XY Are You Going to Spoil Yourself This Generation?

mijumarulover

Water Pokemon Trainer
Are you going to spoil yourself with new information this generation? Are you going to play the game, with no knowledge of what you're going to encounter and be surprised?

I tried to not look at the leaks when it started but its so hard and so tempting!! Wether I spoil myself with all the info or just pay no mind to it all and play the game with no idea of what to expect I'm going to enjoy the game nonetheless.

The only things I'm looking at are things that official sources show us. I like being surprised when it comes to plot details and that one rare Pokemon that appears on that one obscure route and etc.

I don't want to spoil myself... but considering how curious I am, and how much I love to know all the new Pokemon ASAP, I probably will... again...

Besides knowing the new Pokemon (really hard to avoid those kinds of things unless you like don't go on the internet or outside your house lol), I actually want to really try going through these games as blind as humanly possible. With the release dates being simultaneous for these games, the chances of hearing plot spoilers and things like that months before are less likely to happen than they have in the past, which encourages more surprises (hopefully).

dmaster out.

I'll look at official things and rumors until the game comes out. Once the game is out I'll probably play it to completion then look at guides to see what I missed.

I will never be able to do it haha! I will stop looking around on other sites as soon as I get my copy, but I want to help sites and love knowing things as and when everyone else does haha! But I think they're will be many things I will discover myself, so it's not like I will ruin the games for myself, I enjoyed Black and White a lot and I'd already played through the Japanese Version haha!

So in full, yes, I'll spoil every little bit but still love the game entirely.
[private] I removed the mentioning of Bulbapedia *Drohn
I will never be able to do it haha! I will stop looking around on other sites as soon as I get my copy, but I want to help sites (like Bulbapedia etc.) and love knowing things as and when everyone else does haha! But I think they're will be many things I will discover myself, so it's not like I will ruin the games for myself, I enjoyed Black and White a lot and I'd already played through the Japanese Version haha!

So in full, yes, I'll spoil every little bit but still love the game entirely
[/private]

I was originally planning to play the game blind, but realised that that was impossible.

I'm now planning to only look at official reveals to get an idea of what there might be.

I'm going to play the games,without looking on Internetsites for Infos. I think Pokemon isn't a game where you must have a guidebook to find something, because it is hidden so deep in an area you wouldn't find it without help or can't get the Item because you didn't complete the game in an predetermined way. Of course after beating the game I will look at Gamesites to look what I missed or what Events I've missed :D

Knowing all of the details ahead of time never spoils any game for me, in fact, it makes me more eager. I have to know all of the details, I'm very impatient and hope they reveal at least two new gym leaders and a handful of new Pokémon August 12. Please let Corrocoro be loaded this coming month, PLEASE!

August 12th is gonna be my best birthday ever. <3

I really spoiled HG/SS for me. Not gonna repeat the same mistake. I wanna see the shiny starters though. A yellow Chespin... Omg. :3

The only things I ever spoil for myself are Towns, Cities, Pokémon, the main characters, Gym Leaders, the Elite 4 and the evil team.

I don't mind being spoiled as long as all I see are pictures. Japan will be getting the game sometime before many of us due to time zones, so I will enjoy learning about every new Pokemon ahead of time :D

I'm going to completely disconnect myself from all Pokemon news sites starting on the Monday before XY releases. Don't want to spoil myself like I did with Black 2.

Ya know, I really don't mind spoiling myself. I spoiled myself like a rich parent spoils their rotten kids for the 4th and 5th generations, and when I finally got the games, I was only more astounded as opposed to bored or whatever. When it comes to something I like/obsess over, like (mainly Pokemon), I'm uber curious and I just gotta know everything I can.

Besides, playing any game is completely different and a whole new world than simply knowing about it beforehand. :3

Based on the worldwide release, things are a bit different this time around. Even if and when the entire 'dex gets leaked, it'll likely only be a short time before the games come out. It won't be like prior generations where I wasn't able to keep spoiler-free for months.

That being said, I'm absolutely going to spoil myself with any released Pokémon. As has been already mentioned, knowing the Pokémon beforehand makes the games that much more interesting. I usually get that "I wonder when this one is going to show up!" feeling.

I don't want to spoil myself but you know. When the games are out and every information leak, I can't help but read all of news. I don't want to do this but I can't stop myself . -_-

At last I stop to force myself and accept that soon or slow I'll know it anyway .
So I just read all the news and info that leak. Like movie, manga, anime , novel ...etc
I don't care about the spoil tag anymore. LOL
[private] Edited for grammar *Drohn
I don't want to spoil myself but you know . When the games are out and every information leak .
I can't help but read all of news . I don't want to do this but i can't stop myself . -_-

At last i stop to force myself and accept that soon or slow i'll know it anyway .
So i just read all the news and info that leak . Like movie , manga , anime , novel ...etc
i don't care about the spoil tag anymore . LOL
[/private]

Me too. I just dont think its worth not to know because I tried that in pokemon diamond and didnt enjoy more maybe even less because I couldnt be sure which pokemon is good or into which pokemon it evolves into and how/when
I remmember how bad it was leveling eevee and to not figure out how the hell am I suppose to evolve it into leafeon lol

I'm going to pay attention to all of the news happening up until release, but after that, I'm going to wait until I finish the game.

I want to know the Pokemon, their general stats, general movepool, evolution methods, and where to find them.
That's it.

Back