• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Archeops/Aerodactyl

Dwarf240

Aspiring Trainer
Deck Idea so far, open for ideas
Edited
Pokemon (15)
Archeops NVI (3-3)
Tornadus EX NXD(3)
Groudon DEX and/or Terrakion EX DrExp (2)
Mewtwo EX NXD (2)
Emolga C4F DrExp (2)

Trainer (33)
Twist Mountain (4)
Skyarrow Bridge (2)
Plume Fossil (3)
Juniper (3)
Cheren (3)
'N' (3)
Super Rod (1)
Energy Retrival (2)
Poke Comm (3)
Switch (3)
Tool Scraper (2)
Catcher (4)

Energy (12)
4 {C}{C}
8 {F}

The idea of this deck is to get out Archeops out as soon as possible, perfer by the 3rd turn (I need a faster way to get Archeops out, and i need room for catcher, and Tool Scraper). Aerodactyls for extra hit power. Tornadus to take advantage of Stadiums, while Groudon spreads damage.

Again, I am open to ideas!!

If you need to get Archeops out sooner, I would advise more Plume Fossil over Old Amber. I also think 4 Twist Mountains would be a necessity to ensure that you can get it out turn 1 EVERY time.

It's hard for me to justify not having 4 N's even when a deck is a different one like this. I'm not sure how I like Aero here it's often times hard enough restoring 1 Pokemon and doing two can create a lot of clutter in a deck especially when you want to get 2-3 Aero's out and happen to not get Twist Mountain. I like the idea of Archeops though as he is good against every single good deck in the format.

You have a bit too much energy as well for my tastes. I'm going to overall advise trying

-3 Aero
-3 Old Amber
-1/2 Cheren
-1 Super Rod
-3 Fighting Energy
+1 Plume Fossil
+1 Twist Mountain
+1/2 N
+4 Catcher
+2 Tool Scrapper
+2 Mewtwo EX(if you can get him).

Mewtwo helps make use of your DCE when Tornadus isn't using them. In general I don't think you should be attacking with Archeops at all so you don't need as much energy. This isn't bad overall though as nothing in the deck will ever really need more than 2 Fighting energies at a time.

irondragon12 said:
If you need to get Archeops out sooner, I would advise more Plume Fossil over Old Amber. I also think 4 Twist Mountains would be a necessity to ensure that you can get it out turn 1 EVERY time.

It's hard for me to justify not having 4 N's even when a deck is a different one like this. I'm not sure how I like Aero here it's often times hard enough restoring 1 Pokemon and doing two can create a lot of clutter in a deck especially when you want to get 2-3 Aero's out and happen to not get Twist Mountain. I like the idea of Archeops though as he is good against every single good deck in the format.

You have a bit too much energy as well for my tastes. I'm going to overall advise trying

-3 Aero
-3 Old Amber
-1/2 Cheren
-1 Super Rod
-3 Fighting Energy
+1 Plume Fossil
+1 Twist Mountain
+1/2 N
+4 Catcher
+2 Tool Scrapper
+2 Mewtwo EX(if you can get him).

Mewtwo helps make use of your DCE when Tornadus isn't using them. In general I don't think you should be attacking with Archeops at all so you don't need as much energy. This isn't bad overall though as nothing in the deck will ever really need more than 2 Fighting energies at a time.

I did think that adding Aerodactyl, as you would have to do a toss up of whether to use Plume or Old Amber, so yeah, I am taking out the Aerodactyls, and Frees up 6 spots, I will take out 3/4 Fight energy. I only have a catcher, but since it is shiny i could possibly get 2 for 1, and I proxy catchers with gust of wind. Tool Scraper is the same way, i have a shiny, and could get 2. And Mewtwo EX I can do.

Dwarf240 said:
I did think that adding Aerodactyl, as you would have to do a toss up of whether to use Plume or Old Amber, so yeah, I am taking out the Aerodactyls, and Frees up 6 spots, I will take out 3/4 Fight energy. I only have a catcher, but since it is shiny i could possibly get 2 for 1, and I proxy catchers with gust of wind. Tool Scraper is the same way, i have a shiny, and could get 2. And Mewtwo EX I can do.

Ha yeah Catcher is annoying to get and me and a buddy of mine also proxy Catchers with GoW. I like the adding of Blend Energy here as they're helpful for all of your Pokemon. Overall I really like the build of this and could see Archeops having some potential if you could prove to get him out turn 3 every time. Keep me updated on how it does!

irondragon12 said:
Ha yeah Catcher is annoying to get and me and a buddy of mine also proxy Catchers with GoW. I like the adding of Blend Energy here as they're helpful for all of your Pokemon. Overall I really like the build of this and could see Archeops having some potential if you could prove to get him out turn 3 every time. Keep me updated on how it does!

Sure will, I just dont like joining people with the decks you hear everyday. I like trying to find a way to disrupt their strategies. And then find a way that not only works on one deck, but works on the majority of decks.

I'd suggest adding in a Terra EX or 2 in place of Zekrom EX and a Groudon. It helps power up your Mewtwos and other attackers much faster, and helps your Mewtwo/Terra matchup a lot.

Puff said:
I'd suggest adding in a Terra EX or 2 in place of Zekrom EX and a Groudon. It helps power up your Mewtwos and other attackers much faster, and helps your Mewtwo/Terra matchup a lot.

With the Terrakion and Groudon, I will probably use what i can get first (which would probably be Groudon), And Zekrom is my Water Counter, as needed, because water decks are going to be fairly popular with Blastoise are coming out, but subject to change.

I think I would still take out Zekrom. Blastoise and Keldeo are actually weak to {G} anyway, and since you don't OHKO them other wise, you'd have to fight to keep the energy attached to it for Strong Volt, not to mention, while your powering it and Terrakion comes along. If you're worried about Blastoise, Shaymin could help you take an extra prize of two. It would at least be more effective than Zekrom. And then of course take out the Blends.

^I could actually see the Shaymin part being a good point if you really are that worried about BlastDeo. Otherwise else just try and power up your Mewtwo as much as possible and Catcher accordingly- catcher Keldeo if he has energy to make them waste Super Rods, or catcher Blastoise to get rid of their strategy and especially if they have a ton of energy in their hand waiting to be used.

Mora said:
I think I would still take out Zekrom. Blastoise and Keldeo are actually weak to {G} anyway, and since you don't OHKO them other wise, you'd have to fight to keep the energy attached to it for Strong Volt, not to mention, while your powering it and Terrakion comes along. If you're worried about Blastoise, Shaymin could help you take an extra prize of two. It would at least be more effective than Zekrom. And then of course take out the Blends.

I didnt look at Blastoise's weakness, as I assumed the weakness was {L} so this would be a first for Blastoise, so yeah, Zekrom is a waste of space, and only work if I happen to have a Blend in my hand.

Back