost Knife. I have one in my 29gal. One of my all time favorite fish!

Back