Artist Review- Mitsuhiro Arita

Tomokazu Komiya

He's cool. Sorta.
Okay, thought I would talk a bit about my favorite artist. As you may know, Ken Sugimori, Kejii Kinebuchi, and Mitsuhiro Arita were (almost) the only 3 artists in the original set. Arita illustrated influential cards such as Charizard, Venusaur, and Gyarados. Kinebuchi disappeared after Fossil, but popped up again later in Aquapolis, then disappeared completely in favor of new CG artists such as Ryo Ueda and Hikaru Koike. Ken Sugimori mainly disappeared after EX Deoxys, but recently drew a few cards that appeared in the newest set, Holon Phantoms (but these were just promos in Japan). He's more of an on-and-off thing, as ne didn't appear in the 3 main E-reader game sets, but did appear in Ruby and Sapphire again. He'll be back for some more work later.... (probably too busy working on the new video games...) But Mitsuhiro Arita has lasted through and through. Only vanishing during the Gym sets (where the new artist, Atsuko Nishida, and Ken Sugimori practically did the whole sets), Arita has done amazing work from Gengar EX of Fire Red/Leaf Green to Dark Weezing of Team Rocket Returns. But now, for the best and worst....

BEST​
Drum roll, please.....
SHROOMISH OF EX EMERALD!!!!!
063%20shroomish.jpg

Wow, just look at that form!!! True, Shroomish is never a sight you like to see, but this is just amazing!! Looks almost like a photo.... Almost....
Well, after best, there has to be....
WORST​
It's kinda hard to find a bad Arita illustration, but.... (chuckle)...
CLEFAIRY OF EX FIRE RED AND LEAF GREEN!!!!!!
059%20clefairy.jpg

Got the idea from bass_forte. Wow. A fat little squat Clefairy waggling it's finger. Not the worst illustration ever (to see that one look at my avatar), but preeetty bad. Good thing it evolves into the well illustrated Clefable EX.
So.... that's Mitsuhiro Arita for ya!! In my opinion, the best artist EVER, but hey, that's just me. Tell me, what do YOU people think? Hmm? And please, only post here if you have something beneficial to add to this "artist's chat".

Oh, by the by, when are they going to add an art discussion branch to these forums? Ha ha...

Spam deleted.

Eh, I like Arita's work a lot. For me, my faves are the Dratini and Dragonair from DS, but Marill/Azu SS are awesome too. RG Clefairy looks... flat...

Personally i think Kouki Saitou is just as good as Mitshurio too

So is Masakazu Fukuda( just look at his Feraligatr...:D awsome!! )

My favorite Mitshurio Arita masterpiece is the DR Charizard!!

Tomokazu Komiya, I totally disagree with you, the clefairy is his best and that sooo ugly shroomish is his worst, man it's sooo scary. and little, cute clefairy would be the worst, I used to love that card.
well, overall, he's not my favourite, but he's good.

That Clefairy isn't really that horrible.

I really like the Skyridge Ursaring that looks like it is talking a relaxing steam bath..

Mitsuhiro Arita is my Hero. I really love his work. I'll never forget Base Charizard he really brought that Pokemon to life.

RE:  Artist Review- Mitsuhiro Arita

arcanine_ex said:
That Clefairy isn't really that horrible.

I know. That's what I thought too. I think we should call it the least best Mitsuhiro Arita drawing.

RE:  Artist Review- Mitsuhiro Arita

masterryanx said:
Arita's Slaking isn't bad at all he's just a butt-ugly Pokemon as it is... -_-
Yeah :/

I really liked His UF Ariados, as well as Ds Tyrannitar. TTar can be awesome looking, but usually hes uh.. ugly :/ Being a fan of Deoxys, the new attack form really made me admire his art once more. Hes been a favorite artist throughout the days, mainly because you can see his art improve. Sure other artists do well, but I think almost every card Hes done is fantastic. His 3D Art isnt always the best quality, but he outdid himself on Rocket's persian Ex

Back