XY Are You Going to Spoil Yourself This Generation?

I'm trying not to, but it isn't going well. I know next to nothing about the characters, though, so that's a plus. As for anything else Nintendo chooses to show us... I guess I can trust they won't ruin it for me if I DO look. xD Though... I did read a lot of insider stuff. Hopefully I forget most of it. :p I do want to play it (mostly) blind.

I keep telling myself I'm going to try and refrain from looking for new information. Seeing as how I'm going to have to wait a good two weeks after release before I have my copy in hand. I think the time between release and when it's in my hands I will be shutting everything out. Haha, I want to be surprised by the full Pokedex and any other unreleased info. I want to experience it just like I did when I was six, and had no idea what I was in for.

I'm desperately trying not to. When Diamond and Pearl released, the only pokemon I even knew were Chimchar, Turtwig, Piplup, Dialga and Palkia and I didn't even know Dialga and Palkia's names. I was so lucky to be surprised and not spoil myself, largely because I didn't know pokebeach existed at the time. In the case of gen 5's evolutions revealed I got depressed, I actually like gen 6 evolutions better.

I will shut down Wi-Fi connections on october 12th, play the game straight in one day without info. By then I ll probably have done lots of thing wrong so I ll start over again, with some online help haha...

Considering how I've already done hundreds of hours of research, always knew the newest information firsthand, and started to make my dream team....yeah, I've already spoiled myself like a princess on her sixteenth birthday.

Looking at other people's replies, I'm starting to regret gathering information. I won't be able to feel the feeling most people had when they first got into Pokèmon....

I'll definitely spoil myself with all new pokemon list when it becomes available.
I find great enjoyment from early planning of my team as I play the game and the eventual additions and switches I have to make as I progress along.
Story plot wise, I'll try to avoid spoilers but I spoiled myself with BW where the whole N takeover of the E4 part just made me want to play it even more despite knowing the ending already. I honestly have to leave it up in the air ultimately and see which comes first: my Y version in the mail or the mass detailed info that comes when the game comes out oversea first.

I only want to know the starter evolutions, the Eeveelutions (assuming they're adding one more), and whatever Pokemon GF decides to show us before release. I won't be looking at any list when it comes available, though. Not until I beat the storyline. XP

This is hard, because this will be the first time i actually wait Pokemon game on it's release day and play it as soon as i can get (the previous ones i just played it several weeks after it releases).

Trying so hard to not look at the spoiler is impossible for me, maybe the starter evo, or some kind of important things to know. What i really don't want to see is the spoiler of Gym Leader/Elite Four/Champion's pokemon list. Seriously, i quite enjoyed being beaten for the first try, that's what make it interesting :D

If GF choose to reveal the final stage of starter's evo before the release, i think i got nothing more to see in the spoiler, will just wait for the game and be in for the surprise.

I'm looking at whatever is released prior to the game's release. It doesn't really spoil everything for me because I know that Nintendo will have lots MORE to discover once the games are out. I just have to avoid the internet when they are released until I beat the games.

I'll check all the official releases they are giving us but I'll be off the Internet between October 11th and 12th (well, not completely but you get it) so I don't accidentally see the leaks. We already know too much... I still want to be surprised and play the games as blind as I can. =X
The only thing I'd like to know ahead are the starters final evolutions because I still haven't decided on which one to choose. ^^'

I can't not spoil myself but for a different reason than most. I always get the new pokemon game for christmas so I actually have plenty of time to plan my pokemon and such.

lol. :p
I've been in hibernation mode since January. I was trying to avoid all the leaks and spoilers, and even official information from Game Freak. I just really wanted to play the game anew, not knowing anything about it. And I think it made it that much more enjoyable.

marsbar said:
I've been in hibernation mode since January. I was trying to avoid all the leaks and spoilers, and even official information from Game Freak. I just really wanted to play the game anew, not knowing anything about it. And I think it made it that much more enjoyable.

With no spoilers at all?

I wonder how much time it took you to finish the game?
if you finished at all
Also wondering: what team you have and if you managed to evolve Pokemon like Sylveon and Pangoro by yourself? haha

scattered mind said:
marsbar said:

With no spoilers at all?

I wonder how much time it took you to finish the game?
if you finished at all
Also wondering: what team you have and if you managed to evolve Pokemon like Sylveon and Pangoro by yourself? haha

Ahaha. It has been really hard I must admit. I TRIED to avoid the spoilers... ;) I'm up to the fourth gym now. I accidentally evolved Pancham. I didn't know about the specific conditions, but he evolved anyway because I had Greninja on my team. I thought it was just a normal level up until a friend told me about it :/ And I still don't know how to get Slyveon. I wouldn't be surprised if it evolves with a stone. I guess I'll have to find out someday.

My team? Well for now, I have Pikachu, Greninja, Lucario (the mega one), Talonflame, Diggersby (I find he makes a very good HM slave) and Amaura. I trained a Hawlucha for the Fighting gym, but Lucario has taken his place now.
I find it really cool to finally have an all 3D the Pokemon on a handheld... WOOOO!!!
Can't wait to transfer all me pokemon from gen V when Bank comes out later.

Back