Artist Review- Midori Harada

Tomokazu Komiya

He's cool. Sorta.
Well, I'm back into writing artist reviews. :D Today's artist is Midori Harada. This artist jumped on the bandwagon around EX Ruby/Sapphire, and has stuck ever since. This artist specializes in more of a soft, sketchy style which I like. It has greatly developed from the original Ruby/Sapphire style, which was stuff like this.
treecko75.jpg
Well, it's time for best and worst.
BEST:
(drum roll, please)
Emerald Vulpix!!!!!
072%20vulpix.jpg

Wow. So nice and soft... smooth.. cute.... and the little flame!! Awesome!!! 10/10!!!!
WORST:
(drum roll, again)
Legend Maker Muk!!!! (I have no image of it)
Ugh. What were they thinking? What were they mad? It looks like an ACTUAl pile of crap!!! Good job!!!

So, that's Midori Harada.A pretty good artist in my opinion. A nice break away from the usual TCG extremely realistic or extremely bad trend. 8/10.

Oh, and if someone has a picture of that LM Muk, can they please post it? Thanks!

PokéBeach has a scan of it:

11.jpg

Sketchy is probably one of my favourite types of drawings on the cards - I mean the models/hard lined ones are okay, but this gives a more cartoony feel, like the anime only less Sugimori-ised.

However, my true favourite one is Ryo Ueda's kinda CGI-ey ones like Espeon ex UF, Celebi ex UF, etc.

he is a very good artist, in my opinion. i like the vulpix a lot too, good GOODS and BADS Tomo. i might do one later, either that or a Deck Report. good job.

Arcanine out.

There are very good at drawing cute-looking Pokemon like Aquapolis Eevee.
http://pokemon.tcgplayer.com/tcg/scans/aquapolis/075eevee.jpg

Back