AP Courses

Holy Star said:
Bo-bo-bo-bo-bo-bo-bo-bo-bo. said:
sorry, no advice. What is college like?
If it's not contributing to the discussion (no advice), then that's spamming.

College is much different from high school in that you get to choose what times to take your classes. Want to sleep in late? Well, if you work your schedule out accordingly, you could!

As for AP courses, I would have to say that they can be quite difficult. But, after getting through them, the college credit is definitely worth it!

Well, since you get to choose your AP classes they shouldn't be difficult, because those are the classes you specialize in.
If you take them to get a college credit and it is for a specific career, that is extremely helpful.
Most AP classes are overall worth it.

Like I take AP English, World Geography and Biology, all A's . It will pay off for my future Job.:)

AP Classes are only worth it if you can pull of a decent grade and keep your GPA
AND get A decent score on the AP exam.

You can do ok in the Class and do bad on the AP exam; it's the AP exam that you need to worry about.
I did some AP MATH - Classes in High School Myself (looong time a go)

Black Rayquaza said:
vilebaseball said:
Uhh, yes it does. If it's a mediocre - poor college (because I live in Michigan I can think of these off the top of my head) like Central Michigan or Grand Valley, they let pretty much everyone in, so obviously they could care less about AP stuff. If it's a nice - amazing school like University of Michigan or Princeton, obviously, I would give your uncles opinion more weight.

Since when is Central a mediocre school? I live in MI too and thats way off. It's like

Top Tier
Michigan
MSU
MIT
Hope

Standard Tier
Central
Wayne State
UDM
Western (kinda)

Mediocre
Eastern
Northern
Grand Valley State
Saginaw Valley State
etc. etc.

Sorry to everyone who has no idea what I'm talking about. As far as AP courses here, I REALLY want to know what they are weighted as, but I would figure the 5.0 is an A theory.

-Black Rayquaza

I consider Harvard a top tier. Just because we don't have any top tier schools in Michigan doesn't mean everything jumps up a level. Try:

Upper Tier
Michigan
MSU
Hillsdale
MIT

Middle/Mediocre Tier
Central
Wayne State
UDM
Hope
Kalamazoo
Grand Valley

Lower/Just-Go-To-The-Job-That-Doesn't-Require-A-College-Education-And-Save-The-Money Tier
Western
Eastern
Northern
Saginaw Valley State
etc. etc.

d master342 said:
Well it wasn't on purpose! >_> Anyway, he sounded bored, so maybe it would be better if he took AP classes. A classic kick in the butt. You can always switch out of them if they're too hard anyway. I'd say give it a shot actually.

dmaster out.

I already have been taking them; I just want to know whether they're truly worth it, though. In other words, I wanted know if I should stay in them, or not.

If you have to ask, then maybe you shouldn't go for the AP classes. An AP class is just like any other class as far as I'm concerned, and they only thing that you should worry about is if you want to take it. I must advise that you take the class, but also do your best for the AP exam, college credit is nice, and if you can pull it off, then you should take the courses.

DawnOfXatu said:
If you have to ask, then maybe you shouldn't go for the AP classes. An AP class is just like any other class as far as I'm concerned, and they only thing that you should worry about is if you want to take it. I must advise that you take the class, but also do your best for the AP exam, college credit is nice, and if you can pull it off, then you should take the courses.

Like I've said before, I have been taking them for quite a while now, and I'm pretty sure I know what they're like. Although it's only one, and there is only one available to my grade level at my school, it's still an official AP course. My question is; is it truly worth it to continue taking them?

My grade is believe it or not, actually a full 100 in the course (AP world history) but it's only that because I've been working so hard in it. I know that they call them rigorous for a reason; I'm experiencing why. But in order to keep up with the rest of the class, I guess I'll just have to suck it up, and continue taking them, right?

Back